UncleVinny

"Can't we all just get along?"

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

Voter impersonation crime is rare, study finds

Study

A new nationwide analysis of more than 2,000 cases of alleged election fraud over the past dozen years shows that in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which has prompted 37 state legislatures to enact or consider tougher voter ID laws, was virtually nonexistent.

The analysis of 2,068 reported fraud cases by News21, a Carnegie-Knight investigative reporting project, found 10 cases of alleged in-person voter impersonation since 2000.

With 146 million registered voters in the United States, those represent about one for every 15 million prospective voters.

Let me guess . . .
Could this manufactured controversy be simply another KKKarl Rove type trick
to throw the elections? Disenfranchise thousands of Democrats?

:teepee:
We report; you decide.
"In this world of trouble and strife, bring some peace to someone's life"

#2 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

Your "study" was written by a bunch of ASU students. Hardly the arbiters of a comprehensive view of the subject. They also say that 46% of the election fraud cases result in acquittals...which would mean that 54% do not. How they only get a total of ten legitimate cases out of 2068 defies mathematics.
Try again...
Voter ID is a good idea. Make the IDs free. If one cannot muster up the effort to get an ID, they don't deserve to vote.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#3 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

Good Grief! Why is it soooo bad to ask for ID of a person who is about to vote?

The way this idea has been demonized, is beyond me!

If under aged people try to sneak into bars and drink and asking for an ID is not bad in that instance, why on earth would it be bad for the purpose of voting???

I just don’t get it!!! Is it feared that so many will get caught voting illegally, that the liberal base will be effected????

That's how it's sounding to me!

Geeeeez!!!!

#4 25or6to4

25or6to4

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Voter impersonation crime is rare, study finds

Study

A new nationwide analysis of more than 2,000 cases of alleged election fraud over the past dozen years shows that in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which has prompted 37 state legislatures to enact or consider tougher voter ID laws, was virtually nonexistent.

The analysis of 2,068 reported fraud cases by News21, a Carnegie-Knight investigative reporting project, found 10 cases of alleged in-person voter impersonation since 2000.

With 146 million registered voters in the United States, those represent about one for every 15 million prospective voters.

Let me guess . . .
Could this manufactured controversy be simply another KKKarl Rove type trick
to throw the elections? Disenfranchise thousands of Democrats?

:teepee:
We report; you decide.

did they leave Chicago out of the study, or what?
"And the Wind cries Mary"

#5 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

did they leave Chicago out of the study, or what?

No, that the dead haven't testified yet!

#6 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Oh TioVinny...... You're in your little fantasy world once again...! A little research shows lots of it out there. Labor unions, Acorn, and leftist community voter registration organizations are the worst offenders from what I can see. Some Republicans do it too but the articles run like 25 to 1 in favor of the libs and dems.....! Another element of our political societal wars you guys are winning at, voter fraud...! Voting is too precious of a right for "We the People" not to protect....! No valid ID, no vote, simple as that...! Chris

http://online.wsj.co...0646102435.html

http://www.judicialw...-investigation/

http://dailycaller.c...-new-documents/

http://www.foxnews.c...tration-scheme/

http://www.rottenaco...ctivityMap.html

http://nation.foxnew...fraud-wisconsin

http://unionwatch.or...ed-voter-fraud/

http://www.punditpre...explode-in.html

http://dailycaller.c...er-fraud-video/

http://conservatives...or-voter-fraud/

...and it goes on, and on, and on, and on...........

1A - 2A = -1A

#7 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

Good Grief! Why is it soooo bad to ask for ID of a person who is about to vote?

The way this idea has been demonized, is beyond me!

If under aged people try to sneak into bars and drink and asking for an ID is not bad in that instance, why on earth would it be bad for the purpose of voting???

I just don’t get it!!! Is it feared that so many will get caught voting illegally, that the liberal base will be effected????

That's how it's sounding to me!

Geeeeez!!!!

It does boggle the mind, it seems so simple to understand. If you want to vote, you must show ID, if you're too lazy to get an ID you don't deserve to vote. Sooooo simple!

#8 UncleVinny

UncleVinny

• Premium Member
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:11 AM

A little research shows lots of it out there.

Nice work on the research Chris, but totally irrelevant.
The right wing articles you cite are for payment for registration,
double enrollments, and things like signing in as "Clark Kent."
:football:
The ACTUAL NUMBER OF FRAUDULENT VOTES is, like they said about 1 in 15 million.
They label it "in-person" fraud, as opposed to on-paper deception.
Hardly enough to sway any election, 'cept maybe for local dog catcher.

On the other hand, even states with purging of voter rolls and ID requirements
still allow people who show up to vote using a "provisional ballot."
The ACTUAL NUMBER of people who are denied a vote when they should be allowed to
is again in the neighborhood of 1 in 15 million.

CONCLUSION: The whole "issue" is a manufactured controversy, a wedge issue
designed only to inflame tempers. Like I said: A non-issue.

That being the case you can probably see how the public is being
manipulated. They make it "righteous" to be angry at our fellow
citizens. Who wins then? No one. Stupidity and hatred prevail, not facts.

:soapbox:

#9 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

Nice work on the research Chris, but totally irrelevant.
The right wing articles you cite are for payment for registration,
double enrollments, and things like signing in as "Clark Kent."

Wow, we must have different internet connections because it's pretty evident that it is a big problem and the democrats greatly benefit from this illegal behavior. Just open your eyes and remember our history, Kennedy, Chicago, Bush vs Gore in Florida, dems deciding "chads" intent, etc... And it's been going on for hundreds of years. And "right wing" sources...? Did it ever occur to you that since most news organizations skew far to the left politically that they don't report on this stuff at all or sugar coat it if they do...? Go ahead, be blind to this reality but anyone searching through all of the articles out there, left and right wing biased, can see an ugly trend. Tell me you have never heard of labor unions rounding up people from outside voting districts and even from other states and bussing them into the polls....? It happened in Wisconsin this last recall election and it happens in every election. Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#10 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

I’m afraid that uncle vinny is going to do a “thumbs down” on anything that is NOT Democratic or liberal.

Bias much uncle vinny?

Like I said before, anyone having an objection to having to show their ID before voting is probably worried there will be a loss in illegal voters and that their party suffer because of it.

Seems pretty clear to me! Other than that, why the big whine and objection????

#11 UncleVinny

UncleVinny

• Premium Member
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

Let me guess . . . you've never been black, harassed, or discriminated against. <_<

#12 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

Let me guess . . . you've never been black, harassed, or discriminated against. <_<

I'm white and I've been discriminated against, been heavily harassed and have had my life threatened with the words "Hey honky give us your money or we're gong to kill you"! (that was in SF). Try stepping outside of the bubble and visit East L.A. sometime! There are a lot of places where whites are the minority and treated badly, but we don't make it our life's mission to b*tch and whine about it 24/7 and demand handouts to make up for it.

#13 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

I'm white and I've been discriminated against, been heavily harassed and have had my life threatened with the words "Hey honky give us your money or we're gong to kill you"! (that was in SF). Try stepping outside of the bubble and visit East L.A. sometime! There are a lot of places where whites are the minority and treated badly, but we don't make it our life's mission to b*tch and whine about it 24/7 and demand handouts to make up for it.

Dude, you're white like me so you can't say that and can't be on the receiving end of racism...! You only deal it out...! Didn't you read the memo, it's not for you, you don't qualify...! All kidding aside, sounds like you and I have the same roots, had the same problems, not being allowed to sit down on Muni busses by black punks, chased and ripped off by them, had my car broken into by them, told not to park in certain places by them, knives pulled on me several times by mexican bangers between 16th-24th and Mission.... (they ran away by the way when I set up to fight them sans weapon).... Sounds like old Tiovinny has had a pretty safe life in the bubble....! You gotta get out more Vinny....! Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#14 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

I'll chime in as well. As a kid, I was one of two "anglos" in my class. I lived on Normandie Avenue in Gardena a few streets over from Compton (yes, that Compton). Yes, I know all about being on the receiving end. Interesting side-note, my school had no grass. All asphalt with painted lines...concrete jungle indeed!

Al Franken won by 312 votes. It was later found that 1099 felons voted. 177 have been convicted of voter fraud, and more are awaiting trial. Some evidence suggest felons tend to vote democratic. There is a good likelyhood that Al Franken won by voter fraud. No Al Franken, Obamacare doesn't pass.

Still, I go by the slogan, they can't cheat if it's not close. The fact that many Minn. voters selected Franken reflects poorly on them.

"When voters are disenfranchised by the counting of improperly cast ballots or outright fraud, their civil rights are violated just as surely as if they were prevented from voting. The integrity of the ballot box is just as important to the credibility of elections as access to it."

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#15 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

Rev. Jesse Jackson and Jesse Jr....... The "Jr." apple did not fall far from the tree at all...!

Documents and a whistle-blower affidavit obtained by The Daily Caller charge that House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, Illinois Democratic Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., and Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr., participated in an unethical — and possibly illegal — effort to force 76 employees of an Illinois state agency to engage in political activity on the taxpayers’ dime.
According to the whistle-blower, Rev. Jackson also encouraged the government employees to load first-generation and low-income college students up with student loan debt — because Democrats in Congress, he allegedly promised, would eventually pass laws to forgive that debt later. “[T]hose people will continue to vote Democratic,” Jackson Sr. said, according to the whistle-blower.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/14/whistle-blower-documents-ill-state-workers-forced-to-attend-pelosi-jesse-jackson-jr-event-on-taxpayer-dime/

Straight from the horses mouth Tiovinny..... Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users