Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:18 AM

http://www.kcra.com/...422/detail.html

El Dorado Man Charged With Sex Trafficking
Case Involves Missing Teen

EL DORADO HILLS, Calif. -- A case involving a missing El Dorado Hills teenager last March led police to arrest a man on Monday accused of sex trafficking, officials said.

Rishi Sanwal, 23, was arrested by FBI agents and Sacramento police at the intersection of Green Valley Road and Francisco Drive and has been charged with sex trafficking, police said.

The missing El Dorado Hills teenager, who was last seen with Sanwal in a maroon Hummer, called a friend six days after her disappearance and said she was in the Bay Area, police said.

Using the tip, investigators traced the caller ID information to several online ads placed in the erotic section of Craigslist.

Undercover officers used the same phone numbers from the Craigslist ads to make contact and arrange a meeting with a woman named "Kimberly," police said.

When the investigators arrived at a Motel 6 in Freemont, they discovered the missing El Dorado teen, and connected the online Craigslist ads to Sanwal, police said.

Sanwal is currently being held at the Sacramento County Jail.

#2 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:03 AM

Glad to hear the scumball is behind bars.
I would rather be Backpacking

#3 (Gaelic925)

(Gaelic925)
  • Visitors

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:09 AM

It is great they figured out what happened and caught the guy. Why do poeple have to do things like this?

#4 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:12 AM

Saw this on the news last night - that internet pimp came from a very wealthy family..... now is a good time for that girl and her parents to sue the heck out of this douche bag

Personally if that was my daughter - I'd go and shoot the guy as soon as his parents make bail for him.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#5 (Gaelic925)

(Gaelic925)
  • Visitors

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Jul 2 2008, 08:12 AM) View Post
Personally if that was my daughter - I'd go and shoot the guy as soon as his parents make bail for him.

Yes but then you would be in jail and you won't be there for your daughter when she needs you.

#6 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE(Gaelic925 @ Jul 2 2008, 08:13 AM) View Post
Yes but then you would be in jail and you won't be there for your daughter when she needs you.

aw you're right, thats true - but can I at least beat him to within inches of his life?

I could not fathom someone doing that to my daughter, I'd probably lose it and go "Hulk" on the guy.. and try and rip his head off....

scum bags like that need to be wiped off the face of the earth, we don't need them around and we don't need to pay to house them in jail - they need to be wiped out

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#7 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:19 AM

I, too, saw the piece on the news last night. I'm glad they caught the guy, but wondered whether or not his parents were home during the time he had the girl with him there. The report didn't address their whereabouts.

I also wonder how the girl is doing. She will undoubtedly never be the same, but I hope she finds a way to deal with all of this and move toward happiness in her life.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#8 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:19 AM

Temporary insanity!!! biggrin.gif
I would rather be Backpacking

#9 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE(Bill Z @ Jul 2 2008, 08:19 AM) View Post
Temporary insanity!!! biggrin.gif

Exactly. Just eat a box of Twinkies first. Plus, if anyone could pull off the TI defense it's the Hulk.

#10 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Jul 2 2008, 08:12 AM) View Post
Saw this on the news last night - that internet pimp came from a very wealthy family..... now is a good time for that girl and her parents to sue the heck out of this douche bag

Uh huh. And his dad was appointed as a trade advisor by Cruz Bustamante -

Here's the link - scroll way down or just Ctrl F and type in Sanwal
http://www.siliconee...august2004.html

You know, if someone slips and falls in your home, you're responsible. If someone holds your developmentally disabled daughter against her will and pimps her out on Craigslist in your home, you're most definitely liable.

#11 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Jul 2 2008, 08:19 AM) View Post
I, too, saw the piece on the news last night. I'm glad they caught the guy, but wondered whether or not his parents were home during the time he had the girl with him there. The report didn't address their whereabouts.

I also wonder how the girl is doing. She will undoubtedly never be the same, but I hope she finds a way to deal with all of this and move toward happiness in her life.

From the looks of the home, and the proximity to where he was seen with her, I'm guessing Southpointe, overlooking Folsom Lake.
http://www.news10.ne...p...095&catid=2

#12 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:50 AM

He better strike a plea-bargain deal with the D.A. because if I'm on that jury, he's getting the maximum max...whatever that is..

Scuzzball..
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#13 Revolutionist

Revolutionist

Liposuction for the brain

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:01 AM

some things are worth jail for
and she'd have something more important than a dad at home...
she'd have a dad she could admire, rather than a domesticated, emasculated, sedated shell of a man who's only hope for justice is that his lawyer is better than the defendants.

Posted Image

#14 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE(Revolutionist @ Jul 2 2008, 10:01 AM) View Post
she'd have a dad she could admire, rather than a domesticated, emasculated, sedated shell of a man who's only hope for justice is that his lawyer is better than the defendants.

Her biological father has opted not to be a part of her life, but I do know her stepfather very well, and he is none of those things.

#15 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(Revolutionist @ Jul 2 2008, 10:01 AM) View Post

These are some tough tough arguments. I am torn and not sure what I would do if someone hurt my child. On the other hand, I would hate to go to prison and miss out and not be there for my child. Temporary insanity will not fly at all in court these days. Tough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users