#16 curiousity

curiousity

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (bordercolliefan @ Mar 22 2010, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Best editorial in the Bee today: a columnist points out that this bill actually contains all the provisions Republicans have been advocating for years -- it's a market-based approach and basically the same program that Mitt Romney enacted in Massachusetts. It has virtually nothing that Dems have always wanted -- e.g., a single payer or a public option.

Yet now the Republicans won't support what they spent years advocating!!

The "party of no," indeed...

and you believe the Bee?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha laugh.gif

#17 baltimore?

baltimore?

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (SmartMoney @ Mar 22 2010, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Governing against the will of the people....nice!!

The Left is destructive and dangerous. We'll get our revenge in November. Time to put Conservatives in charge...people who will listen to their constituents. It's called a Representative Republic for a reason, folks.

Sometimes I swear Liberals are children.

Sometimes I swear all conservatives are early bird dinner loving, Lincoln Town Car driving, have to be in bed and asleep by 8:00, Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune watching old fogeys. What a stupid comment you made.

The left is destructive and dangerous...The right is the one that goes around bombing everyone!
I am going to keep changing this every time someone points out a flaw or misspelled werd....

#18 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:51 AM

Just a couple of points on the bill that will apply to me and a lot of folks and their kids with more as I find out more about what the bill and amendments change.

1. I can pay for coverage of my children's health insurance to cover them until they are 26, even if not full time in school.

2. My older partner and other older friends and their like will see the Rx donut hole go away. I know a few personally and know that many more that have lost homes and personal property to pay that donut hole.

3. I can search for private health care coverage as an option and not worry about pre-existing situations as simple as taking Prozac or being in the hospital once for chest pains...
I am self employed so my options now are very limited

These are but 3 of I am sure many that will apply to many millions of Americans...

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#19 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (SmartMoney @ Mar 22 2010, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is what happens when Liberals run things. They believe that Govt is the be-all, end-all. What a joke. This country is imploding in slow-motion. Gotta love that hope & change!!

What an incredibly short-sighted view. Yep, all problems are because of one side of the white vs. blue civil war in which our country is mired.

All of our country's problems, of which there are many, are not solely the result of the actions of either the Republicans or the Democrats. We are a whole country (or at least in theory we should be). The problems are the results of AMERICANS. That's you AND me.

Our country is imploding because nobody wants any blame, they want to place the blame squarely upon the shoulders of somebody else. Nothing's going to improve, nothing's going to get better until we all begin working for the greater good of our country, not the greater good of one party.

This pisses me off. The divide gets wider everyday.

#20 Inwit

Inwit

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (baltimore? @ Mar 22 2010, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sometimes I swear all conservatives are early bird dinner loving, Lincoln Town Car driving, have to be in bed and asleep by 8:00, Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune watching old fogeys. What a stupid comment you made.

The left is destructive and dangerous...The right is the one that goes around bombing everyone!

Historically, that is so laughable.
Until the two Bushes bombed Iraq, I believe it was:

Harry Truman who bombed Japan.
Kennedy started it and Johnson greatly expanded the Vietnam War.
Clinton bombed the Serbs.

Now I ain't no Republican lover either, but let's not distort reality implying that Democrats never go around bombing other nations.

Heck, even when Bush II did it, Feinstein & Boxer both (not to mention Ms. Hillary) voted for the resolution to attack Iraq.
n. 1. Inward sense; mind; understanding; conscience.

#21 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (Inwit @ Mar 22 2010, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Historically, that is so laughable.
Until the two Bushes bombed Iraq, I believe it was:

Harry Truman who bombed Japan.
Kennedy started it and Johnson greatly expanded the Vietnam War.
Clinton bombed the Serbs.

Now I ain't no Republican lover either, but let's not distort reality implying that Democrats never go around bombing other nations.

Heck, even when Bush II did it, Feinstein & Boxer both (not to mention Ms. Hillary) voted for the resolution to attack Iraq.

Vietnam started in 1959 when Eisenhower - a Repbulican - was president.

#22 baltimore?

baltimore?

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (cw68 @ Mar 22 2010, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for beating me to that one...Not to mention, I think Japan during WW2 was a slightly different situation than Iraq.
I am going to keep changing this every time someone points out a flaw or misspelled werd....

#23 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (cw68 @ Mar 22 2010, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, the Vietnam fight has been going on for a couple of thousand years... Then recently the Japanese took over in 1941, the French in 1950 or so, then in 1965 we really started pouring the troops in..... Sure, we were there in around 1957 as I recall, just special forces-adviser stuff. The real war for us (US) started in 1965. Kennedy was not really fond of sending in more troops but once he was killed off Johnson really wanted to go to war...! And if you have ever read anything about Eisenhower he was very anti military industrial complex and was loathe to get involved in any war activity. He knew it, lived it, and was no war monger by any means. I wish those of you on the left would actually read more history books so I would not have to correct you all the time. Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#24 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:54 AM

And we (nor Clinton) didn't bomb the effing serbs....

We stood in the middle of a town and told them to stop bombing their own effing people....

Funny how you don't remember that!!!!

Guess genocide was ok---uh, let's see how many of those wars mentioned, we got involved in, after Genocide was cited as the number 1 death rate attributed to those wars (instead of soldiers dying it was their kids-if you don't know what Genocide means)

Hmmmmm--WW2 (we entered only after Pearl Harbor was attacked--remember that?), NAM, Grenada,Haiti, Panama, IRAQ,

Actually, come to think of it---in the last 50 years, the only wars I can think of that we as Americanos have actively entered our forces into the fray ---were: due to americans being attacked or killed (monroe doctine-walk softly carry big stick, preceedence was set and we do a very good job of enforcing that in the name of protecting our citizens) or---when it has become very apparent that a government has fallen completely out of grace and their citizens are completely at risk or we are chasing down a terrorist.

Here's another interesting factoid---everyone of those terrorist folks out there--used to be our buddies. And they were made into our buddies during a certain time in american history when a certain president saw it as advantageous to have persons of not so great of moral values as a "friend" to american interests.

Hmmmm--you figure the rest out.

and if I wanna die of a disease, that's my perogative. but what really sucks is that the only person who wins in this health bill--are the fricking ambulance chasers, and pharmaceutical companies, and the CEO's of the hospitals.

From there it trickles down to wealth vs. health--not much status quo change

if you were on medicare--the name will just change.

expect admin fee increases and operating fee increases (not to be confused with operating room fee increases which I am sure will soon happen even if the hospital really doesn't need to (what the hell, why not? Put a slightly stronger lightbulb in there and claim a $333 million dollar renovation of operating rooms has caused your increase of costs, you .....the little guy.)

#25 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (Chris @ Mar 22 2010, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, the Vietnam fight has been going on for a couple of thousand years... Then recently the Japanese took over in 1941, the French in 1950 or so, then in 1965 we really started pouring the troops in..... Sure, we were there in around 1957 as I recall, just special forces-adviser stuff. The real war for us (US) started in 1965. Kennedy was not really fond of sending in more troops but once he was killed off Johnson really wanted to go to war...! And if you have ever read anything about Eisenhower he was very anti military industrial complex and was loathe to get involved in any war activity. He knew it, lived it, and was no war monger by any means. I wish those of you on the left would actually read more history books so I would not have to correct you all the time. Chris

Again with the blaming of the left. Incredible.

I've read lots of history and quite a bit on the Vietnam war. You don't have any right or reason to tell me jack s---. Back off with your blatant desire to cast the "left" as the root of all evil and ignorance.

#26 SmartMoney

SmartMoney

All Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:15 PM

Social Security...invented by Liberals...going bankrupt. Medicaid..a Liberal program...going bankrupt. "Health Care" passed by Obama's puppets with no support by Repubs...

See a trend here ??

Love that Hopey-Changey thang!! laugh.gif
I speak truth. Don't ignore reality, folks.

#27 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (Inwit @ Mar 22 2010, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Under knowingly ( learned later ) false information presented by bushco.

So what the f does this have to do with the OP ??

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#28 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (SmartMoney @ Mar 22 2010, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Social Security...invented by Liberals...going bankrupt. Medicaid..a Liberal program...going bankrupt. "Health Care" passed by Obama's puppets with no support by Repubs...

See a trend here ??

Love that Hopey-Changey thang!! laugh.gif

So tell me ( any of you ) what provisions of the HCB that you explicitly disagree with and which do you embrace ? Me thinks the whole right/ republican stance is NO just for the sake of NO.

I have listed a few that will benefit my family and friends - can you as well ? or are 100% of the changes out on your radar...

-Margaret Mead-

#29 SmartMoney

SmartMoney

All Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:48 PM

Oh Lord. I am constantly amazed at the idea that you Dems have that Govt is the be-all, end-all of our society. The Govt does everything so well and efficiently, right!! Don't you think they've screwed-up enough stuff already?? Geeeeeeeeezz...... wacko.gif

Gimmee a break...All this HCB is gonna do is speed-up the collapse of this country. Are you ready for that??

I speak truth. Don't ignore reality, folks.

#30 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (SmartMoney @ Mar 22 2010, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh Lord. I am constantly amazed at the idea that you Dems have that Govt is the be-all, end-all of our society. The Govt does everything so well and efficiently, right!! Don't you think they've screwed-up enough stuff already?? Geeeeeeeeezz...... wacko.gif

Gimmee a break...All this HCB is gonna do is speed-up the collapse of this country. Are you ready for that??

I love it =- yet a another predictable response - with NOTHING of substance to say despite an explicit response to the same sender in a previous post to elicit his or other specific details of what specifically they dislike about the bill....

I guess over the years of asking questions of those on the right, I should expect this.....

YOU - sound like so many in congress that cannot speak to the issue and only attack the others.

What say you to that ?

-Margaret Mead-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users