• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

This is a very interesting article....

The Air Force's 'rods from god' could hit with the force a nuclear weapon — but with no fallout

The 107-country Outer Space Treaty signed in 1967 prohibits nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons from being placed or used from Earth’s orbit. What they didn’t count on was the U.S. Air Force’s most simple weapon ever: a tungsten rod that could hit a city with the explosive power of an intercontinental ballistic missile.

During the Vietnam War, the U.S. used what they called “Lazy Dog” bombs. These were simply solid steel pieces, less than two inches long, fitted with fins. There was no explosive – they were simply dropped by the hundreds from planes flying above Vietnam.

// Check it out //

http://www.businessi...on-force-2017-9

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:00 PM

Hey Camay, I have some of those in my ordnance collection.   You can actually buy them on Ebay every once and awhile.  I think we call them "flechettes". I also have a pretty good collection of WW2 projectiles and some very cool civil war cannon balls and artillery fragments.   Regards, Chris

early-wwii-korea-vietnam-war-us-army-laz

1A - 2A = -1A

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users