• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:53 AM

The triangular lot that is in between the train tracks and the street is currently being bulldozed. Anyone know what's going on?

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:07 PM

I was wondering the same thing.  I saw a lot of PG&E trucks there yesterday.  I do remember seeing something in the council meeting under closed session about that corner and something about a permanent easement for PG&E.  It could be one of those pig stations or something.

Add:  Found it.  Resolution 9622 of the July 28, 2015, city council meeting camay posted.  It is some sort of station for monitoring gas lines.

#3 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

I was wondering the same thing.  I saw a lot of PG&E trucks there yesterday.  I do remember seeing something in the council meeting under closed session about that corner and something about a permanent easement for PG&E.  It could be one of those pig stations or something.

Add:  Found it.  Resolution 9622 of the July 28, 2015, city council meeting camay posted.  It is some sort of station for monitoring gas lines.

All to prevent another San Bruno?

#4 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:53 PM

Yes, it is a PIG launching station for inspecting and cleaning the natural gas pipeline

--
"Let's just hope Comcast doesn't own any tanks."
-Robert X. Cringely

#5 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:54 PM

so that makes at least two PIG stations in Folsom under construction. 

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#6 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:00 PM

Yes, it is a PIG launching station for inspecting and cleaning the natural gas pipeline

Oops.  I should have capped that acronym.  I don't think PG&E is setting up a petting zoo.

so that makes at least two PIG stations in Folsom under construction. 

Maybe one is a launch station and the other a trap station?

All to prevent another San Bruno?

Let's hope so.  That was terrible.  So was the explosion in Rancho Cordova.

They must be finding things because there has been lot of PG&E work done in the older neighborhoods.  They have something marked up on Market Street right now.  They did all that work on Wales.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users