• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 giacomo

giacomo

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, goof friends traveling to Hawaii, soccer, 70's/80's music, , Lake Tahoe

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

Leaving Natoma Station at 6:40pm, there was a traffic accident at corner of Blue Ravine and Natoma Station. Lots of police and emergency vehicles. Police had most of the intersection closed off. Returning home at 9:15pm the police had cordoned off most of the intersection with yellow tape. There was an SUV with lots of front end damage and a small sedan with the drivers side fully destroyed. I hope and pray that the drivers of both vehicles are okay, but given the amount of damage and both vehicles still ther after almost 3 hours later, with probably over a dozen emergency vehicles and at least 4 motorcycle officers helping with traffic control, I don't know.....

#2 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

Leaving Natoma Station at 6:40pm, there was a traffic accident at corner of Blue Ravine and Natoma Station. Lots of police and emergency vehicles. Police had most of the intersection closed off. Returning home at 9:15pm the police had cordoned off most of the intersection with yellow tape. There was an SUV with lots of front end damage and a small sedan with the drivers side fully destroyed. I hope and pray that the drivers of both vehicles are okay, but given the amount of damage and both vehicles still ther after almost 3 hours later, with probably over a dozen emergency vehicles and at least 4 motorcycle officers helping with traffic control, I don't know.....

When I went through just after 6 p.m., there were several people standing around. No apparent injuries and no sign of an ambulance. The cars were both wrecked badly.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#3 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

I didn't see the accident, but I did see all of the emergency vehicles zoom by and did have to drive by as I left Winco. While the car looked badly damaged it didn't appear to be a fatality accident. I too hope and pray all are okay. Our community had a terrible fatality accident just four to six weeks ago. :(

#4 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:38 AM

driver of the gold sedan had been involved in an unrelated accident moments before at blue ravine and folsom blvd, he continued east on blue ravine and failed to stop at the red light at natoma station drive. as he crossed the intersection, he was t-boned by a woman turning south onto natoma station drive. he died. she went to the hospital with minor to major injuries. very sad. very hot time of the hottest day of the year. very stressful.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#5 jpow5

jpow5

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

sorry

#6 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:06 AM

From the Folsom Police Department:

Advisory: Fatal Traffic Collision

On July 11th at 6 p.m. the Folsom Police Department responded to a traffic collision at the intersection of Blue Ravine Road and Natoma Station Drive. When officers arrived they found a woman in a tan full size sport utility suffering from minor to moderate injuries and a man in a gold sedan who had suffered a fatal injury. Paramedics from the Folsom Fire Department pronounced the male driver deceased at the scene.

During the subsequent investigation, officers determined the 86 year old driver of the sedan had been involved in a minor traffic collision on Folsom Blvd and Blue Ravine Road. He left the scene of that collision and continued eastbound on Blue Ravine Road. As his vehicle approached the next intersection, his sedan failed to stop at the red light and struck the SUV turning from westbound Blue Ravine Road onto southbound Natoma Station Drive. It was determined the two crashes were completely unrelated to one another.

Investigators from the Major Accident Response Team are investigating whether a medical condition or another factor may have played a role in the collisions. The roadway was reopened at 10:30 pm.

For full details, view this message on the web.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#7 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:19 AM

Investigators from the Major Accident Response Team are investigating whether a medical condition or another factor may have played a role in the collisions. The roadway was reopened at 10:30 pm.

He was 86!!! Maybe he shouldn't have been driving. Especially after causing two accidents back to back.

#8 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

That is very sad. I'm glad it sounds like the woman will be okay.

#9 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

I wonder if a medical problem caused the first one and or contributed to the second accident? I am so sad to be wrong and prayed for all families involved as the experience is certainly devastating.

#10 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

He was 86!!! Maybe he shouldn't have been driving. Especially after causing two accidents back to back.

After being involved in 2 accidents- Sorry to say - that he won't be driving anymore-

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#11 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

After being involved in 2 accidents- Sorry to say - that he won't be driving anymore-

Yeah - that and he's dead now.

#12 redman

redman

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

Is it just me overreacting, or does it seem like there are entirely too many fatal vehicle accidents in the City of Folsom?

I realize the circumstances of this one are unique, but I'm shocked at the number of deaths on our roads over the last 6 months to a year, and these all happened along the routes that I drive every day.

#13 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

Is it just me overreacting, or does it seem like there are entirely too many fatal vehicle accidents in the City of Folsom?

I realize the circumstances of this one are unique, but I'm shocked at the number of deaths on our roads over the last 6 months to a year, and these all happened along the routes that I drive every day.

The way people drive in town I'm frankly shocked there aren't more serious/fatal accidents. People, STOP TEXTING AND PUT YOUR #U%{U{#OU{OIU@$OIU{#Q{ PHONES DOWN! You think you're safe because you haven't had an accident......YET! Once you do you can't take it back; there are no do-overs. There, I got that off my chest!

(I'm not saying texting/phone use was the cause in this accident, but I do expect to see the rate of accidents increase because so many drivers choose to distract themselves, placing their lives and the lives of others at risk.)
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#14 redman

redman

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

Speed seems to be a major factor in many of the accidents.

#15 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

Could one of the moderators please move this topic to General or even Open, instead of it being in Folsom Restaurants? Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users