132 replies to this topic

#16 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:39 AM

"We carry Glocks."  "No CCW required,"                  :idea:   ??       

Sounds like an admission of a felony on social media.        :beehive:

You might want to delete that before the ATF discovers it!

You don't want them knocking on your door!

"Bang, Bang, Bang!"      

Vinny - I don't see Aces posts.  He's on permanent ignore.  But based on your comments, he apparently said something about carrying guns without a permit.  He is truly committing a felony.  It's why he's on permanent ignore.  I'm pretty sure the reason he doesn't have a permit is because he's already had run-ins with the law and couldn't qualify for a permit.  And if he claims to be a "law abiding citizen", he's a liar too.  A sad human.

#17 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:09 AM

Joe - In one sense you're right.  this isn't about the "gun", it's about "control".  Some limitations on gun ownership need to occur.  Limiting people on weapons ownership is nothing new.  No one can keep a rocket propelled grenade under the bed.  No one can have a howitzer in the back yard.  no one can have an Abrams tank in the garage.  No one can have a nuclear weapon out in the barn.  The reason is these weapons can cause massive harm.  think about it - The shooter in Las Vegas probably caused more harm that a shot from a Howitzer, but for some reason the howitzer is banned but the shooter's weapons are not. Makes no sense.  I'm a little surprised the NRA isn't lobbying congress to allow people to own Howitzers as part of their 2A protections.  Wait - there aren't any executives from the Howitzer manufacturing industry on the NRA board.  That explains it.

It's good to see an uprising of students on social media who are willing to speak out on the gun control issue.  They are ones living the nightmare and are best qualified to speak out and force change.  The good news is these students will be voting within a couple years, if they aren't already of voting age.  And since they're the ones watching their friends take bullets in the seat beside them, they will have a passion to get things fixed.   Watch...

#18 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:29 AM

Ever drive one of these folks, I have.  I used to work for an Air Freight company at SFO years ago...   Easy to drive, large, heavy, and can go very fast.  They come in automatic too so any idiot can drive one ( I liked the 5 speeds and 10 speeds best, the MACK trucks were cool...).  We called them Bobtails...   From the logic of the anti 2A folks here it looks like we should ban them, these trucks immediately...!   Get them off the streets, no need for such a large and powerful fully automatic truck that can do so much damage. And register them all (oops, they already are).  Then we should require a license to operate them (oops, we already do).  Even in France they do.   86 dead, 458 wounded, by a truck with an evil and hateful man at the wheel and from an evil and hateful religion, my opinion only of course, the religion part.  Or you could take a large airplane and fly it into a building and maybe kill even more...?   I wonder if someone has thought of that...?   Should we ban airplanes too, register them, require a license to pilot them, own them...?  We do.  

On the evening of 14 July 2016, a 19 tonne cargo truck was deliberately driven into crowds of people celebrating Bastille Day on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice, France, resulting in the deaths of 86 people and the injury of 458 others. The driver was Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel, a Tunisian resident of France.The attack ended following an exchange of gunfire, during which Lahouaiej-Bouhlel was shot and killed by police.

Nice-France-Truck-Attack-3.jpg

1A - 2A = -1A

#19 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:03 AM

NOTES FROM THE TWEET STORM:

Trump tweet a couple hours after the shooting:

"My prayers and condolences to the families of the victims of the terrible Florida shooting. No child, teacher or anyone else should ever feel unsafe in an American school."

One student who witnesses the shootings responded to Trump's tweet with this:

don’t want your condolences you f__king piece of s__t, my friends and teachers were shot. Multiple of my fellow classmates are dead. Do something instead of sending prayers. Prayers won’t fix this. But Gun control will prevent it from happening again.   It went viral.

I suspect many of her fellow students, in her school and in many schools around the country, are of the same mindset, because some are actually living this nightmare.  Many are already of voting age, or will soon be.  I'm fairly certain they will have the passion to take this issue on and force changes.  Watch it happen.

#20 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:21 AM

NOTES FROM THE TWEET STORM:

Trump tweet a couple hours after the shooting:

"My prayers and condolences to the families of the victims of the terrible Florida shooting. No child, teacher or anyone else should ever feel unsafe in an American school."

One student who witnesses the shootings responded to Trump's tweet with this:

don’t want your condolences you f__king piece of s__t, my friends and teachers were shot. Multiple of my fellow classmates are dead. Do something instead of sending prayers. Prayers won’t fix this. But Gun control will prevent it from happening again.   It went viral.

I suspect many of her fellow students, in her school and in many schools around the country, are of the same mindset, because some are actually living this nightmare.  Many are already of voting age, or will soon be.  I'm fairly certain they will have the passion to take this issue on and force changes.  Watch it happen.

Great. More emotional, uninformed responses where a cool head is needed.  None of the gun control being talked about by the left would have done anything to prevent this.

And the "articles" on social media about 18 school shootings so far, Trump got rid of the law that forbid mental patients from getting guns and common sense gun control just pander to the uninformed and emotional populace. the facts don't matter to these people.

For example,

handguns kill 40 times more people than "scary" assault rifles.  But rifles look scarier, so let's ban them.

Over 1/3 of those gun deaths are suicide.

The crime rate and gun use is actually falling.  There were 1, 222.000 firearm incident (firearm used in a crime) in 1993, there were 414, 000 in 2011

The 18 school shootings this year alone claim doesn't tell you, 2 were suicides, 2 were accidental discharges of service weapons (no one injured) , one was a stray bullet from unknown source striking a building (this was actually likely a shot directed at a "climate denier" professor's office),

So the FACT is that there were 6 or 7 (depending on how you count domestic assault) attacks against students or teachers. Not 18. While 6 is 6 too many, the hysteria and inaccuracies by media is ridiculous That includes the OP.  Considering there are 250k schools in the US with about 50 million students that is hardly the "epidemic" being portrayed in the news.  Just for comparison, if you are black and live in S Chicago, you have a 1 in 900 chance of being shot.  That would be like 50,000 kids being shot at school!  I'm not trying to justify the shootings, just trying to give people some perspective.

Trump did repeal the Obama rule. However, he did not allow mental patients to bypass background checks as claimed by many. The rule (which never even went into effect) would have allowed the SSA to communicate with the NCIS and to flag anyone receiving SSA benefits who was incapable of keeping their own finances straight. I know we had a spate of senior citizens shooting up towns and schools, so I can see why this was necessary...  :P

I have already commented on the whole "common sense" strawman.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#21 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:24 PM

Great. More emotional, uninformed responses where a cool head is needed.  None of the gun control being talked about by the left would have done anything to prevent this.

And the "articles" on social media about 18 school shootings so far, Trump got rid of the law that forbid mental patients from getting guns and common sense gun control just pander to the uninformed and emotional populace. the facts don't matter to these people.

For example,

handguns kill 40 times more people than "scary" assault rifles.  But rifles look scarier, so let's ban them.

Over 1/3 of those gun deaths are suicide.

The crime rate and gun use is actually falling.  There were 1, 222.000 firearm incident (firearm used in a crime) in 1993, there were 414, 000 in 2011

The 18 school shootings this year alone claim doesn't tell you, 2 were suicides, 2 were accidental discharges of service weapons (no one injured) , one was a stray bullet from unknown source striking a building (this was actually likely a shot directed at a "climate denier" professor's office),

So the FACT is that there were 6 or 7 (depending on how you count domestic assault) attacks against students or teachers. Not 18. While 6 is 6 too many, the hysteria and inaccuracies by media is ridiculous That includes the OP.  Considering there are 250k schools in the US with about 50 million students that is hardly the "epidemic" being portrayed in the news.  Just for comparison, if you are black and live in S Chicago, you have a 1 in 900 chance of being shot.  That would be like 50,000 kids being shot at school!  I'm not trying to justify the shootings, just trying to give people some perspective.

Trump did repeal the Obama rule. However, he did not allow mental patients to bypass background checks as claimed by many. The rule (which never even went into effect) would have allowed the SSA to communicate with the NCIS and to flag anyone receiving SSA benefits who was incapable of keeping their own finances straight. I know we had a spate of senior citizens shooting up towns and schools, so I can see why this was necessary...  :P

I have already commented on the whole "common sense" strawman.

Your thought that this has to be an "epidemic" before corrective action be taken is horrific.  there is a whole new generation of voters coming in who don't think like you (fortunately).  Some have actually had to sit there and watch their friend in the seat beside them take a bullet from a nut job with a gun.  Same at Las Vegas,  Same at NewTown, Same at the Aurora theater.  As these incidents continue, more & more will call for some kind of control.  And when it finally becomes an epidemic, the needle will move.

there is no effort to manage the nutjobs.  In fact, Trump's latest budget takes funding away from a variety of nutjob health programs.  So if the nutjobs are allowed to roam free, the only course left is to limit their access to tools that create mayhem, guns being one of them.

The new generation will not be patient with your convoluted efforts to make it seem that this is no problem at all. 

#22 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:49 PM

Your thought that this has to be an "epidemic" before corrective action be taken is horrific.

For Christ's sake, your reading comprehension is really below par.

I never said it wasn't a problem. I never created the hysteria. I have advocated certain logical laws.  I have offered statistics from the national gov.

You came in and misrepresent what I say, flail your arms using totally misleading headlines (OP), demand something be done...AND OFFER NOTHING.

Er, no thanks. If you have any THOUGHTFUL ideas based on ACCURATE data, we're all still waiting.  I have offered at least 5 ideas...statistics from the federal gov and dispassionate analysis of the problem and potential solutions.

Step your intellectual game up or acknowledge you are not up to the task.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#23 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

I offer NOTHING???  Absolutely correct!!!   We ELECT and PAY government leaders to come up with solutions, strategies, and policies that generally make life better for citizens.  They need to get off their butts and do their jobs!!  It's not up to me, OR YOU to offer solutions.  Yeah, you mention some ideas, but what then?  did you compose a note to your congressmen with these ideas?  I bet not.

My intellectual game is just fine.  I've figured out that our duly elected, and handsomely compensated government leaders CAN'T FIND THEIR AZZ WITH BOTH HANDS.  For some reason, you think it's MY job to develop government policy and let the bozos in Washington off the hook.  And you challenge my intellect?   Really?

#24 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:06 AM

Looking to government to solve our problems? Got it. Not up to the task.

#25 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:55 PM

Looking to government to solve our problems? Got it. Not up to the task.

Actually, you don't "got it".   Again, no one hires and pays me to develop government policies, strategies, and solutions.  We have people whom we elected and pay to develop policies, strategies, and solutions.  Not only should we demand they develop them, we should also demand they enact them.  No one else can do it.  Certainly not me, nor you.  Have no interest in making government accountable?  Then you're part of the problem.  You should stop voting.

#26 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:32 PM

Did you see how Soros is financing these kids trip to Washington.......?   Wow, that happened fast....!   The left is truly moving on this hard and fast.   Sad they don't recognize gun free zones as kill zones.   Their very creation, gun free zones, are the kill zones of today.....!   And the left has brought you them and then blames the NRA for the problem.  Solution:  Take a lefty to the range, show them gun safety, trigger discipline, muzzle discipline, and checking your backstop every time.  Also safety glasses and ear protection. Only then will they realize the great power of a trained citizen, with a gun, for self protection and the protection of others.  For you and anybody around you.  A janitor or a teacher or two with a CCW in that school could have changed this sad ending for the 17 kids.  Not the NRA folks, it's the left and their gun free, safe zones.  Not that safe.  Chris 

1A - 2A = -1A

#27 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

Holy Crap! I hope this isn't true, but remember the first thing I asked after Who Do said there was an armed officer on campus? I wondered where he was as yo could here gunshots from a mile away. Now we know...makes me sick.

http://www.miamihera...e201636649.html

One week after a mass shooter Nikolas Cruz murdered 17 people inside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, Broward's top cop on Thursday revealed a stunning series of failures by the sheriff’s department.

A school campus cop heard the gunfire, rushed to the building but never went inside – instead waiting outside for another four agonizing minutes as Cruz continued the slaughter.

And long before Cruz embarked on the worst school shooting in Florida history, Broward Sheriff’s deputies had multiple warnings that the 19-year-old was a potential school shooter, according to records released Thursday .

In November, a tipster called BSO to say Cruz “could be a school shooter in the making” but deputies did not write up a report on it. That came just weeks after a relative called asking BSO to seize his weapons. Two years ago, according to a timeline of interactions with Cruz’s family, a deputy investigated a report that Cruz “planned to shoot up the school” – intelligence forwarded to the campus deputy, with no apparent result.

This combined with the FBI's failures should make pretty clear why I, as opposed to Who Do,  have little faith in government

#28 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

Yep, the guy stayed outside, gunshots and all.....   For 4-6 minutes........   He was suspended, then resigned....   Sad,   You rush to gunfire when you are the only one there.  Your life does not matter, only the kids, you got the badge, go do your effing job.....!   Sad....    I would have went full force towards this perp.   Yep I would, would not care if I got killed.  That is my job, to save kids...    Sadly this guy was paralysed..........     Snowflake....?   I don't know.   Not sure what went on her with the cops..........    Total cluster F.......k on their part, the FBI, and local, come on...   Get a clue and put this kid in 5150 territory....!   Easy to do....!   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#29 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:17 PM

Holy Crap! I hope this isn't true, but remember the first thing I asked after Who Do said there was an armed officer on campus? I wondered where he was as yo could here gunshots from a mile away. Now we know...makes me sick.

http://www.miamihera...e201636649.html

One week after a mass shooter Nikolas Cruz murdered 17 people inside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, Broward's top cop on Thursday revealed a stunning series of failures by the sheriff’s department.

A school campus cop heard the gunfire, rushed to the building but never went inside – instead waiting outside for another four agonizing minutes as Cruz continued the slaughter.

And long before Cruz embarked on the worst school shooting in Florida history, Broward Sheriff’s deputies had multiple warnings that the 19-year-old was a potential school shooter, according to records released Thursday .

In November, a tipster called BSO to say Cruz “could be a school shooter in the making” but deputies did not write up a report on it. That came just weeks after a relative called asking BSO to seize his weapons. Two years ago, according to a timeline of interactions with Cruz’s family, a deputy investigated a report that Cruz “planned to shoot up the school” – intelligence forwarded to the campus deputy, with no apparent result.

This combined with the FBI's failures should make pretty clear why I, as opposed to Who Do,  have little faith in government

Yeah, and your solution is to stand around and say, "I have little faith in government.", and do nothing.  Again, part of the problem.  Take a leaf from the students who were present at the Florida shooting.  They're speaking out, going to the state 

and their national senators and representatives to demand changes.  When was the last time you wrote a letter or email go to some government representative?  I suspect these students will get some results.  Watch...

And don't lecture me about comprehension.  I have never said that I have faith in government.  But I do have expectations.  You should too.

#30 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:05 AM

And so it starts:

-  Omaha bank ends contract to offer NRA Visa card. 

-  Three rental car companies (Enterprise, Alamo, National) will stop offering discounts to NRA members in March.

-  Pressure is mounting for Amazon to drop NRATV from their streaming service.

Since congress is unwilling to represent their constituents regarding the issues of sensible gun control, the constituents are starting to turn to the marketplace to get action underway.  It's likely that NRA boycotts will grow and start to apply economic pressure to the NRA and its members.  These will have an effect unlike writing a letter to your congressman.   

Keep in mind that corporate America has a substantial capability to do market research and can get a very accurate picture of the public's mood on any issue.  And when corporations stop backing things like the NRA or other causes, it's being driven by an economic decision in those corporations.  They know exactly what the public is thinking.  The boycotted organizations will ignore these signs at their own peril. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users