42 replies to this topic

#1 Jenncez

Jenncez

Your Local Scentsy & Thirty-One Consultant

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:16 AM

Kind of a weird post, I know...but I got a Babies R Us gift card at my shower and was curious if anyone would want to trade me for a Target one? There is a stroller travel system that I REALLY want at Target and would love to trade gift cards with anyone. It's $100.

#2 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(Jenncez @ Apr 28 2008, 08:16 AM) View Post
Kind of a weird post, I know...but I got a Babies R Us gift card at my shower and was curious if anyone would want to trade me for a Target one? There is a stroller travel system that I REALLY want at Target and would love to trade gift cards with anyone. It's $100.

oooh I love babies r us!! Good idea for the TRADE thing though!

If I get a target I will totally trade you! But I won't know for another month or so tongue.gif
<3

#3 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:57 PM

You might want to check the BRU website, too, for the travel system that you like at Target. I find it hard to believe that Target would have something that BRU wouldn't.

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#4 Jenncez

Jenncez

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE(Jolene @ Apr 28 2008, 07:57 PM) View Post
You might want to check the BRU website, too, for the travel system that you like at Target. I find it hard to believe that Target would have something that BRU wouldn't.

I did check the BRU website, but didn't see it. I will check in the store, but I'm pretty sure I didn't see it there before. It took me FOREVER to finally decide on a stroller, so I'm bummed to have to start the search over if I have to choose only from the ones from BRU. The ones I've liked there cost more than the one I want at Target.

This is the one I want...super cute and would look great with a pink blanket. smile.gif
Graco Alano Travel System - Dot Swirl

#5 Jenncez

Jenncez

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Apr 28 2008, 07:55 PM) View Post
oooh I love babies r us!! Good idea for the TRADE thing though!

If I get a target I will totally trade you! But I won't know for another month or so tongue.gif

Ok, well I don't need the stroller yet anyways...so I will wait. smile.gif

#6 Jolene

Jolene

• Premium Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE(Jenncez @ Apr 29 2008, 07:39 AM) View Post
This is the one I want...super cute and would look great with a pink blanket. smile.gif

Holy crap! That's cute!!!!! Good luck! I hope they have it.
Much love and gratitude.

#7 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE(Jenncez @ Apr 29 2008, 07:39 AM) View Post
I did check the BRU website, but didn't see it. I will check in the store, but I'm pretty sure I didn't see it there before. It took me FOREVER to finally decide on a stroller, so I'm bummed to have to start the search over if I have to choose only from the ones from BRU. The ones I've liked there cost more than the one I want at Target.

Jen--I don't want to rain on your parade--Its fun to shop for the first baby---but you might want to consider a smaller stroller.

A) they are really heavy--especially right after a baby is born.
What happens if you go out somewhere and hubby isn't there to help you tackle the baby, the stroller, the car seat, the diaper babg and the groceries? Your back is gonna kill you.

Seriously. plus, strollers are difficult to negotiate in stores, and I can't remember how many times I tried to balance things in my arms, worry about a hot baby in the car-while I tried to keep the stroller from bumping into my car or someone else's ( don't want paint damage ) or worse, the danged stroller would either not fit between my car and a stupid suv so I could unload the baby into the car, or the danged stroller wouldn't fold up into the trunk--or not, or.......

Well, you get my drift. Seriously, invest in a really good car seat with multiple seat boosters for multiple cars and make sure you have the grocery cart bracket option on the car seat. Then go get a cheapp umbrella stroller. Makes no sense to spend that much on a stroller that more than likely will be destroyed by baby yak and drool. If it can handle the baby for a year. After that--why ain't the baby walking?

Just a thought.

#8 Jenncez

Jenncez

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE(supermom @ Apr 29 2008, 09:40 AM) View Post
Jen--I don't want to rain on your parade--Its fun to shop for the first baby---but you might want to consider a smaller stroller.

A) they are really heavy--especially right after a baby is born.
What happens if you go out somewhere and hubby isn't there to help you tackle the baby, the stroller, the car seat, the diaper babg and the groceries? Your back is gonna kill you.

Seriously. plus, strollers are difficult to negotiate in stores, and I can't remember how many times I tried to balance things in my arms, worry about a hot baby in the car-while I tried to keep the stroller from bumping into my car or someone else's ( don't want paint damage ) or worse, the danged stroller would either not fit between my car and a stupid suv so I could unload the baby into the car, or the danged stroller wouldn't fold up into the trunk--or not, or.......

Well, you get my drift. Seriously, invest in a really good car seat with multiple seat boosters for multiple cars and make sure you have the grocery cart bracket option on the car seat. Then go get a cheapp umbrella stroller. Makes no sense to spend that much on a stroller that more than likely will be destroyed by baby yak and drool. If it can handle the baby for a year. After that--why ain't the baby walking?

Just a thought.

I think it's the best investment. The car seat easily goes in and out of the car base, goes right into the stroller (or a shopping cart). It's great for walks. I've been told by tons of people to get a travel system. Sure it may be a little bulky or heavy but that's not really a big deal to me. I plan on getting a cheap umbrella stroller as well for later on.

#9 Jenncez

Jenncez

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE(Jolene @ Apr 29 2008, 08:48 AM) View Post
Holy crap! That's cute!!!!! Good luck! I hope they have it.

Isn't it?? I also found this one that is really cute too...but I just called BRU and they don't have it in stock. sad.gif

#10 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE(Jenncez @ Apr 29 2008, 09:57 AM) View Post
I think it's the best investment. The car seat easily goes in and out of the car base, goes right into the stroller (or a shopping cart). It's great for walks. I've been told by tons of people to get a travel system. Sure it may be a little bulky or heavy but that's not really a big deal to me. I plan on getting a cheap umbrella stroller as well for later on.

hmm-Do you plan on being stay at home for a while after the baby comes? Going on lotsa walks?

If so--you should totally consider going with the new/old european designed "carriages".

Baby can lay down--sit up, etc. They have a great wind, sun protection things that wraps all around.

But, like I said--they are heavy.

And way, way--over commercialized.

These companies now a days make moms feel guilty for not getting the newest and best for baby--yet really, baby just wants to sleep for the first 6 months and then they don't want to be tied into a stroller. They wanna crawl, run, or be held.

Anyway, if your bound and determined to get a travel set--I highly suggest you find someone who already has one.
try it out, go through stores with it--check and see if it really is worth the money.
Personally, I always thought a grocery cart with the baby carrier in it--was good enough. Unless you really do plan on daily walks around the neighborhood.

#11 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:29 AM

I liked the theory behind the travel system, but agree with supermom that they are heavy. I wouldn't go with one that has a plastic frame, but rather an aluminum frame. It makes a huge difference. HUGE. The plastic ones get squeaky after a while, too.

As soon as my kids were old enough to sit comfortably in an umbrella stroller, that's what I used. I did purchase a little bag to hang off the back for diapers and the like and a cup holder to hold my coffee. This was after I went through four -- yes, four -- strollers. In the end we kept the single umbrella and the double umbrella strollers with sun shades. Not good for young infants, but most usable in the long run.

I used my stroller almost every day. Went for a tons of walks for fun and for errands. And when we traveled, I put our bags in the stroller and carried the baby, it was much easier. Umbrellas all the way with air traveling because they make you collapse and open your stroller as well as take off any pieces that are easily removable.

#12 Jolene

Jolene

• Premium Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:54 AM

Okay, so I know I said your travelsystem is REALLY REALLY cute, but I do have to say that I agree with Supermom and CW.

I really just think that everyone's needs and choices are their own.

So, given that I actually agree with these two fine ladies, here is an alternative to the travelsystem:

The Snugrider Infant Carseat Frame.

I had someone tell me that I didn't want to get one of these - she said that they were prone to tipping over, but my best friend and I both had these stroller (I had the Graco, she had the baby trend) and we walked pretty much every day from December to March and neither one of us had ANY problems with our strollers.

They are pretty awesome because you have storage, the carseat moves from the car to the stroller and there's even a place for drinks/keys, etc.

And they are much more reasonably priced at $60.00.

The drawback is that now that Jocelyn should be out of the infant seat (we haven't gotten around to getting her a new carseat), we sold the snugrider and now need to get another smaller stroller.

I have a jogging stroller, but it is HUGE and not ideal for shopping or quick trips out. So, I am thinking that I will just get an umbrella stroller (cheap, cheap),but want something a little bigger, I think. Something between an umbrella and full-sized stroller. Maybe something like a Chicco Capri or the Macleran Volo.

Or maybe I'll just hit craigslist and try to find something cheapo.

Anyway, I think the travelsystem you want is CUTE CUTE CUTE and again, everyone has their own wants and needs, so I think that if that's what you want to get, then you need to get that; but I hope the alternative ideas helped, as well.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Much love and gratitude.

#13 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:02 AM

Jolene: http://sacramento.cr.../660425238.html

the bomb. This is the kind of stroller I wish would have been available when my tots were young. Smaller, lighter, but still with storage.

#14 Jolene

Jolene

• Premium Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Apr 29 2008, 11:02 AM) View Post
Jolene: http://sacramento.cr.../660425238.html

the bomb. This is the kind of stroller I wish would have been available when my tots were young. Smaller, lighter, but still with storage.

Gads, that's perfect! Emailed them. THANKS for doing my dirty work for me!
Much love and gratitude.

#15 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE(Jenncez @ Apr 28 2008, 08:16 AM) View Post

I've got a buy one get one free coupon from Weinerschnitzels I'll trade you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users