157 replies to this topic

#31 UncleVinny

UncleVinny

"Can't we all just get along?"

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

Just wait until 2014 and watch your taxes go nuts....

Chris

Ugh! Always the money worshiping.

Even the stingiest right wing conservative would empty his wallet to save the life
of his mother or brother.

The only difference spiritually between that fiscal worry-wort and a true liberal
is who he considers "brother."

There's more to life than money; there are spiritual and ethical values.
Would you let a dog bleed to death on the street or stop to save his life?
And how much more valuable is a man than a dog?

:wacko:
"In this world of trouble and strife, bring some peace to someone's life"

#32 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

By requiring insurance, the freeloaders will have to pay their fair share.

How are the freeloaders going to pay their fair share if they don't have any income? What is 1% of nothing?

NOW, they will get FREE health insurance and have more of an incentive to continue being freeloaders!

#33 UncleVinny

UncleVinny

• Premium Member
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

The taxpayers benefit because NOW they are ALREADY paying for the freeloaders,
and at the ER facilities, which are WAY more expensive than the standard
insurance system provides. Besides, there are fines for non-payment and folks
who don't get insurance.

How many people have zero income? Very few.

Besides, as I said above, we all benefit from healthy citizens.

Meanwhile, preventive care is a big part of the Obama plan.
Teaching people about diets and how to control their diabetes
again benefits all of us, and ultimately lowers medical costs.

#34 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

who don't get insurance.

Education is already out there for free, on how to stay healthy, WE don’t need Obama care to have that. But the ignorant won't listen and the arrogant say it's no bodies business what they eat or do. So that little diddy hits the mud!

Excuse me? The homeless man who had his face chewed off was treated with all the medical care any other person with insurance would be. But he will never have to pay a cent, because after he is healed, he will have no address to send a bill to.

Just how are illegal aliens going to have to pay for treatment when they have no address to send a bill to? Or, for that matter, any citizen that is now on Welfare or living on the street, as I pointed out above?

Health care benefits has always been the carrot that has made people get educated and get the job that offers them. Just what incentive does one have now, that they won’t have to make more money or get educated to get a job with benefits?

Now that Big Daddy Government has agreed to pay for our every need, we will have many say, why bother to get more educated and work harder? We will be taken care of, pass the smokes and give me another beer!

Don’t try to paint this as a humanitarian law and say that now people will get health care when they didn’t before. A man in my family had no insurance, but when he had a stroke two years ago, he had the best of care and was in the hospital for months, getting re-re-habilitation therapy, just as if he had insurance.

HE got care! Everything anyone one of us with insurance would have gotten. So that little ploy won’t fly.

Obama care will offer much more than those with no insurance have now, and it will cost us all a lot more money. Further, I doubt the education that comes with Obama Care will be heard or followed. :fineprint:

#35 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

The i

Education is already out there for free, on how to stay healthy, WE don’t need Obama care to have that. But the ignorant won't listen and the arrogant say it's no bodies business what they eat or do. So that little diddy hits the mud!

Excuse me? The homeless man who had his face chewed off was treated with all the medical care any other person with insurance would be. But he will never have to pay a cent, because after he is healed, he will have no address to send a bill to.

Just how are illegal aliens going to have to pay for treatment when they have no address to send a bill to? Or, for that matter, any citizen that is now on Welfare or living on the street, as I pointed out above?

Health care benefits has always been the carrot that has made people get educated and get the job that offers them. Just what incentive does one have now, that they won’t have to make more money or get educated to get a job with benefits?

Now that Big Daddy Government has agreed to pay for our every need, we will have many say, why bother to get more educated and work harder? We will be taken care of, pass the smokes and give me another beer!

Don’t try to paint this as a humanitarian law and say that now people will get health care when they didn’t before. A man in my family had no insurance, but when he had a stroke two years ago, he had the best of care and was in the hospital for months, getting re-re-habilitation therapy, just as if he had insurance.

HE got care! Everything anyone one of us with insurance would have gotten. So that little ploy won’t fly.

Obama care will offer much more than those with no insurance have now, and it will cost us all a lot more money. Further, I doubt the education that comes with Obama Care will be heard or followed. :fineprint:

The insurance is FOR THE WORKING people who can't get coverage. POOR people will always have a safety net, but it's the working lower middle class that are shiz out of luck and YES it is humanitarian.
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#36 UncleVinny

UncleVinny

• Premium Member
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

Two thirds of people in Massachusetts opposed RomneyCare when it came out.
Now the polls show 62% in favor and 33% opposed.

Fanatics opposed stem cell research. Now it's curing things like leukemia
and certain kinds of cancers.

Talk about the ignorant not knowing what is good for them!

Sarah Palin commented that this Supreme Court ruling would galvanize the
opposition. Imagine that: Rallying to deny people life-saving health benefits!
Wow, what an ethical maverick! (clue, sarcasm).
Who would want to "rally" for that?

And then we have the Evangalicals! :wacko:
Fine. Vote to deny needy people medical care, but don't claim
Jesus smiles on that. Go back and read about the Good Samaritan,
the "love your neighbor" part, and the quote; "As ye have treated
the least of these my brothers, you have treated me."
Yes, I do believe universal health care has the high moral ground.

#37 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

The i
The insurance is FOR THE WORKING people who can't get coverage. POOR people will always have a safety net, but it's the working lower middle class that are shiz out of luck and YES it is humanitarian.

Then why not introduce a health care plan for those working poor and make it affordable so they can get their own insurance?....a national system just for those people?

Why not outlaw the ability of health insurance companies to exclude those with pre-existing health conditions?

Why not out law this BS about a person not being able to buy health care insurance across state lines?

It’s insane to think that Obama’s plan will work! In case you didn’t hear...Now SCOTUS has called foul on the mandate, because it IS unconstitutional. They’ve thrown out the “Fine” and now it’s called a “Tax”! WTF!!!!

I thought Obama said there would be no new taxes on those making less than $250,000.00 a year.
How will these taxes for Obama Care be collected? Increased income tax????

And some of you think Obama has won on this?????

I don’t think soooo.... :noyoudint:

This is far from over.

#38 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

Two thirds of people in Massachusetts opposed RomneyCare when it came out.
Now the polls show 62% in favor and 33% opposed.

Fanatics opposed stem cell research. Now it's curing things like leukemia
and certain kinds of cancers.

Talk about the ignorant not knowing what is good for them!

Sarah Palin commented that this Supreme Court ruling would galvanize the
opposition. Imagine that: Rallying to deny people life-saving health benefits!
Wow, what an ethical maverick! (clue, sarcasm).
Who would want to "rally" for that?

And then we have the Evangalicals! :wacko:
Fine. Vote to deny needy people medical care, but don't claim
Jesus smiles on that. Go back and read about the Good Samaritan,
the "love your neighbor" part, and the quote; "As ye have treated
the least of these my brothers, you have treated me."
Yes, I do believe universal health care has the high moral ground.

Oh geeeez!

Now you are going to quote the Bible to us? Really?

Well, I have a question for you. Why don’t these big churches, with all their big church power, get together and help the working poor in providing a church funded health care system? (They can sure pass around the offering plate, but when it comes to actually helping people, they seem to be at a loss.)

Wouldn’t THAT be a really Christian thing to do???? Humanitarian too!!!

I guess they are too busy talking to the Lord....and quoting Bible passages.

#39 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

And how much more valuable is a man than a dog?

:wacko:

Well...If his name is Bodie, then I would say $20,000+ and rising. But that is all cash.

I know it is an entirely different subject but, why wasnt he insured if he is on the job? Why were donations necesarry to save his life and help in the recuperation process? Is he really regarded as a cop?

Oh geeeez!

Now you are going to quote the Bible to us? Really?

Well, I have a question for you. Why don't these big churches, with all their big church power, get together and help the working poor in providing a church funded health care system? (They can sure pass around the offering plate, but when it comes to actually helping people, they seem to be at a loss.)

Wouldn't THAT be a really Christian thing to do???? Humanitarian too!!!

I guess they are too busy talking to the Lord....and quoting Bible passages.

It saddens me when I see or hear posts like this.

#40 UncleVinny

UncleVinny

• Premium Member
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

Actually I should apologize to Maxine, since that is a bit unfair and over the top.
I cannot really see into the hearts or minds of people to know what they are thinking,
or to judge their sincerity.

It saddens me too so see some of these things, though.
YES, churches SHOULD be helping the unfortunate.
But good people can legitimately ask their government to work on behalf
of their religious beliefs too.
Why pay subsidies to huge oil companies and not poor folks who need medical attention?
I just fear all the taxes going to the super-wealthy who have influence with the
legislative branch, while the disenfranchised get nothing.

Hey, maybe I'll run for City Council!
;)

#41 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

who don't get insurance.

Its been stated that 47% of the people pay NO Income Tax. I'll ask again, what is 1% of nothing?

Answer this, what group, ( the 47% not paying income tax or the 53% paying income tax) has more people in it, Uninsured? I'm guessing its the people who don't have an income. What group do you think is more healthy...probably the 53% who have health insurance.

What is going to happen to the overall system when you add a greater % of people who are unhealthier to it, costs WON'T go down, they will go up!

Did you see where the CBO revised its projections on how much this plan is going to cost in the first 10 years?

If the School dropout rate is at or near all time high numbers, what in the world gives you any idea that somehow more people are going to be receptive to learning about about diets and other health related issues and make changes? People AREN'T following their doctors advice NOW, so what in the world makes you think they are going to change under Obamacare?

Do you honestly think people are going to STOP using the emergency room for basic care, under Obamacare?

We all know that as soon as the Government starts giving out benefits for a program, that there will be a certain % of people who will try and game the system to get those benefits.

IMO, the basic problem with Obamcare is that its a plan drawn up by idealouges, that think their theory will work, when reality, in the real world it DOESN'T work!

As I stated before, I believe everyone should have access to basic healthcare and somehow/someway everyone should be contributing to this basic plan. If one can afford to buy junk food, cable TV, have cell phones, smoke and drink, they can contribute to a healthcare plan! Under this plan Healthcare would be rationed.

If one wants an upgraded plan, then they can go out and buy that upgrade through the private sector.

Any program has to have an incentive in it for people to be productive, rather than encouraging people to be creative to be unproductive!

#42 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

The Sac Bee had some nice statistics on Romneycare this morning.

Less than 2% of Massachusetts residents are uninsured -- the lowest in the nation.

Unpaid for emergency room visits have been cut in half.

2/3 of Massachusetts residents report being happy with the scheme.

Let's hope Obamacare does as well!!

#43 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

The only way we are ever going to get a hold of decent healthcare that is accessible to all citizens is to form monopolization and fraud bureaus in each major healthcare provider and ensure that costs cannot rise exponentially just because they want the price to be that high. With the globalization of communications, marketing, and manufacturing there is absolutely no reason why an insured patient pays $15 for a needle stick and an uninsured pays $300. They jack those prices up because they their contracts are percentages with insurance plans. The problem is that it leaves uninsured or under insured with no choice but to pay that full amount. The insurance companies are raping America. Fleecing the corporations. It is just another reason to hire workers outside the United States.

We have to rein in the Insurance and pharmaceutical corporations. They are destroying the economy just as well as oil and manufacturing companies are. Oh, and let me add the big 5 in phone, cable, and internet companies--as well.

#44 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

Here is some more information on the Massachusetts plan to consider;

"While Massachusetts’ law has expanded coverage, it has not helped the state control health care costs. The governor’s office projects health spending will eat up 41 percent of the state’s budget by next year (in 2006, that number stood at 29 percent)."

Before the plan was adopted 90& of the states residents were all ready insured.

The penalty ( tax) for NOT purchasing health insurance is SUBSTANTIALLY higher in MASS, than under Obamacare.

Even though 98& of all its citizens are covered, the amount of unpaid ER vists is still 50% what it was before the plan, even though only 2% of its citizens are uninsured.

Can anyone out there who is supportive of the Massachusetts plan explain how are we as a country going to survive if 41 percent of our Federal Budget is going to go to pay for Obamacare, like it does in Massachusetts?

ANYONE?

#45 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

Here is some more information on the Massachusetts plan to consider;

"While Massachusetts' law has expanded coverage, it has not helped the state control health care costs. The governor's office projects health spending will eat up 41 percent of the state's budget by next year (in 2006, that number stood at 29 percent)."

Before the plan was adopted 90& of the states residents were all ready insured.

The penalty ( tax) for NOT purchasing health insurance is SUBSTANTIALLY higher in MASS, than under Obamacare.

Even though 98& of all its citizens are covered, the amount of unpaid ER vists is still 50% what it was before the plan, even though only 2% of its citizens are uninsured.

Can anyone out there who is supportive of the Massachusetts plan explain how are we as a country going to survive if 41 percent of our Federal Budget is going to go to pay for Obamacare, like it does in Massachusetts?

ANYONE?

This proggram is doomed to cause bankruptcy. Much like the Bullett train proposition. This is not sustainable. It is going to force us to sink an enormous amount of money into it, just as to get it started. I think whoever drafted this plan is someone who wants to see California become the first state in the union to claim bankruptcy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users