22 replies to this topic

#16 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

Sounds like you just need to drink more beer and lay off the soda which is bad for you anyways :2thumbsup:

#17 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:21 PM

Thanks Living Legend for the good work.

I wish we had other options too. I like my CRV money as treat. Like a kid doing their chores, most of the time I don't get enough for lunch!
Does anyone know about the cap v.s. no-cap issue?

AS far as I know the caps stay on and they take them- Did mine. Without the cap it would be even worse - Lower weight - less $$. I open the empty and crush it top to bottom and then put the cap back on so it stays crushed.

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#18 Renascence Woman

Renascence Woman

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:17 PM

Vic's is on Oak Avenue Pkwy across from the entrance to American River Canyon North.

There is also a new buy-back center located behind Safeway. It is kind of buried but I think you would not have to wait in line.

#19 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:50 PM

I took some bottles and cans to the CRV place by Wal Mart. I told him I wanted to go by count rather than weight because it has been reported that the scale is off at his facility. He sounded offended and politely showed me the sticker that shows the scale is checked and certified. He let me submit two groups of cans because I had eleven more than the 50 max.

The refund should be the same whether measured by items or weight as we paid the same amount of money at purchase. I earned $4.50 for another twelve pack of Diet Mt. Dew! :2thumbsup:

#20 granto

granto

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:23 PM

The recycling at Walmart doesn't like to do individual. They like to do it by weight. They actually told me to go over the to IGA recycling center. That guy is super nice and does all individual recycling. He even talks bad about the Walmart one. However, that doesn't make it right. In CT where I am from every store that sells a bottle must take it back and give full CRV on indivdual items. They all have the automated machines in their lobbies. It seems like a big scam here becuase most people just recycle and don't get their $ back.

State law states that if you have 50 or less of any type of container, they must count (or accept your count) for the containers and pay you CRV. You can call CA recycle to complain (and the enforecment guy lives in Folsom), I used to have to do that all the time at Vics and the one on Greenback in Orangevale.

#21 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:41 PM

UPDATE:  That small recycle shack over by Walmart is now permanently closed, according to a notice posted there. It says the 2 nearest recycle centers are in Rancho Cordova, and it lists the addresses. Weird that Folsom is not going to have a recycle center any more. What's up with that? I won't be doing the Rancho thing.. From now on my empty cans/bottles will just go in my blue bin.. I hated going to that place anyway.. :lol:

#22 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:49 PM

Maybe the homeless will move on down back to Rancho now and not live behind the Aquatic Center and along the river....?   Smoking everywhere, leaving trash all around, and making it so we can't use our parks or shade structures with our kids.   I lost my "tolerance" for these fools long ago....   Oh, and those hypodermic needles in the playground by the library some 20 years ago even then made me never take my kids there again...........   Won't miss them or the recycle center....   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#23 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:02 AM

Maybe the homeless will move on down back to Rancho now and not live behind the Aquatic Center and along the river....?   

From your lips to God's ears. Yeah, good points Chris.. I didn't even think about that, but clearly those recycle centers ARE magnets for many of the "homeless". Glad they will both (hopefully) be gone from Folsom (or dramatically reduced).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users