#1 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:27 PM

On their second attempt the repeal Obamacare, the GOP has hit some stumbling blocks.

Recent surveys have found little support for the Senate version of the bill

PBS/Marist poll 17%;  USA Today poll at 12%, and Quinnipiac poll at 16%.

http://www.cnbc.com/...ating-poll.html

Senate Republicans on Tuesday delayed their plan to vote on the bill this week amid mounting opposition from the party's moderate and conservative wings. Moderate senators have raised concerns about the possible growth in the number of uninsured Americans and the plan's rollback of Medicaid expansion. Conservatives have said the bill does not go far enough to repeal Obamacare.

Part of the problem seems to stem from Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell selecting just 13 male Senators to craft the bill, then trying to cram it through the legislature in just a few days. That tactic did not work well.

At the same time, the GOP controlled legislature is getting little or no support from a president engaged in a Twitter war with the press.

This is what we would call a failed administration.

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#2 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:43 PM

Must be nice to go through life believing only what you want to believe Tio Vinny.........    Must also be nice to have a government electronic payment fill your account every month too...  And at such a young age you retired....!  Great to be on the government gravy train and the dole is it not, and probably for your whole life....!   This is why you think like you do, gotta keep that check coming every month...!   Enjoy...!   The IRS rules say I can't retire until age 67 due to the fact I am in the private sector....    Thanks big government...!   You let your employees retire out at 50 to 55  at 97% of their full salary but the rest of us have to work until we are almost dead....!    Who thought of that...?   Democrats...? Maybe that's how they get the whole public sector employees to vote for them year after year....?   Just a guess.  Chris       

1A - 2A = -1A

#3 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

Chris, the stupid people are the Democrat Party dunces. They have lost over 1,200 elective seats since 2010. They know they're stupid. They're just trying to salvage a little bit of dignity. Too late. Stupid = Stupid. :lol:

#4 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

Chris, the stupid people are the Democrat Party dunces. They have lost over 1,200 elective seats since 2010. They know they're stupid. They're just trying to salvage a little bit of dignity. Too late. Stupid = Stupid. :lol:

And notice he does not deny it....!    He's on the government dole, and for all his life, and now he sits there with years on the clock collecting his check and lashing out at the very ones who pay his state retirement, you and me, and Joe, the ones in the private sector who actually make money and are taxed to the max to pay for his early retirement in his mid 50's.   Must be nice to retire at 50 something on the full state retirement boat.   I bet he was a DMV or unemployment office employee.........   Just thinking out loud here......   I am so glad I can send him 5 to 6 grand a month in retirement benefits at his age.........    A good 15 years before I can ever retire..........    Carry on Vinny, keep that state check coming, you "deserve" it, only in your mind..........    Dems in charge means your check keeps coming......   How cool is that.   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#5 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:49 PM

He came from Mexico to work the system, if you catch my drift. Total fraud/illegal guy. That's why he's anti-Trump. Hopefully he gets tossed back to Mexico where he belongs. And SOON !! :) 

b-7211-illegal.jpg

#6 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:57 AM

Back on topic. Yeah, it is a s---e sandwich that no one wants to eat.  They should just go full repeal. Not all those uninsured are there because they get denied. There are still over 20 million uninsured with Obamacare. No, some people, generally young people, don't want to pay for insurance. You can't really lament their lack of coverage as they CHOOSE to spend their money elsewhere. When I was young and had far less income, I purchased a major medical policy that also covered ER visits. I think it cost me 100 dollars a month. Obamacare did away with options like that and forced everyone to have comprehensive coverage which came at a huge price. My healthcare costs 20k a year for a healthy family of 4. That is way more than many people's house payment!  Just think of the kind of economic stimulus that would provide if I had a portion of that in my pocket!

But I digress. I think a mandatory savings account like they have in Singapore would be great. You are forced to save for your own medical, and there is a safety net for those without sufficient funds. And it lets bleeding hearts donate their money (getting to choose what to do with your own money...what a concept!) to others that don't have enough to cover expenses. I think an 8% withholding from EVERYBODY that they get to keep in special accounts would be fantastic. It provides an incentive to live healthier to reduce costs, you can gift unused funds to your heirs, and it makes you a consumer with skin in the game rather than someone who doesn't know or care what things cost.

What the dems offered and the reps are offering is horrible and shows the lack of desire and imagination to do something beneficial to any but a chosen few.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#7 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:39 AM

Sneak peek into Senate chambers as they debate health care:

https://www.flickr.c...08/34821702634/

#8 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:42 AM

obamacare-disaster.jpg?w=800

#9 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:47 AM

Must be nice to go through life believing only what you want to believe Tio Vinny.........   

I dunno . . . Three independent polls show support in the low teens for approval of the GOP effort to repeal Obamacare.

I guess most of America feels the same way I do.
It's a real denial of reality to live in a bubble where everyone is wrong except yourself!

I feel sorry for anyone who has to go through the disillusionment of realizing they are out of step with the majority of Americans.

Sure, it's fine to hold differing opinions, but not to the extent of holding everyone else as wrong.

#10 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:48 AM

NYPost%20ObamaCare%20Disaster%20Cover%20

#11 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:34 AM

What single payer is really like....

DEJ8N5bXsAA18lA.jpg

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#12 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

I dunno . . . Three independent polls show support in the low teens for approval of the GOP effort to repeal Obamacare.

Oh, you mean those *fake polls* by CNN, MSNBC, and NPR?? Yeah, real "independent". :lol:

Just because you THINK it should be so does not make it so. You can dream all you want, but you're in denial. Grow up and accept reality. If Americans really wanted ObamaCare, you wouldn't need a law to FORCE them to buy it. If given a choice, the fact that you would elect to stay with ObamaCare speaks poorly of your knowledge of the matter. Get educated before displaying your vast ignorance of the issue.

Obamacare-Burning-589x442.jpg

#13 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:04 PM

I saw a crazy statistic the other day that said the average healthcare cost for an elderly patient for the last 5 days of life ran about $250,000.  And then they die.  Why spend that kind of money in that situation?  My healthcare directive says "no heroic efforts" in the last days of life.  Maybe that should be mandatory.    

Many many years ago when I was growing up in Denver, we had Richard Lamm as governor.  At one point during his term, there was a vigorous debate on state funded healthcare issues, and Governor Lamm made a comment that "Old people have a duty to die".  Of course, there was a big furor over it, but maybe he was right.  

#14 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:44 PM

Keep labeling everything you don't like as "fake news" and let's see how far you get in life.
I expect there will be some bitter disillusionments.

Meanwhile, it seems even MItch McConnell is admitting he cannot get the job done without help from the Democrats.
It seems the public, including most Republican now actually LIKE Obama care, ha, ha! What a laugh!

#15 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:47 PM

Last 5 days average $250,000? Can you cite your source on that? Seems high, but if the source is credible, then I'll believe it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ObamaCare, ACA, health bill, Senate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users