7 replies to this topic

#1 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

They weren't doning well recently, but a certain action just put a nail in their coffin. Admittedly, I don't think I've been since I moved out of Land Park, but it's sad to see them close their doors.

"The "last straw," he said, was when Carmichael attorney Scott N. Johnson, who is quadriplegic, wrote a letter to the restaurant about two months ago citing its failures under the Americans with Disabilities Act, including its lack of a disabled parking space and a restroom that could accommodate wheelchair access."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.co...l#storylink=cpy

#2 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

is the Sacramento Chamber of Commerce paying any attention to this? How about our illustrious state government? I know Diane Feinstein asked Derrel to do something about it. Maybe its time to call for a little attention from our politicians now running for office.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#3 andy

andy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

is the Sacramento Chamber of Commerce paying any attention to this? How about our illustrious state government? I know Diane Feinstein asked Derrel to do something about it. Maybe its time to call for a little attention from our politicians now running for office.

Why does EVERYTHING have to be seen in partisan terms? The ADA is 20 years old, and is federal law adopted under the first Bush presidency. Interestingly, lawsuits like this were restricted by the Democrats in California effective this coming January. In other words, yes, they have done something about it and it's more than a little unfair to blame Democrats for the problem.

#4 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

This is not just about the ADA. Far from it... It is no secret that California has one of the most unfriendly environments for small businesses in the forms of higher taxes, insane regulations, penalties, fees, litigation, you name it. In just the past few weeks we have seen the likes of Comcast and Campbells Soup leave the area and this is likely only the beginnning. I know many larger corporations in this state including one I happen to work for has publicly said it will never put up another building in this state given the current environment.

When you add all this up with a state legislature that has been predominately Democrat run you can see where the partisan finger pointing comes from.

Here is another article that goes into more depth on the issue and the fact its more than just about ADA.http://www.calwatchd...bites-the-dust/

#5 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Why does EVERYTHING have to be seen in partisan terms? The ADA is 20 years old, and is federal law adopted under the first Bush presidency. Interestingly, lawsuits like this were restricted by the Democrats in California effective this coming January. In other words, yes, they have done something about it and it's more than a little unfair to blame Democrats for the problem.

wait a minute? where was my comment partisan? I'm talking about our lawmakers, the ones that have some control in this state. I don't care which side of the aisle deals with it.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#6 SacDJ

SacDJ

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Truth be told, the Scott (Devil) Johnson thing was just the last straw. It appears they were not making it before the Devil did his dead.

That being said, Armstrong the Getty had some GREAT juicy news today about said Scott Johnson. He's being sued by some of his (former/present?) employees for harassment and creating a hostile working environment. In a nutshell, he required them to act as his personal assistant including changing his clothes and rubbing him down with lotion and he had cameras focused on each at their workspace at his home/office where he could watch them work. He even had one at the bathroom (I'm assuming not INSIDE it) and would question why some of his employees took so long to "go". Weird cat. This should be interesting as it unfolds.

#7 2kids4me

2kids4me

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Well, that sucks. I haven't been in a long time, but I LOVED their burgers. I wish I would have known so I could have gone one last time.

#8 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

Karma is going to get Scott Johnson, He is going to rot in hell for all the people he has put out of business and put on the streets.

A study should be done on how often handicap people patronize a business before they are forced to spend hundreds of thousands modifying their entire location for a customer that would never visit in the first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users