• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lola

Lola

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

Hi - This is the first time that I've posted anything but felt this was to important to ignore. I live in the South Lexington area. I regularly walk my dogs in the area. The other day on the way home from our walk, we ran into a loose German Shepherd. I have no idea if this dog was friendly or not - and without an owner around, frankly I was terrified. This is not the first time we've come across a loose dog (I will say it's the first BIG dog that really scared me). I find it incredibly irritating and irresponsible of pet owners to let this happen. Your dog could be hit by a car, it could be frightened and feel threatened and as a result attack someone (or another pet).
We regularly check our yard, the fence line and gates to ensure that there isn't a way for our dogs to get out. I implore other dog owners to do the same - for the safety of your beloved pet and your neighbors.

#2 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:23 AM

Hi - This is the first time that I've posted anything but felt this was to important to ignore. I live in the South Lexington area. I regularly walk my dogs in the area. The other day on the way home from our walk, we ran into a loose German Shepherd. I have no idea if this dog was friendly or not - and without an owner around, frankly I was terrified. This is not the first time we've come across a loose dog (I will say it's the first BIG dog that really scared me). I find it incredibly irritating and irresponsible of pet owners to let this happen. Your dog could be hit by a car, it could be frightened and feel threatened and as a result attack someone (or another pet).
We regularly check our yard, the fence line and gates to ensure that there isn't a way for our dogs to get out. I implore other dog owners to do the same - for the safety of your beloved pet and your neighbors.

How was the German Shepard behaving? I see loose dogs periodically, and my first reaction is never fear. I watch them to get a read on their body language. Did you call Animal Control?

I saw a coyote the other day in broad daylight on Blue Ravine Rd just before 2 PM.
I would rather be Backpacking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users