• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#181 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

That is a very real example of why guns should be limited to 10 rounds. If that piece of s--- drug dealer had more rounds there would be several dead police officers in that video.

Ummmm, okay. That wasn't the point.

But okay, oh yea. That's right. It's a good thing that DRUG DEALERS always obey the law.  :headbang:

Is it really that difficult to understand -- criminals don't care about laws!!! Geez. Ummm, Drug dealer, Check. Shooting at cops. Check. And you really think that they are going to care about some 10 round magazine limit? Seriously? 

#182 Judge Smails

Judge Smails

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Ummmm, okay. That wasn't the point.

But okay, oh yea. That's right. It's a good thing that DRUG DEALERS always obey the law.  :headbang:

Is it really that difficult to understand -- criminals don't care about laws!!! Geez. Ummm, Drug dealer, Check. Shooting at cops. Check. And you really think that they are going to care about some 10 round magazine limit? Seriously?

How is your assertion that law abiding citizens should be allowed to carry standard magazines related to the video?

#183 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

What is a "standard" magazine? For a .45 that could be 7..or 8...or more depending on gun. For a 9mm, that could be 8, 15, 17, or 20 rounds. For .223, common magazines are 20 or 30 round, but they can be as little as 5 and as many as 120. So what is "standard?"

A law abiding citizen should be able to use ANY size magazine. I personally would never buy a drum magazine because I prefer reliability. Actually, I would get a drum if I ever bought a Thompson, but it would only be for show. And something like that would be just for fun, not defense anyway, so reliability isn't a priority.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#184 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

What is a "standard" magazine? For a .45 that could be 7..or 8...or more depending on gun. For a 9mm, that could be 8, 15, 17, or 20 rounds. For .223, common magazines are 20 or 30 round, but they can be as little as 5 and as many as 120. So what is "standard?"

A law abiding citizen should be able to use ANY size magazine. I personally would never buy a drum magazine because I prefer reliability. Actually, I would get a drum if I ever bought a Thompson, but it would only be for show. And something like that would be just for fun, not defense anyway, so reliability isn't a priority.

Yes. A law abiding citizen should be able to possess anything intended to be protected by the SA. Anti-gun laws are not used to protect the people but rather the government.

If you want to discourage gun violence, make the penalties of using guns in the commission of a crime so harsh that criminals will think twice about using one. Rob a bank -- 10 years. Rob a bank with a gun -- 30 years. Rob a bank with a gun and kill someone -- death penalty. Home invasion -- 20 years. Home invasion with a gun -- 50 years. Rape -- 30 years. Rape with a gun - death penalty. Or course, this will have the unintended consequence of a rise in violent crimes using other weapons (ie - knife). But the point is -- penalize the people who are actually COMMITTING crimes, not law abiding citizens.

But no, people like to feel good about doing something, rather than punish people. Make it against the law to rob banks. Make it against the law to rape. Make it against the law to traffic drugs. Make it against the law to DUI. Make it against the law for the IRS to target select entities. Oh wait, these are against the law already? Gee, why is this stuff still happening then? Don't know, but let's restrict the rights of law abiding citizens and feel good that we've done something. When it doesn't work, let's keep removing rights until the USA is the People's Republic of Chimerica. Then all will be well.

#185 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

How is your assertion that law abiding citizens should be allowed to carry standard magazines related to the video?

Why are you equating gun laws to drug dealers and then regulating law abiding citizens? Are you stating that all law abiding citizens are drug dealers when gun laws are not stringent enough to control human behavior?

#186 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

That is a very real example of why guns should be limited to 10 rounds. If that piece of s--- drug dealer had more rounds there would be several dead police officers in that video.

Your statement shows your complete ignorance and inexperience on the subject.   Magazine capacity means almost nothing.   What matters is skill and the speed of dropping your mag, getting a new one in place, and chambering a round.  Look up some IDPA shooting on Youtube and you will see what I mean.  I'd rather have 18 ten round mags on a load carrying vest than 3 sixty round mags stuck in my belt.  Large capacity magazines make the weapon heavy and unwieldy and make it more difficult for one to conceal oneself behind cover.  Ever go to the range and try to shoot an AK-47 (AKM) from the bench with a 30 round clip....?   No, I bet you have not.  When I do I use my 5 and 10 round mags and just replace them quickly as needed.  I do have 30 rounders and they are fine using them "off hand".   Banning magazines greater than 10 rounds is a naive effort by the uninformed to fix a problem that only exists in their inexperienced and unknowing minds.   And no, you still can't have my 15, 20, and 30 round magazines (all pre CA ban of course) just because it will make you feel better, not going to happen....!  Ever...!  Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#187 Judge Smails

Judge Smails

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

NFSW. NOT FOR KIDS. GRAPHIC AND REAL VIOLENCE

This is a very real example of why law abiding people should be allowed to carry standard capacity magazines and not be limited to 10 rounds or any magazine capacity limits.

Despite what you see on TV, handgun and gunfights are not usually ended with a single shot. Note how an officer is shot multiple times even after the perp was hit.

http://www.miamihera...otout-that.html

I'm still confused. Who in this video would you like to have had more "capacity"?

Your statement shows your complete ignorance and inexperience on the subject.   Magazine capacity means almost nothing.   What matters is skill and the speed of dropping your mag, getting a new one in place, and chambering a round.  Look up some IDPA shooting on Youtube and you will see what I mean.  I'd rather have 18 ten round mags on a load carrying vest than 3 sixty round mags stuck in my belt.  Large capacity magazines make the weapon heavy and unwieldy and make it more difficult for one to conceal oneself behind cover.  Ever go to the range and try to shoot an AK-47 (AKM) from the bench with a 30 round clip....?   No, I bet you have not.  When I do I use my 5 and 10 round mags and just replace them quickly as needed.  I do have 30 rounders and they are fine using them "off hand".   Banning magazines greater than 10 rounds is a naive effort by the uninformed to fix a problem that only exists in their inexperienced and unknowing minds.   And no, you still can't have my 15, 20, and 30 round magazines (all pre CA ban of course) just because it will make you feel better, not going to happen....!  Ever...!  Chris

Thanks for the condescending tutorial?

#188 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

Thanks for the condescending tutorial?

I will treat you exactly as you treat others.  

Take a gun safety training course at a local range with some actual shooting of hand guns and long guns involved and then maybe you might be able to comment intelligently on this subject.  

Until then...........   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#189 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

Horrible situation that ex-Sheriff of Sac was warning us about awhile back with all the LEO budget cuts -- this one happened in OR but could happen anywhere. It's only a question of where/when.

Folks, be safe and take responsibility for your own safety. Don't rely on LEO, spitting and whistles like our "esteemed" Senators and Representatives suggest. Obviously, what they suggest may not work out well.

http://seattle.cbslo...to-budget-cuts/

911 Dispatcher Tells Woman About To Be Sexually Assaulted There Are No Cops To Help Her Due To Budget Cuts
May 23, 2013 11:05 AM

JOSEPHINE COUNTY, Ore. (CBS Seattle) — An Oregon woman was told by a 911 dispatcher that authorities wouldn’t be able be able to help her as her ex-boyfriend broke into her place because of budget cuts.

Oregon Public Radio reports that an unidentified woman called 911 during a weekend in August 2012 while Michael Bellah was breaking into her place. Her call was forwarded to Oregon State Police because of lay-offs at the Josephine County Sheriff’s Office only allows the department to be open Monday through Friday.

“Uh, I don’t have anybody to send out there,” the 911 dispatcher told the woman. “You know, obviously, if he comes inside the residence and assaults you, can you ask him to go away? Do you know if he’s intoxicated or anything?”

Police say Bellah choked the woman and sexually assaulted her. He was arrested by Oregon State Police following the incident.

Bellah pleaded guilty to kidnapping, sex abuse and assault.

#190 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

If you've been following Emily Miller's (Washington Times) articles, then you might enjoy her book on her experiences with government control.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/1621571920/

" .... Emily Miller tells her personal story of how being a single, female victim of a home invasion drove her to try to obtain a legally registered gun in Washington, D.C. The narrative—sometimes shocking, other times hilarious in its absurdity—gives the reader a real life understanding of how gun-control laws only make it more difficult for honest, law-abiding people to get guns, while violent crime continues to rise. ...."

#191 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

Wow, very surprised to see this posted on CNN of all places: http://www.cnn.com/2...ail/?hpt=us_mid

Gun control is not the answer
By LZ Granderson, CNN Contributor
updated 7:36 AM EDT, Wed September 18, 2013

And it will keep continue to happen until the advocates accept that ridding the country of guns is a hopeless -- and unconstitutional mission -- and that the real goal should be addressing the factors that lead to the various forms of gun violence: factors such as poverty, mental health and failing schools.

There is no one enemy.

Thus there is no one solution.
Because like it or not, the folks spraying our cities with bullets are not NRA members or legal gun owners. And despite the tendency to tie it all together, they have nothing to do with the Adam Lanzas of the world.
And it's too early to know how Alexis fits in the conversation.
According to a count by USA Today, more than 900 people have been killed in mass shootings since 2006. The thousands of other victims of gun violence over the past seven years died from many different circumstances, requiring different conversations.
This is why gun-control advocates need to abandon the routine of using mass shootings to turn law-abiding citizens into social pariahs and instead focus on something that could work.

#192 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Wow, hard to believe it's from CNN but maybe they are waking up over there.........?   Not me doing this, not me, the NRA.............   Just punks and thieves.......    I just can't help to think if 13 dead in DC last week would have been so if the Marines guarding the place were issued ammo.   Seems like they are not allowed... ?  What good are guns in the right hands if they are not allowed ammo.......?   This is what happens when you have liberals making the rules who have never shot a weapon, been around them, been in the military........  They don't have a clue.   Chris

Disturbing! Marines Had Weapons, But No Ammo During Navy Yard Shooting 

http://www.thegatewa...shooting-video/

1A - 2A = -1A

#193 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

The irony: KRON has been very vocal with their biased anti-gun position. And yet, they send armed guards with their reporters? Hypocritical much?

http://www.reuters.c...E98S01D20130929

"...  KRON 4 sends security guards with reporters on assignments in high-crime areas after other recent incidents of Bay Area journalists being robbed, said a KRON newsroom employee familiar with the policy but who did not want to be identified.

...  "

Typical -- the government and the media can be armed to protect themselves. But not citizens. 

#194 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

So sad........    As a non felon for some 50+ years now I must jump through hoops to buy ammo to support my hobby.......  If I want a CCW then that is a year wait and $350 at least.........  And for every gun I want to carry I must have a serial number and pass the test with that gun, only that gun.........? 

1A - 2A = -1A

#195 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

Real, reasoned, responsible. Unfortunately, our populace has demonstrated it is largely not capable of rational thought.

Common sense for the common people: 

Obama and the current democratic administration -- demonstrating exactly what the Constitution was written to prevent:

http://www.realclear...d_to_avoid.html

http://www.c-spanvid...rogram/316596-1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users