10 replies to this topic

#1 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

I got a GoPro for xmas and have been messing around with it and different mounts and what not. This was from a ride I did last Tuesday. It shows the dirt single track on the east Side of Lake Natomas from Iron Point to the Folsom Blvd. bridge. Enjoy.

#2 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

how fast were you going?
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#3 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

how fast were you going?

I plead the fifth?

Most of it was probably around 15mph

#4 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Cool vid

#5 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

Personally I think you were treating the bike trail like a race track, including the dirt trail. One pedestrian actually had to stop and to turn around at look at you approaching. I walk down there all the time often with elderly parents and toddlers and hate it when bike riders go screaming up the trail like that. Please remember that it is a shared use trail in a nearly urban setting. It's not like stage coach trail out at salmon falls. Not trying to come down on you. Just seems like you were exceeding the speed limit. Please remember to share the road.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#6 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

I assure you that I was riding very safely and always make sure that others are safe. You make it sound like I was running people off the trail when in fact it was the opposite. You can't hear me announcing myself as I come upon walkers/runners but I do. That's why they moved off the trail. I am a very considerate rider and gauge my riding based on pedestrians and equestrians as they have the right of way.

#7 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

Thanks for sharing that. We are so lucky to be able to just hop on those trails after a short trip on some surface streets. Looked like a beautiful day for a ride and you had the trail to yourself most of the way. Those GoPros look pretty cool.

#8 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

I love that downhill from Natoma Station but the crossing onto the main trail can be hairy if it's a busy day.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#9 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

Thanks for sharing that. We are so lucky to be able to just hop on those trails after a short trip on some surface streets. Looked like a beautiful day for a ride and you had the trail to yourself most of the way. Those GoPros look pretty cool.

The GoPros are great but I still need to figure out better editing software. The one I'm using completely destroys the resolution.

#10 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

The GoPros are great but I still need to figure out better editing software. The one I'm using completely destroys the resolution.

Really? Looked great to me.

#11 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

I was wondering what happened to the resolution, figured you shot at low res or something. Try this one, worth the money. http://www.sonycreat...m/moviestudiopp

hey what route did you take on the ride, can you post a map of it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users