Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(traceyl @ Feb 11 2007, 11:41 AM) View Post
Weird... I got nothing. I'll call the office tomorrow and see

Thx

Ooops... my bad... I had the wrong region. She came up and it IS her picture. I can't tell you how irritated I am at the office for not notifying her patients. I'll call them tomorrow for sure.

Thanks!

#17 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 04:20 PM

We got a letter when Earl left...That was months ago.
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#18 OceanGirl

OceanGirl

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:The ocean, boogie boarding, biking, martial arts, camping, hiking, skiing- pretty much anything outdoors, family, pets

Posted 11 February 2007 - 04:48 PM

Yeah- we got a letter too.......I believe it was last August or September that she left.
I like to reminisce with people I don't know
~Steven Wright~

http://www.waterfallswest.com

#19 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE(OceanGirl @ Feb 11 2007, 04:48 PM) View Post
Yeah- we got a letter too.......I believe it was last August or September that she left.

Okay, well, I'm glad to hear that she did send out a letter. We didn't get one however.

I was talking to a doctor friend of ours yesterday to get a ped recommendation. He recommended Dr O'Malley w/ UCD at Prairie City/Blue Ravine.

#20 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE(Mommy2Sydni @ Feb 10 2007, 09:49 PM) View Post
We love, love, love Dr.Omalley at UCDMG in Folsom.....he is great with the kids and always remembers their siblings names when I bring one of them in!

Oh great! Glad to hear the great recommendations. Will definately see if we can get into him.

Thanks!!!

#21 Susan

Susan

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:00 PM

We also go to O'Malley and think he is great! Very Kind!!!

#22 gm2005

gm2005

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:46 PM

We also recommend dr Lloren. he is awsome.

#23 kaloo

kaloo

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:38 PM

Interview Dr. Kevin Grant if you can, he is in that same place over by Scott's seafood. He also does housecalls!!!

Kevin Grant, MD.
Folsom Lake Pediatrics 1004 River Rock DR # 131 Folsom
Phone: (916) 989-6400

Sweet, sweet staff.

#24 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:41 AM

Well, I lost my wonderful pediatrician, and she recommended Dr. O'Malley. Unfortunately, his practice is full, as is Dr. Frank's. I know some people have recommended Dr. Arab and Dr. Lloren, but I don't really want to go to them.

I will check out Dr. Grant, but I'm wondering if anyone else has any suggestions... I am completely heartbroken that my normal ped is moving away, and I am hoping to find someone with similar philosophies. She is very sweet, patient, and warm. She has her own children, so she has a lot of real-world knowledge. I also like that she is younger.

Thanks so much!

P.S. I tried to do a search, but this weird directory tree came up. It was taking me too long to look at individual posts.

#25 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE(stacycam @ May 30 2007, 11:41 AM) View Post
Well, I lost my wonderful pediatrician, and she recommended Dr. O'Malley. Unfortunately, his practice is full, as is Dr. Frank's. I know some people have recommended Dr. Arab and Dr. Lloren, but I don't really want to go to them.

I will check out Dr. Grant, but I'm wondering if anyone else has any suggestions... I am completely heartbroken that my normal ped is moving away, and I am hoping to find someone with similar philosophies. She is very sweet, patient, and warm. She has her own children, so she has a lot of real-world knowledge. I also like that she is younger.

Thanks so much!

P.S. I tried to do a search, but this weird directory tree came up. It was taking me too long to look at individual posts.

We had to switch peds and got in with Dr. O'Malley. But when I needed to book well checks for the girls, he was booked way out, so I went with a new doctor in the practice, Dr. Mohan. She has only been with them for a few months, but I really liked her. She was very thorough and good with the girls. You might want to give her a shot and you'd at least be in with Dr. O'Malley's practice. Just a thought....

#26 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:29 PM

I know some people have recommended Dr. Arab and Dr. Lloren, but I don't really want to go to them.

We're switching away from Dr. Arab's office. He's a nice man, but their front office has gone through a lot of change and it's just not well-run. I heard that our favorite doctor there might be leaving, and there is one there that we really don't like.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#27 Eeestll

Eeestll

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:10 PM

My old pediatrician in Elk Grove recommended Dr Arab and Dr Hepworth when we moved to Folsom over a year ago. I did not like not being able to talk to a "human" when calling Dr Arab's office.
We have been very happy with Dr Hepworth. I can always get an appt on short notice if baby is sick, and they are open on saturdays too. It saved us several trips to urgent care.

#28 titusan

titusan

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

I know some people have recommended Dr. Arab and Dr. Lloren, but I don't really want to go to them.

Not sure what your aversion to Dr. Lloren is. He's my daughter's (6 months old) doctor and so far I like his office. He has same day sick appointments, also has a nurse available for phone advice during the day, and Dr. Lloren himself called us back on a Sunday night when we had a concern. He called within 10 minutes.

Just wanted to add more information to the mix.

#29 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:16 PM

Thanks for the input. I may try switching to O'Malley's group, as Tracey suggested, and just hope to find availability.

Dr. Hepworth saw my son when he was born. He seemed okay. I don't have a strong memory either way. Does he rush through appts? Is he warm, and does he interact well with the kids?

Ashleesq - I know Dr. Lloren personally, and I just don't see him as a good fit for me.

This whole search just totally bums me out because I loved our ped so much. sad.gif

#30 Eeestll

Eeestll

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(stacycam @ May 30 2007, 06:16 PM) View Post
Dr. Hepworth saw my son when he was born. He seemed okay. I don't have a strong memory either way. Does he rush through appts? Is he warm, and does he interact well with the kids?

Dr Hepworth never rushes with us. He lets my baby hold/touch the stetoscope before he uses it, etc... He always talks to my baby directly, and interacts with him. He always takes time to answer my questions as a clueless first time mom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users