No replies to this topic

#1 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:22 PM

This could go in business, entertainment or sports sections, but I'll drop it here instead. I recently did a full day south fork whitewater trip with my adult children.  They had never been, and it had been a long time for me. We used a groupon, and paid a little extra for a four man raft (highly recommend!). Everybody at Action Whitewater was very friendly, and did their best to make us feel comfortable and welcome.

We hit the lottery with our guide Samuel. He was reputed to be a 7 time world champion rafter. For 19 years, he has been rafting, heading to his native Brazil in our off season and then returning here on season.  He was amazing. Our raft did many things other rafts did not. We did rock spins, where you drive the raft onto a rock and then pivot, we did standing up rapids, spinning standing up rapids, my daughter rode the bow like a bull, and he even let my daughter "guide" the raft after she expressed an interest. Throughout it all, he was enthusiastic, interesting to talk to, and he really made the day something special.

If you ever decide to raft the Southfork, there are many companies that will offer you their services. I would definitely use Action Whitewater again, but the primary factor would be the guide Samuel. As a disclaimer, I'm not sure he would do that with everyone, or if he just felt comfortable with our group (my last group was totally lame, they couldn't even paddle...seriously)

The rivers are running strong, and now is a great time to give it a try if you have never done it before.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users