7 replies to this topic

#1 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:30 PM

Anyone have any VERIFIED information on how this program will work and how many creditable courses/points will be given to students for High School GPA vs. UC or Ca credit?

Teachers say that next year is the first year this will be open to all students and it will be highly encouraged in order to allow students to complete core subjects and still have access to limited electives given only a few times a day at the highschool.

Is there a list out?

What will the cost be? Ie: will High School Students get a discount?

How can we plan ahead With just a wink and a "pay attention when the news comes out" at the 8th grade parent registration night?

#2 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (supermom @ Dec 16 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why is it-that when you barely make it to work on time, you find out your office is out of coffee?
Why is it-that on a cold morning-the coffee pot is always empty-even though you have made 3 pots of coffee and haven't gotten a sip?
And....How does your boss justify stealing your coffee mug on a really cold morning-as an act of sacrafice on your part when you didn't offer it?

one, I buy the coffee for the upstairs offices, it's only my fault if I run out of coffee.
two, see answer to number one.
three, I would "kill" anyone that stole my coffeemug. It's got my name on it, it's got the year I bought it on it, it's got the name of the company we were and the name of the new company that acquired us that year, so it was the last year one could buy an "Avantek Coffee mug and have it "personalized".

but seeing as how I doubt you will "kill" your boss, just inform him/her that you use it as a spitoon in the afternoon, that should keep them from borrowing it in the future
I would rather be Backpacking

#3 rlsliger

rlsliger

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Dec 16 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
one, I buy the coffee for the upstairs offices, it's only my fault if I run out of coffee.
two, see answer to number one.
three, I would "kill" anyone that stole my coffeemug. It's got my name on it, it's got the year I bought it on it, it's got the name of the company we were and the name of the new company that acquired us that year, so it was the last year one could buy an "Avantek Coffee mug and have it "personalized".

but seeing as how I doubt you will "kill" your boss, just inform him/her that you use it as a spitoon in the afternoon, that should keep them from borrowing it in the future

What does coffee and a coffee mug have to do with college courses?

#4 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (rlsliger @ Dec 16 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What does coffee and a coffee mug have to do with college courses?

well, her signature was large print and more prominent than her post, and if you paid attention to what was in the quote tags in my post, you would see I am replying to her signature.

#5 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Dec 16 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dale Ogden for CA Governor 2010

Why would you vote for him.... rolleyes.gif

#6 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (chris v @ Dec 16 2009, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why would you vote for him.... rolleyes.gif

Because I'm a Libertarian and he is the Libertarian candidate, therefore I know he is more closely aligned with my ideals politically.
Got any other questions?

#7 tigerlily6

tigerlily6

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:25 PM

[

It has been free credit for highschool students. Don't know if it still will be because of all higher education cutbacks. School probably won't know until new CA budget comes out.

#8 Parizienne

Parizienne

My Folsom Honeybee

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Interests:History, gardening, reading, antiquing, road trips, road food, the Blues, classic rock, travel.

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

The only info I have was something I heard about online classes costing $200 a piece. I don't know if that's what this is or not.

Pari.

QUOTE (supermom @ Dec 16 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone have any VERIFIED information on how this program will work and how many creditable courses/points will be given to students for High School GPA vs. UC or Ca credit?

Teachers say that next year is the first year this will be open to all students and it will be highly encouraged in order to allow students to complete core subjects and still have access to limited electives given only a few times a day at the highschool.

Is there a list out?

How can we plan ahead With just a wink and a "pay attention when the news comes out" at the 8th grade parent registration night?

Pari

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users