5 replies to this topic

#1 newfamtofolsom

newfamtofolsom

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

If anyone is interested in helping me start a babysitting co-op in the Briggs Ranch/Rancho Diablo neighborhood, please p.m. me. I am a married mother of 2, part of a current co-op, but not an active group. I'm looking to start in a, my, specific neighborhood hoping that contributes to the success. Plus, the kids would then have neighborhood friends. Thanks!

#2 Thinkingoutloud

Thinkingoutloud

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:22 AM

If anyone is interested in helping me start a babysitting co-op in the Briggs Ranch/Rancho Diablo neighborhood, please p.m. me. I am a married mother of 2, part of a current co-op, but not an active group. I'm looking to start in a, my, specific neighborhood hoping that contributes to the success. Plus, the kids would then have neighborhood friends. Thanks!

What is a baby sitting co-op?

#3 newfamtofolsom

newfamtofolsom

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

It's a group where Mom's/families swap out babysitting. You earn so many credits for watching someone in the group's kids, you can then use those credits toward your needs for babysitting. For example, you watch someone's child for 2 hours, you earn 2 hours worth of credits to use how/when you need it. The tokens are used in exchange for money, so the idea is you're not paying for a babysitter.
The success is dependent on a few things, mostly being an active group. I researched how to set one up, what works/what tends not too, safety concerns, etc. I just thought if it was neighborhood specific, it might help with making it easier and more successful (plus, the kids would have neighborhood friends). Anyone interested, please PM me. Thanks.
P.S. I have a background check/finger prints on file (for work), etc. Again, I think safety and safely screening people is a must in the beginning.

#4 FolsomEJ

FolsomEJ

All Star

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

It is actually more complicated than it sounds at first. Here's some economic-geek articles about the topic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_Hill_Babysitting_Co-op

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/the_dismal_science/1998/08/babysitting_the_economy.single.html

#5 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:54 AM

If you ever need a babysitter in this neighborhood, my 15 year old FHS 4.0 student, very responsible daughter babysits.
She charges $10/hr for 1-2 kids, slightly more for additional numbers.
Recommendations available. She can get booked pretty quickly so plan ahead.
PM me here for more info or to contact her. You can also use the contact info in my signature line.

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#6 laceykc

laceykc

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

absolutely interested!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users