• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46 Big Green Van

Big Green Van

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:17 PM

The recent Greg Robertson incident and resulting inaction on the part of the Folsom American Little League (FALL) is just a drop in the bucket with respect to the true state of affairs of the Brausch controlled FALL organization. This forum and other online discussion groups have finally reached the boiling point with respect to Folsom baseball families finally speaking out about the horrible operation of FALL by the Brausch clan and the horrible experiences that people never hear about because of the closed dealings of the Brausch controlled FALL board. Hopefully the community will respond accordingly by re-claiming FALL and returning it to a functional and healthy youth sports organization as was the case recently with the Folsom Softball Club.

In summary and in response to Dude’s question, “The Big Green Van” is full of shenanigans and debauchery that the Brausch clan and their band of goonish followers have been involved in or intentionally overlooked during the past years of their stronghold over FALL—which has effectively destroyed the organization and hindered the chances of FALL to ever compete at the District, Regional or National level. These hideous incidents and factors include, but are by no means limited to:

- Coaches repeatedly dropping the “F” bomb in front of players and parents from the Majors division down to T-Ball without proper board action or response because the offending coach was part of the Brausch gang.

- Coaches violating player safety rules by manipulating pitch counts and pitching players before Little League rules allow.

- Coaches telling players “You’re a f--king retard” when they make an error without proper board action or response because the offending coach was part of the Brausch gang.

- Board member kids being selected for All-Stars over much better non-board member players when certain board members pressured the All-Star managers.

- Coaches failing to provide minimum playing time without proper board action or response because the offending coach was part of the Brausch gang or was a board member.

- FALL violating Little League rules by saturating the board with managers and coaches as well as filling the board with multiple family members.

- Major Division coaches manipulating the system by keeping season ending injured players on their rosters beyond the roster cut-off date so they did not have to pick up AAA players and ultimately were able to play with 11 players for their owncompetative advantage.

- Selecting All-Star managers and coaches without proper FALL board member approval.

- Manipulating the FALL bylaws to allow the Brausch clan board members to act as umpires and get paid by FALL.

- Black balling good coaches and managers that do not drink the Brausch clan Kool-Aid i.e. anyone that challenged the Brausch clan or any of their goons were immediately not able to be selected as coaches or managers—including the awesome manager of last year’s 9/10 All-Star team who was black balled by the Brausch clan simply because he somehow beat out Greg Robertson for that position and succeeded in leading the 9/10 team to the best All-Star performance for any age group in 17 years.

- VP of FALL having multiple DUI arrests/convictions and likely being the type of person who would not be considered by the Folsom community as suitable to be involved in youth sports as a board member or coach but for being a Brausch chum.

- Repeatedly losing the best players and coaches to other baseball programs because the families are appalled and frustrated with the Brausch clan antics.

- District 54 District Administrator being friends with the Brausch clan and in cahoots with how FALL is operated to include looking the other way when certain actions should be taken by the FALL board.

- Coaches not selecting players off the waiting list, thereby preventing kids from playing Little League, simply because the do not want the first kid on the list on their team.

- Board members manipulating the team schedules in divisions their kids are playing for a competitive advantage.

The bottom line in all of this blog banter is that the Folsom community really needs to stand up, be heard and vote in a new group of board members that are committed to operating a fair and transparent Little League program. Until the Folsom community quits talking and actually takes action, FALL will continue to be controlled by the Brausch clan, will continue to spiral out of control, and these entirely avoidable Greg Robertson-like situations will continue to proliferate and mar the Little League experience for the young players in Folsom.

#47 Barb J

Barb J

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:31 PM

This type of behavior occurs in every sport, whether it is boys or girls and whether the coach is a woman or a man. It's unfortunate and all you can do is explain to your kids that some adults act irresponsibly and are hurtful. Our daughter had a horrible experience with a coach and it was heart breaking what the comments and actions did to her self esteem. We spent alot of time talking to her and letting her know that what the coach was doing was not ok and that she had done nothing wrong. When the coach was called out on the behavior/actions it was denied. When the board was notified....they did nothing. When other parents notified the board about the behavior happening to their kids....the board did nothing.

It's disturbing that the various boards put their "friends" above the kids. I guess when people get into positions of power, no matter how slight, it gets ugly. I hope these parents stand up and demand the coach's resignation and that of the board who is supporting him. I am hesitant to believe that this was a one time occurrence. The statement was pretty harsh, not the kind of thing that "slips out" unintentionally. I don't believe someone who would say something like this to a 12 year old boy should be coaching anything.

Barb

#48 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

I am amazed after reading most of all the responses on this topic. Especially all the new posters- I know baseball is a passion but seriously folks - what I read is way over the top...

First I would suggest that FALL be eliminated and a new group started... From the complaints it seems that this league is not for the kids but for the parents .. as I have heard a number of times in other areas as well...

Sure a player should have some know responsibility of knowing that they messed up but not the over the top ones I hear here...

And the other issues raised about the league do really need to be addressed.

I took my son out of little league in Rocklin and also Soccer ( with his acceptance) as even back 12 years ago it was more of a parents and league game than a kids game. He was a good player but not great and had both coach and player pressure in each game and practice.
But it seems to have gotten worse from various news reports and this situation...

Why cant the kids play as kids and leave the issues out of it ..... parents, coaches and league...

It is after all - only a game ...

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#49 Coach24

Coach24

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:46 PM

I would be very careful before enrolling your kid in FALL. Apparently, based on many of these comments, acting like a 12 year old is contagious!

#50 dist54

dist54

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

On 6/23/11 at 09:17 AM, Cliff24 wrote:
Congrats to the Ranger's players. They played well all season, and finished with a strong performance. It's very unfortunate, though, that Robertson would tarnish a good win by picking on a 12 year old player, and then not have enough courage to apologize. And I cannot believe the league is protecting a manager like this after Robertson admitted the offense. They have a player agent for these types of issues, but I guess that person is not interested in doing their job.

Report inappropriate comments
On 6/23/11 at 09:45 AM, actsports wrote:
I'd like to say I'm shocked by this, but this is not at all surprising. This is exactly why kids leave Little League or worse, leave the game all together. I'm sure that those who know the parties involved here are not surprised either. Disgraceful !

On 6/23/11 at 10:42 AM, Funbeer wrote:
One can simply assume the Player Agent did not press for an appropriate league response to this horrible situation simply because the Player Agent is the daughter of the league President Rick Brausch and Vice-President Joanne Brausch. As a result Mr. Robertson gets nothing more than a slap on the wrist and is allowed to continue coaching—including his role as an All-Star Manager. It is long over due for Folsom baseball families to stand up to the Brausch family and their band of felonious followers and take back Folsom American Little League so the kids of Folsom can experience Little League as it is intended.

On 6/23/11 at 12:23 PM, actsports wrote:
You have got to be kidding......the player agent is a Brausch too? My family left Little League years ago for this same type of crap. I guess some things never change. D54 needs to step in and clean house, starting with the three Brausch's. Little League is about the kids and ONLY about the kids. FALL parents, speak out and put and end to this nonsense!

On 6/23/11 at 07:22 PM, hideyhideyho wrote:
If this is indeed the case with the FALL board why doesn't anyone go speak to the park and rec commission about it. Don't they oversee the little leagues in this twon?

On 6/24/11 at 12:54 AM, rwyrick1825 wrote:
I am a second year coach/manager in Folsom American Little League. Within 24 hrs I heard of coach Robertson's comments to the boy from three different sources. I am very disapointed that Folsom American Little League did not call an emergency meeting to take immediate action and remove this JERK from his board position and possible league expulsion. If the league feels that they can sweep this under the rug and make it go away they are very mistaken. I did not spend many hours coaching and teaching my players how to play and play with sportsmanship so this JERK could pour salt in the wounds after they lose a championship. Every league I have coached in (FYBA, Folsom Fastpitch, Folsom Soccer) there are one or two coaches that act like there winning the Superbowl through their kids. What is wrong with these people? Coach Robertson is an embarassment to our youth sports and our community. I highly encourage the Coaches, Managers & parents of the Folsom American Little League to contact the Board Members of our league and let them know that this kind of behavior is unacceptable for our children.

Sincerley,

Rex Wyrick

Folsom American

Farm RiverDogs

On 6/24/11 at 03:30 PM, actsports wrote:
It sounds like "mikeinfolsom" has his own axe to grind, and it has no place here. I have served on LL boards for years, and to suggest that that the Brausch's hands were tied on this issue is ridiculous. There have been complaints coming out of this league for years......unfortunately, like many boards which govern youth sports leagues, the adults forgot why they are there. Board meetings are not an excuse to get together and drink beer (though I have nothing whatsoever against beer). Many board members are there to advance their child's standing in the league, plain and simple. The Brausch's might be good people....I don't know and frankly don't care. I will be sitting back and watching to see if there is appropriate disciplinary action taken here. That will be the true measure of what kind of board governs FALL. Should be interesting.......

On 6/24/11 at 11:09 PM, Lesleyeviston wrote:
I am so happy to see many new names speaking out about what has been happening with the Folsom ALL. It really is tragic for the kids of Folsom. My son was a part of the 10 year old All Stars team last year Coached under Todd Wolger and Bill McClure. My son had the time of his life. That is the one thing the coaches promised at the beginning of the tournament. They won the district 54 championship under these coaches which has not been done in something like 15 or so years, yet these coaches were told by the board this year that they were not able to coach again?!!! No reason given. Our children brought pride back to Folsom American and do you think Mr or Mrs Brausch could congratulate them? NOPE. FALL has always represented in the Veterans Day parade and this year to our dismay we see Mr. & Mrs. Brausch carrying the banner that OUR CHILDREN earned for this league. Did any of these boys get a call asking them to walk with it in the parade? NO! The Brausch's & "thier crew" walked with it as if they earned it themselves. As a parent I was mortified. When I sent an email to Mr. Brausch for an explaination, I did not even get a reply. Looking out for the best interests of the Kids??? I think they are looking out for their own best interests. Do you see the pattern here? Shame on this board for thinking they could once again sweep the misgivings of their friends under a rug. CARMA!

On 6/25/11 at 08:23 PM, jingjing88 wrote:
Maybe the 10/11 All Star players this year should boycott until a REAL coach is installed. Parents, this could be a teachable moment! Let the PARENTS VOTE FOR THE COACH instead of the old boys network.

On 6/26/11 at 11:03 AM, itsallbb wrote:
Mikeinfolsom--so the brausch's are good people in your eyes ? Took care of you did they? Gave you a manager spot when knowone else would? That's nice your running to their defense. Your suppose to, that's what you do when your in the clan. Let's set the record straight. You were disciplined for not making minimum play time for at least one of your players. This is not the first time you have been in trouble for this type of offense. That same year you managed to get a player to quit your team for failing to play him. See the trend here? So you were just trying to win a game that's why you decided to cheat and not play all of your roster players their league mandated minimum play time. On the issue of the brausch's beeing powerless to discipline Robertson--you need to read the revised FALL bylaws. The braush's are the committee!! Robertson in my experience has not been a bad guy, I think his dugout sidekick has been a bad influence on him. He clearly made a huge mistake in the game in question and should pay for it. Not making amends for his mistake will cause long lasting pain for all the kids that were affected. At this point I am sure nothing will happen, Rick Brausch will simply drag this out until people lose interest, just like they did when you got in trouble !

On 6/27/11 at 12:07 AM, luvsports wrote:
Reply to folsomsportsmom - I, too am heartbroken - How in the world a coach could talk to a child like this? Here are the facts - I was at the game - Greg Robertson walked up to a child and humiliated him after a Championship game! FACT!! Greg Robertson has yet to say he's sorry to the child (in person with his team - which is where his offense took place). FACT!! The president, vice president, players agent and fellow board members have done little to address, comfort and reassure the family of the child. FACT!! This is not Greg Roberston's first offense - he addressed another coach from across the field using the F word for all players and parents to hear. FACT!! Talk about impulse control! Are these enough facts for you?

And as far as being a disguntled coach or parent? Is that what they are telling you? You are the one speaking without facts. I have two boys in FALL, I have not coached or had issues with the coaches, teams, etc... I am not a disgruntled parent. The FACTS of what happen that night are just awful - how can you deny that?

Shame on Greg Robertson, the FALL Board (Especially Rick and Joanne Brausch) and all their buddies who protect them!

On 6/27/11 at 03:58 AM, JohnnyP wrote:
@representing95630. I'm sorry that you have your head buried in the sand. Mr. Robertson did say this to the boy. He admitted it, and apologized to the coach for it. Why he wouldn't apologize to the boy is beyond me. I've also seen the "form letter" he sent one of the players where he AGAIN apologizes for this disgusting comment. How in the world is thanking a boy for giving up 2 grand slams after the biggest loss of this boys life not...as you put it...."vindictive"? The boy burst into tears and a number of other teamates were right there when he said it. How much proof do you need?!?!?! BTW...that form letter was a crock. He publicly humiliated a child. He should publicly apologize to the boy and entire team. He needs to be suspended for the rest of the season and then kept from coaching ever again. Of course the Brausch's will never let that happen to their buddy and fellow board member. So ma'am, go ahead and keep your child on this guy's team. Sounds to me like you're just the calibur of parent that he's looking for. It's all about winning, and a "kick em while they're down" mentality. Is that what you think Little League is based on? If so, you also just broke a boys heart, while putting a smile on many board member's faces!!! Shame, shame!

On 6/27/11 at 10:09 AM, Cliff24 wrote:
The biggest problem here is that the Board is keeping everything a secret. Robertson publicly mocked at 12 year old player, and yet it has all been kept secret by the Board. If there are circumstances that lead to a small punishment (like an apolgoly), then those circumstances should be made public, or at least given to the families of the offended kids. The Board has brough this all on themselves by not being open and direct with coaches and players. Robertson's act was public, and until the investigation and results are public, it is going to look like a coverup for one of the Board's friends. @representing95630, @folsomsportsmom: Robertson treated your kids well, but how would you feel if he made a derogatory statement to your son? Wouldn't you be protective in that scenario? Try to think about the issue from someone else perspective before you defend an undefendable action.

On 6/27/11 at 02:27 PM, folsomsportsmom wrote:
Reply to luvsports - I am sorry you feel so angry. But how do you know you have all the "Facts"? How do you know whether the coach hasn't reached out personally to apologize to this boy and his family if this incident indeed did occur? And I ask you as the concerned parent you seem to be, would it really be a good idea to have this be a public forum in front of all these boys when so many angry people would possibly be present? I think not, because as a parent I know I would not want my child to witness what other angry parents might say or do at such an event. And I ask you how do you really know whether the Board has reached out to this family or not?

This all sounds like an unfortunate situation if it is true, but I too, have been disappointed over the years when not only PARENTS and/or COACHES have been known to display poor sportsmanship by way of colorful language and/or bullying remarks to others on the field, but it can be particularly shocking when the PLAYERS participate in this behavior as well. It is a learning process for us all.

On 6/27/11 at 04:23 PM, luvsports wrote:
Reply to folsomsportsmom - I'm not angry - I'm persistant and just want what is right for this community and kids - a SAFE environment.

As of this morning Greg Robertson has not apologized to the child he verbally abused - that is a fact! I have verified my facts with the family.

You said in your comment, "... if this incident indeed did occur?" You're kidding me right? What is this the OJ trail? Do you think the boys imagined Greg saying that? Are you forgetting the FACT that Greg admitted it and apologize to our coach??

Let's not attempt to change the focus of this whiole ordeal - yes parents and coaches act less than appropriate at times (we've all seen it) BUT that's why we elect leaders to guide and coach us. What did Greg Roberston teach us? If you're friends with the right people you don't have to follow the rules. I guess you're right - I did learn something after all.

On 6/27/11 at 04:35 PM, jingjing88 wrote:
I think you need a reality check, folsomsportsmom. It is not "particularly shocking" when middle school boys trash talk at each other or even when adult men (or ladies) get into it man to man, but it is really shocking when an adult coach and supposed mentor dumps all over a kid. That's what this is about. Not about disgruntled parents or kids or an argument about Daddy Ball. And what's wrong with having your kid witness a little anger by parents who want to right a wrong. No bad language or threats need to be used to make a point. It can be empowering to a kid to see adults that will stick up for them.

On 6/27/11 at 05:41 PM, actsports wrote:
"luvsports" and jingjing".....you both nailed it. This is way past the "if it did occur" stage and there is a crapload of witnesses to substantiate that this pathetic display happened. folsomsportsmom, time to get your head out of your rear-end and see this for what it really is. Is this an isolated incident? Not at all, sadly this type of thing happens all the time. It's just a little more personal when you know the people involved.

On 6/27/11 at 08:28 PM, folsomsportsmom wrote:
Look, I am not going to speak disrespectfully to you all. It's not my way. I'm sorry if some of you disagree. It's o.k. to agree to disagree on some things. I did not say I was at the game in question, but I do know some of the parents on the Angels' team personally and they knew nothing of this event except through the rumor mill which tells me a lot of people are basing their knowledge upon hearsay and then feeding the community. These parents said they knew nothing about this until others told them about it AND these Angels' parents were at the game in question. Sometimes adults may make mistakes and sometimes kids make mistakes, and it is o.k. to teach the art of forgiveness to your children as well. It is also o.k. to teach your child to not say or do something disrespectful to others (whether it be to adults or kids of their own age).

In addition, I have to say I am surprised jingjing88 thinks it's o.k. for these boys to experience an act of anger between adults. At the end of the day, these are boys who just want to play Xbox, go swimming, hang out with their friends, etc. because they are kids. They don't care about this situation. If you all are investigating this situation so thoroughly, at least you could investigate from both sides as a court of law would do.

Again, if you are not happy in Folsom American Little League last I checked, you are not being held hostage here, you are free to go and experience other activities out in the world.

On 6/27/11 at 11:06 PM, jingjing88 wrote:
How do you know kids don't care about ths situation? And I didn't say "experience an ACT of anger", I said "expression of anger" which is a very human emotion that can be powerful. It's definitely a step up from "bothered" or "annoyed" and fits this situation. And kids can learn a lot more from an interaction that is an attempt to right a wrong rather than another session with the Xbox.

On 6/27/11 at 11:29 PM, luvsports wrote:
Folsomsportsmom - I'd be willing to bet you're in politics.... you do everything but address the issue! The truth/facts are too uncomfortable to talk about.. huh??? But the facts are the facts.

Your comment, "It is also ok to teach a child to not say or do something disrespectul to others" - WHAT?!?!? YOU MEAN LIKE GREG DID??? Remember the issue at hand here! Stay focused (if you can't - trust me - we will!)... Stop trying to point the finger at others -Greg (and the board members) are the ones to blame!! They are the ones doing little to bring resolution to the issue!

An appropriate apology for the child and fair punishment for the offender is all that's needed - and then that forgiveness you speak of will surely come.

Let's see... last I checked folsomsportsmom - we in fact are all being held hostage by the current board!! and wouldn't they just love it if we all went away..... Well.... I (unlike you) don't want to drink the Kool-aid, and I don't want to go away... so i'll keep asking and hoping that a man who made a mistake can swallow is pride and just say he's sorry to the kid he harmed, AND the board will look at the facts of the situation and punish this coach properly.

#51 60ft6in

60ft6in

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

I do want to agree with one of the many points of "Big Green Van" which is how can board members get paid for umpiring games when they are on the board of directors for Little League?? Last I looked it is a "volunteer" organization!! I can see if they werent board members then they would be contract employees but as board members they are donating their time like the manager and coaches within the league. Were any of the coaches paid this year? I would love to see the report listing the pay to each board member and their children! My guess is the Chief Umpire and son are towards the top with many board members not far behind! Probably between $1000 and $2000 for the 4 month season!

#52 Barb J

Barb J

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

And another note, if I were the parents of the two boys who hit the grand slams I'd be pretty upset - basically he is downplaying their accomplishments by saying that it was the pitcher's fault. Players can get grand slams on good pitches - it happens every day in the Major's!

Ugghh, this guy pisses me off!

Barb

#53 luvmycity

luvmycity

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

I played little league and Babe Ruth league baseball in the 1970s, and haven't given it another thought since then, as I have no sons. It's interesting for me to read what a big deal Little League seems to be to some people. In the grand scheme of things, Little League is about fun recreation and learning how to function in society. For one out of ten thousand players, it might lead to making a living in the sport. Probably for none of the players currently playing Little League in Folsom.

My wild guess is that the player had somehow angered the opposing manager during the course of the game and/or season. No one is so mean that they would make such a comment to an already demoralized boy. There must have been some retaliatory intent based on something else, real or perceived. Emotions get the best of men (big boys) in sports.

It never ceases to amaze me how many parents of young baseball players (and soccer, softball, etc.) think their kid is a shoe-in for a scholarship. How they can make this determination at such a young age is laughable. Less than 1% of high school baseball players will receive a scholarship. Less than 10% will play college baseball at any level, JC included. And your one-in-ten thousand playing pro ball is dead on accurate. Let the kids enjoy this time in their lives. Some will go further in sports than others. I feel for those kids whose parents are living through their kid's accomplishments on the field.

From a youth sports website.....there is actually a formal definition:
Daddy Vision (or Mommy Vision)-- Parents who see their children as the next coming of Derek Jeter or Mia Hamm when the rest of the world sees a very nice kid with average athleticism.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4007083

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users