• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

Rainbow Bridge closed at 9pm for an accident. Seek alternate route
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

It's odd that the Nixle alerts always tell you to click the link for more info on the web, but there is never more info on the web -- only what the email alert says.

At any rate, I hope no one was seriously injured in this accident. The bridge is evidently now open.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#3 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

A follow-up email:

Community: Accident Shuts Down Rainbow Bridge

Early Wednesday evening (8:30 pm) officers responded to an accident in the center of the Rainbow Bridge. The investigation concluded that the driver of a small compact vehicle traveling southbound on Greenback Lane failed to negotiate the turn onto the bridge, crossed the double yellow line, and struck a motorcycle head-on. The motorcyclist suffered moderate injuries and was transported to an area hospital. The driver of the car was uninjured. The bridge was closed for two hours while officers investigated the collision.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#4 FolsomEJ

FolsomEJ

All Star

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:51 AM

It's odd that the Nixle alerts always tell you to click the link for more info on the web, but there is never more info on the web -- only what the email alert says.

At any rate, I hope no one was seriously injured in this accident. The bridge is evidently now open.

In the follow-up, alerting us the bridge was reopened, the photos were click-enabled and brought up larger versions. There was no new detail in the message.

#5 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:01 AM

In the follow-up, alerting us the bridge was reopened, the photos were click-enabled and brought up larger versions. There was no new detail in the message.

Interesting. I don't see any photos at all.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users