• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#16 555

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:34 PM

Great. How anti-climactic. As someone else posted, we've been hearing about this "mall" for almost 15 years now. It's too bad they didn't decide on at least one store like Macy's or Nordstrom. I would have liked to see at least one of that sort. Citrus freakin' Heights can have a Macy's, but not Folsom?

I'm guessing we are indeed going to see anchor tennants like Crate & Barrell and a book store. While I'll take Crate or Pottery Barn over nothing (I'm not excited about either one, we just end up going there a lot for wedding gifts or certain house stuff), those are pretty much a yawn.

#17 Barb J

Barb J

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE(555 @ Oct 25 2006, 04:34 PM) View Post

Great. How anti-climactic. As someone else posted, we've been hearing about this "mall" for almost 15 years now. It's too bad they didn't decide on at least one store like Macy's or Nordstrom. I would have liked to see at least one of that sort. Citrus freakin' Heights can have a Macy's, but not Folsom?

I'm guessing we are indeed going to see anchor tennants like Crate & Barrell and a book store. While I'll take Crate or Pottery Barn over nothing (I'm not excited about either one, we just end up going there a lot for wedding gifts or certain house stuff), those are pretty much a yawn.

I think Crate & Barrel or a Pottery Barn would be fabulous....but I'm not holding my breath. I think it's more along the lines of a Gottshalks. Unbelieveable to me that Folsom doesn't rank as high up as Roseville to get the good stores - what's up with that? I'd say between Folsom and EDH, we've got to have more $ floating around than Roseville? You'd think those higher end stores would LOVE to come to our little neck of the woods.

Barb (sad that I'll still have to drive to Roseville and spend my hubbys hard earned cash there)

#18 ericm2031

ericm2031

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:25 PM

The reason all the stores flock to Roseville is because of the current cluster already there. The retail sales are 9th in the state at 3.5 billion. The closest city to Roseville's size is Riverside which has a 300,000 population. Roseville also ranks 1st in almost sales category locally which means it is attracting people. If people come out of the area to shop in Roseville, retailers know that if they go in Roseville, they are guaranteed to shop at their stores first. The expansion of the Galleria will bring in an additional estimated $130 million in sales. So if you were wondering why they don't go to Folsom, there are some facts that retailers look at when deciding to locate. I do believe if Roseville runs out of room near Freeways, they will start popping up in more areas, but it also might be too late. Roseville and Folsom are still considered too close to operate 2 stores. Nordstrom never locates THAT close to each other, but on the other hand, Macy's does in a lot of areas.

So overall, Roseville just got a little lucky and with good planning, because the mall was planned for Rocklin, but residents fought and they went to Roseville. Now Rocklin is crying to Roseville because they lost their Wal-Mart and that was their biggest sales tax generator. Rocklin wouldn't let them expand so they had to pay for it.

One last point about Palladio, it still will be a great place to shop and will still get typical mall type retailers. Just don't expect anything totally unique to that center. Its design is great, but won't likely catch any retailers that are already in Roseville. Especially if the Galleria gets Tiffany & Co. like they are saying. I don't think they would lie about it if they weren't serious. They know people will be waiting for it and will not be happy if they don't appear in the expansion...it is all part of their reputation and image.

Here is a site plan for the Fountains that includes all the retailers . This will be a true "lifestyle" center. Palladio should be officially named "open-air mall". It is hard to read but I can send you a pdf version if anybody wants it. Also here is a site plan for Palladio without retailers.

#19 Jaxx

Jaxx

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE(ericm2031 @ Oct 25 2006, 06:25 PM) View Post

The reason all the stores flock to Roseville is because of the current cluster already there. The retail sales are 9th in the state at 3.5 billion. The closest city to Roseville's size is Riverside which has a 300,000 population. Roseville also ranks 1st in almost sales category locally which means it is attracting people. If people come out of the area to shop in Roseville, retailers know that if they go in Roseville, they are guaranteed to shop at their stores first. The expansion of the Galleria will bring in an additional estimated $130 million in sales. So if you were wondering why they don't go to Folsom, there are some facts that retailers look at when deciding to locate. I do believe if Roseville runs out of room near Freeways, they will start popping up in more areas, but it also might be too late. Roseville and Folsom are still considered too close to operate 2 stores. Nordstrom never locates THAT close to each other, but on the other hand, Macy's does in a lot of areas.

So overall, Roseville just got a little lucky and with good planning, because the mall was planned for Rocklin, but residents fought and they went to Roseville. Now Rocklin is crying to Roseville because they lost their Wal-Mart and that was their biggest sales tax generator. Rocklin wouldn't let them expand so they had to pay for it.

One last point about Palladio, it still will be a great place to shop and will still get typical mall type retailers. Just don't expect anything totally unique to that center. Its design is great, but won't likely catch any retailers that are already in Roseville. Especially if the Galleria gets Tiffany & Co. like they are saying. I don't think they would lie about it if they weren't serious. They know people will be waiting for it and will not be happy if they don't appear in the expansion...it is all part of their reputation and image.

Here is a site plan for the Fountains that includes all the retailers . This will be a true "lifestyle" center. Palladio should be officially named "open-air mall". It is hard to read but I can send you a pdf version if anybody wants it. Also here is a site plan for Palladio without retailers.

Yes Roseville Galleria has great changes and additions planned:

http://en.wikipedia....ia_at_Roseville

Maybe an Apple Store also.
Too bad about the mediocre interest by better retailers regarding coming to the Palladio.
Roseville will continue getting the better stores.

#20 watstein

watstein

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:58 PM

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I went to that General Growth Site that ericm2031 had hyperlinked and found these picture renderings. It looks kind of like EDH town centre but not as old euorpe but newer europe. What I was wondering in the site plan is that it says gourmet grocery, which I know in EDH it was ralphs but if were going to have one it better be something other than the usual Raleys/Bel-Air and more on the line of Whole Foods or Nugget.

#21 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE(ericm2031 @ Oct 25 2006, 08:19 PM) View Post

I would like to let you know that I have seen a partial tenant list for the anchors. I cannot release names yet, but it is nothing that great. All I can say is that it won't be anything new to Sacramento area yet. The Fountains in Roseville will be getting the brunt of "lifestyle" retailers that are catered toward a certain niche. I have seen full tenant lists for that and most of them are new to the Sacramento area. Most of their closest locations are in the bay area, especially Santana Row.

I thought Whole Foods was out of place on the list and belongs on Iron Point uphill from Costco. Do you agree?

#22 watstein

watstein

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:16 PM

Uphill from Costco is going to be the Supercenter Walmart

#23 ericm2031

ericm2031

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE(Redone @ Oct 25 2006, 08:10 PM) View Post

I thought Whole Foods was out of place on the list and belongs on Iron Point uphill from Costco. Do you agree?

THe site plan that i attached with whole foods was The Fountains in Roseville not Palladio at Broadstone.

#24 watstein

watstein

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE(ericm2031 @ Oct 25 2006, 06:25 PM) View Post

The last line you said "Also here is a site plan for palladio without retailers". Which is what I clicked on to see the plan and findout about those pictures. So you did attach it.

#25 ericm2031

ericm2031

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE(watstein @ Oct 25 2006, 09:36 PM) View Post

The last line you said "Also here is a site plan for palladio without retailers". Which is what I clicked on to see the plan and findout about those pictures. So you did attach it.

I know I attached it...I have no idea what you are talking about.

#26 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:48 PM

^ I think watstein is just pointing out that the pics he posted are from your PDF (even say Palladio)... nice renderings - I hope to see them soon.

#27 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE(watstein @ Oct 26 2006, 12:16 AM) View Post

Uphill from Costco is going to be the Supercenter Walmart

It's not even approved yet so the phrase "going to be" is premature.

#28 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:23 PM

So I wonder what the "Gourmet Grocery" will end up being?

There aren't many choices out there...

Whole Foods
Wild Oats
Nugget
Trader Joes

Looks like there will be a movie theater as well. This most likely spells the doom of the Folsom Century Theaters.

#29 Jaxx

Jaxx

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(watstein @ Oct 25 2006, 09:36 PM) View Post

"Palladio without retailers."
That's what it's turning out to be.

#30 DalOwnerX3

DalOwnerX3

Fuzzy Folsomite

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:03 PM

I found out from a friend's cousin's girlfriend who saw a partial list of retailres at Starbucks the other day.
Here's what she recalled:

Dollar Tree Store
Canned Food Outlet
Starbucks
Liquor Barn
Kmart

With this lineup, there won't be a reason for me to ever go to Rancho! tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users