11 replies to this topic

#1 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:29 PM

I'd love personal recommendations regarding a good florist for a wedding. I'd prefer to keep our business in Folsom if possible, but will explore other florists as well.

Thanks!

Deb
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#2 gm2005

gm2005

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:08 PM

We have used I think it's called creative memories or something like that here in Folsom. They are located across from the library (right next to Action Day preschool center).

#3 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

A little ways out, but my aunt is the manager at Del Paso Florist and they do BEAUTIFUL work.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#4 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

I noticed a gorgeous flower display at $5 Diner of all places the other day. It was from a florist in Orangevale, that is friends with one of the owners (they trade food for flowers). I forget the name, but they had her card there.

#5 flowerpower

flowerpower

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:56 PM

I'd love personal recommendations regarding a good florist for a wedding. I'd prefer to keep our business in Folsom if possible, but will explore other florists as well.

Thanks!

Deb

Hi Deb,

My name is Michelle and I run a floral design business out of my home here in Folsom. I specialize in weddings and would love to talk to you if you are still looking for a florist. Feel free to check out my website to see some of the work I have done: www.bloomflowerdesign.com. My contact info is on there as well; I can be reached by phone or email. Thanks and have a great day!

#6 knittychick

knittychick

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:41 PM

Another one that's close, but not in Folsom City limits is Flower Fiesta in Rancho Cordova. Owner Geri Ann Alviso is creative and does beautiful arrangements. 916-225-2623. See more at: http://www.flowerfiesta.com/
"Peace is always beautiful." - Walt Whitman

#7 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

Thank you all for the recommendations! I met with the owner of The Blossom Shop last week based on numerous recommendations and secured her for the wedding. There were so many very talented florists from which to choose and I think they all love what they do -- especially for such happy events! I am confident we're in good hands.

Again, thank you for the input!
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#8 leenda

leenda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:13 PM

Thank you all for the recommendations! I met with the owner of The Blossom Shop last week based on numerous recommendations and secured her for the wedding. There were so many very talented florists from which to choose and I think they all love what they do -- especially for such happy events! I am confident we're in good hands.

Again, thank you for the input!

I guess this is a little after the fact now, but, I highly recommend Kathy Bare at Crystal Rose Florist on Prarie City Road (across the street from the Safeway shopping center and in the area near the old Malabar (now the Blue Ravine Vet Hospital and near Felipes). Kathy is absolutely incredible with her unique arrangements and uses only the most gorgeous (and mostly) exotic flowers in her creations. Here's a link to her website. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

www.crystalroseflorist.com

#9 twnkltoz

twnkltoz

Folsom writer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:writing, reading, horses, dancing (Argentine Tango, West Coast Swing, and Ballroom)

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

My friend Jenny does really beautiful work. http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&tid=1803853130586#!/01Jens Jen's Wedding Flowers.

#10 Sliza_2

Sliza_2

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:13 AM

For my floral delivery, I always go with Same Day Flower Delivery NYC which is quite well-known in the city and was recommended to me by a friend of mines. Used their service for my parent’s wedding anniversary and was very happy with it.

Edited by Sliza_2, 07 December 2016 - 08:39 PM.

#11 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:55 AM

i was going to mention the Blossom Shop too.  They do beautiful work!

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#12 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:33 PM

i was going to mention the Blossom Shop too.  They do beautiful work!

This is an old post brought up by a first-time poster to advertise something (I won't click the link). At any rate, we did end up using the Blossom Shop and they were wonderful!

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users