3 replies to this topic

#1 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:30 PM

MEXICO CITY – Gov. Jerry Brown suggested Monday that Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s ordering of National Guard troops to the U.S.-Mexico border to address the surge in border crossings is misguided, urging politicians instead to heed the “religious call … to welcome the stranger” in addressing the crisis.

“This is a human problem, and it has been the religious call of all religions to welcome the stranger, and it’s in that spirit that I believe the clergy can call the United States, Mexico and all the players to perhaps a higher response than might otherwise happen,” Brown said on the first full day of his trade mission to Mexico.

This is interesting to me because most Democrats I know are Atheists and many have a serious disdain for religion.

Svzr2FS.jpg

#2 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

Brown must be on some of that brown stuff they like to call tar. Not to be confused with road covering materials, however.

#3 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

Brown must be on some of that brown stuff they like to call tar. Not to be confused with road covering materials, however.

That guy's been flying high since the 70's.  He earned his nickname "Moonbeam" for a reason.

Svzr2FS.jpg

#4 UncleVinny

UncleVinny

"Can't we all just get along?"

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

"most Democrats I know are Atheists"

Where did THAT come from??

"In this world of trouble and strife, bring some peace to someone's life"

0 user(s) are reading this topic