7 replies to this topic

#1 EAH

EAH

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:32 PM

It can get really disheartening when all you hear about are the scummy cheaters, liars, pedophiles, crooks, and narcisisstic sociopaths that run rampant in our government, celebrity and sports centered world. 

Then a story like this breaks and actually redeems my belief in mankind.

There must be 3 VERY proud moms out there today.

Way to go boys, thanks for making us look less like the Ugly Americans that so many countries take us for.

http://www.cnn.com/2...ower/index.html

#2 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:49 PM

This is an extraordinary story of heroism--almost reminds me of an action movie or something. Totally awe-inspiring bravery and quick thinking.

#3 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:15 PM

Too bad they didn't finish the job and send him to Allah where he could have his 72 virgins.

#4 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:10 PM

Maybe it's better he will have to watch the world make heroes of men who acted to protect innocents. When he is sitting in jail, he will be wondering why Allah let things turn out this way if he is on the side of the right.

#5 dimeracer

dimeracer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:29 AM

Maybe it's better he will have to watch the world make heroes of men who acted to protect innocents. When he is sitting in jail, he will be wondering why Allah let things turn out this way if he is on the side of the right.

+1 !!!

#6 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:45 AM

Now the terrorist has a lawyer who says he was malnourished and just looking to rob people.  Oh, and he found the Kalashnikov in a park he had been sleeping in.

What a bunch of BS.  I suppose all the ammo was left right next to the rifle and the handgun and the box cutter, too.

I thank those brave local men who stopped the carnage that could have been.

#7 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:28 AM

The more I read about it, the more awed I am by these men. I think part of what makes heroism so inspiring is the realization that most of us (and definitely I) would not be brave, strong, or capable enough to do what they did.

I love hearing how the French are fussing over them, and apparently President Hollande called Obama to express his gratitude and admiration. A small step for diplomacy and cross-cultural understanding!

#8 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:46 PM

people in foreign countries often insult America for being a militarized nation (biggest military in the world, etc.), yet who would they prefer to be keeping the peace?  Russia?  China, perhaps?  NATO?  even they know that is a joke.  So they hate us for being militarized, but depend on us for peace.  Sounds like some people are feeling about the police in this country these days.

bravo to these three brave Americans.  especially happy that they are from the west coast.  :)

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users