10 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

This is the hardest decision I have ever had to do. But I want my baby girl to have a good life. I have six animals. I have had them all varying lengths of time and she is the elder of the group and has always been fine. Suddenly a couple months back her and a cat I have had for 3 1/2 years just started not getting along. There was no change in the house (e.g. no new animals added in, no new goings on/habits/hours, etc). Just suddenly they started fighting all the time. She started sleeping under the couch and barely ever coming out. Then she started using the carpet under the couch periodically as her toilet. She has never been an outdoor cat. I started throwing her outside but every time I opened the door she would run back in and dart under the couch or run into a bedroom under the bed. It all came to a head this past day when I woke up to her having scratched up and soiled the sofa.

This is unacceptable at this point. I have not only had to replace carpet but now have a soiled couch.

As a side note if someone knows of a good way/solution to get call pee out of upholstery let me know. I tried my SpotBot but that did not help much (and for some reason my SpotBot even after flushing the tank always seems to smell terrible after one usage).

She is a feral that I rescued from a street when she was mere months old back in 2005 and I want her to enjoy her life. If there is a non-kill shelter or group that could take her I would be most appreciative.

#2 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

Have you taken her to a vet? Cats usually only do that when something is wrong, such as an illness.

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#3 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

AS far a the PEE smell - Mix 50% white vinegar 50% water in a spray bottle and spray it on the location of the PEE. I have used this often with dog pee and it works well. The Vinegar smell will go away in a day or two. Heloise was were I found this solution in the Saturday garden section.

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#4 EAH

EAH

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

Honestly, it is going to be much harder to re-home the older cat than the younger one she is having problems with. The younger one has no issues. The kindest thing to do is keep your elder cat and re-home the younger one. Mayhaps this will resolve the issue.

#5 Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

EAH, I have three cats and three dogs. It is not just the younger cat. That is the bulk of the issue though. She is also acting out (albiet much more sporadically) against the others. She is very anti-social even when they aren't around now a days. Also all five other animals play together, run together, sleep together (the younger cat thinks she is a dog). They even groom each other. Unfortunately, my older one is the odd one out.

Folsom500 - I will try that. Thanks!!!

Amethyst - I did and she came back fine.

#6 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Michael, Glad to hear that she isn't ill. Good luck with finding her a place. It's never easy to deal with these situations. :(

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#7 Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

No it's not. :( Outside of two rabbits I had, she was my first pet (and first non-caged pet). I saved her on a rainy night from getting hit by a car when she would not move out of the middle of the street.

She was abandoned by her mom (who happened to be a feral with several kittens already that lived in the apt complex I lived in at the time). She was still a kitten. This was 8 years ago and it just pains me so much to have to let her go :(

#8 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

There's a place down in East Sac ...I'm thinking it's Happy Tails, but not sure.

Try these: http://www.happytails.org/
http://www.rivercitycatrescue.org/links.aspx

#9 Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

Thanks Caligirl. I tried happy tails and they are full. Trying the other today.

#10 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

Be sure to check the rescues (I found a list when I did a google search). Good luck.

#11 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

I dont need an indoor only cat. anyone need to get rid of some free fereal cats gimme a holler. Im not interested in paying, or adopting from a place like the spca. my last 3 experiences in a row is that they all died within a very short time- of cancer. Anyway, I need mousers and their meals will be supplemented with dry feed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users