55 replies to this topic

#16 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

How is a crook like this able to keep getting business licenses?
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#17 Allen

Allen

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Riding motorcycles and meeting motorcyclists, mountain biking, running the Folsom trails, digital photography, Geocaching (enjoy the link), cool technology gadgets, traveling anywhere and everywhere, good friends, music on my iPod.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Jun 23 2008, 09:40 PM) View Post
How is a crook like this able to keep getting business licenses?

Screw that! How does a guy like that not get his arse kicked?

#18 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(Allen @ Jun 23 2008, 09:45 PM) View Post
Screw that! How does a guy like that not get his arse kicked?

Or get put in jail? Or both?
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#19 TOOK-er

TOOK-er

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE(ducky @ Jun 23 2008, 09:39 PM) View Post
That's really weird. Resumelady's info seems like it's the same guy, but when you look up county records Benjamin Russu comes up as Russu Veniamin. Hmmm.

veinamin said in spanish sounds like a "b" beinamin... can easily be mistaken for benjamin... that MIGHT be how he go his name... good luck with that... i feel like i was part of National Treasure or something... lol

#20 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:57 AM

BBB is useless.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#21 polycat

polycat

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Baking, Cooking, Gardening, Traveling, Walking, Swimming, Biking, Reading, Blogging, Writing, Graphic Arts, Volunteering, Community... but my greatest interest and love is my family.

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE(TOOK-er @ Jun 23 2008, 10:05 PM) View Post
veinamin said in spanish sounds like a "b" beinamin... can easily be mistaken for benjamin... that MIGHT be how he go his name... good luck with that... i feel like i was part of National Treasure or something... lol

Hmmm... and the "B" and the "V" are right next to each other on the keyboard. Could just be a typo from long ago.

George, I'm so sorry to hear about this. We've got a broken TV you can have if you'd like! wink.gif

Seriously, this guy clearly has a long standing tradition of doing this. I wonder how he is still in business anywhere... under any name?

#22 Folsom Guy

Folsom Guy

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE(GoodFellas @ Jun 23 2008, 08:46 PM) View Post
So, I take my TV in for repairs at Sac Video in Orangevale a couple months ago, after diagnosing the problem they tell me it would cost around $120 to repair. I gave the go-ahead-They told me it would be about a week. About 10 days go by and no word from Sac video, I call and they tell me another week. Week goes by-NO CALL...I call them and they tell me the part is back ordered and would be a few weeks before it would arrive. Now I'm pissed. They tell me they would call me when part arrived... 2 weeks go by and you guessed it- NO CALL. I just called and the number is disconnected! THEY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS.They stole my $700 TV!!!
I plan on calling BBB tomorrow but will it do any good? Does anyone have suggestions? I blame myself, should have known from thier attitutde. UGHHHH!

I lucked out a while back when some other repairer gave me a runaround - he filed for dunno which chapter, but, his son blurted where all the stuff was - with another repairer and I could pick it up from him.

But, would like to know how this thing ends up with you.

#23 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:09 AM

Call. The. Cops.

>$500 = grand theft
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#24 Folsom Guy

Folsom Guy

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Jun 23 2008, 09:20 PM) View Post
Maybe they just moved to a new location? Have you been by there to see? I bet it's just sitting there while they take their time getting all the repairs back to people. I'm sure they are in no hurry.

smells like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck, acts like a duck...probably is one...

ps: replace duck with crook

#25 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE(TOOK-er @ Jun 23 2008, 10:05 PM) View Post

It's strange that it's typo'd and misspelled exactly the same way by two entirely separate governmental agencies (County versus State).

Anyways, going with the National Treasure theme, Goodfellas should look in the Book of Secrets (craigslist) to find his TV, but hurry because I suspect Ed Harris has already put in a bid. tongue.gif

#26 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE(GoodFellas @ Jun 23 2008, 08:46 PM) View Post
So, I take my TV in for repairs at Sac Video in Orangevale a couple months ago, after diagnosing the problem they tell me it would cost around $120 to repair. I gave the go-ahead-They told me it would be about a week. About 10 days go by and no word from Sac video, I call and they tell me another week. Week goes by-NO CALL...I call them and they tell me the part is back ordered and would be a few weeks before it would arrive. Now I'm pissed. They tell me they would call me when part arrived... 2 weeks go by and you guessed it- NO CALL. I just called and the number is disconnected! THEY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS.They stole my $700 TV!!!
I plan on calling BBB tomorrow but will it do any good? Does anyone have suggestions? I blame myself, should have known from thier attitutde. UGHHHH!

If the place did go out of business your first duty is to try to contact them. Is there a new number on the door etc? If not you should file a police report. This doesn't mean they're going to get your TV back but it just establishes that you reported it. If they have gone out of business you aren't going to get anything from the BBB (really BBB can only help if the company is a member). You should check the county filings online (I think you can still see them online) to see if they file bankruptcy and submit a creditor's claim.

However, in most cases companies like this just go out of business and disappear. You just end up being one in a long line of creditors.
-robert

#27 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Jun 23 2008, 09:50 PM) View Post
Or get put in jail? Or both?

He may not be a criminal or being fraudulent; his bills may have just exceeded his ability to pay them. It’s nothing criminal it happens with businesses all the time. There is risk in business and when you leave property with someone you accept that risk. Hopefully you'll get the TV back but its probably still in pieces.

-Robert

#28 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE(Robert Gary @ Jun 24 2008, 11:30 AM) View Post
He may not be a criminal or being fraudulent; his bills may have just exceeded his ability to pay them. It’s nothing criminal it happens with businesses all the time. There is risk in business and when you leave property with someone you accept that risk. Hopefully you'll get the TV back but its probably still in pieces.

-Robert

Yeah, but they're GoodFellas' pieces. You don't string somebody along and keep their stuff. That's fraudulent. If you can't stay in business, you offer an apology and give the customer a chance to pick up their property.

#29 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:56 AM

He may not be a criminal or being fraudulent; his bills may have just exceeded his ability to pay them. It’s nothing criminal it happens with businesses all the time.

Except that this guy has done this on several previous occasions. And if he was an honest business person, he wouldn't be giving customers the runaround; he'd be up front, he'd take and respond to calls, etc.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#30 GoodFellas

GoodFellas

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests: Great food and even better wine!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:05 AM

-Robert

My last coversation with this guy was very clear, I told him I just wanted the TV back. No harm No foul. He was so RUDE! I've attempted to pick TV up but he is never open. This guy is a scam artist. You simply do not treat people like that! What if I did that in my business? You want what? Meatballs? I tell you what you can do with the meatballs! huh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users