163 replies to this topic

#31 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:15 PM

Yeah, I think he's going to enjoy it. I am purposely NOT going to spend any time riding the Road King for just that purpose. As far as I know, my Dyna is the perfect bike for me. I'd hate to learn otherwise and then have to yearn for a new bike that I can't afford!

#32 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(chris v @ Jun 21 2007, 02:58 PM) View Post
Lots of you guys have Harley's on here not really my thing, I like the vintage European and Japanese bikes myself, but this currently resides in my garage...

I like those euro and japanese bikes too...heck I'll ride any kinda bike. I envy you with nice vintage bikes, must be a blast working on and riding those.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#33 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE(chris v @ Jun 21 2007, 02:58 PM) View Post
Lots of you guys have Harley's on here not really my thing, I like the vintage European and Japanese bikes myself, but this currently resides in my garage...

that looks like a triumph meets sporty chrome beasty one of a kind - very nice! whats the status with that one? and hey, since you sold your bike which one are you riding these days?

#34 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(Orangetj @ Jun 21 2007, 04:15 PM) View Post
Yeah, I think he's going to enjoy it. I am purposely NOT going to spend any time riding the Road King for just that purpose. As far as I know, my Dyna is the perfect bike for me. I'd hate to learn otherwise and then have to yearn for a new bike that I can't afford!

laugh.gif

#35 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Jun 22 2007, 09:37 AM) View Post
The Sportster is my friends bike, it was an 883, now bored out to 1200, cams, pipes, everything. This will be an extremly fast bike when it's done. He still has to do the clutch, finish the seat/tailsection, some wiring. It is modeled after the 60's era cafe racers.

Looks great and it will definitely be very fast! People think the sporty is a starter bike, but its one of Harley's fastest most nimble bikes. Boring that out to a 1200 and turning it into a cafe racer is going to make that bike one helluva crotch rocket

#36 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Jun 22 2007, 09:37 AM) View Post
The Sportster is my friends bike, it was an 883, now bored out to 1200, cams, pipes, everything. This will be an extremly fast bike when it's done. He still has to do the clutch, finish the seat/tailsection, some wiring. It is modeled after the 60's era cafe racers.

Thanks for the info. The engine looks like it is from an 883R. It also looks like it is riding in the newer rubbermount Sportster frame, which should make it pretty smooth at speed. All in all, that is going to be a very sweet bike when it's complete.

#37 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE(davburr @ Jun 21 2007, 11:26 AM) View Post
hey Chris,

That CB350G project bike looks like fun, enjoyed viewing the pics on that forum. That is absolutely amazing that you found a brand new tank for it!

He is building that for ME! Although I think he will want to "keep" it himself when all is said and done.... if he ever finishes. whistle.gif

He is such a perfectionist, that it takes forever to do anything because he only uses the BEST parts and keeps looking for NOS (new old stock) parts!!! Like the tank!

But when it is done it is still for me wub.gif
<3

#38 Malibu_Adam

Malibu_Adam

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:43 AM

I've owned the following:

1999 Honda V-Star Classic
2002 Suzuki GSXR 1000
2002 Suzuki GSXR 750
2006 Yamaha R1

Im only 23 years old and have already taken 2 spills.. =\ I no longer own a bike, because i know i am dumb and fearless and will kill myself. =)

#39 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE(Malibu_Adam @ Jun 23 2007, 10:43 AM) View Post

2002 Suzuki GSXR 1000
2002 Suzuki GSXR 750
2006 Yamaha R1

Im only 23 years old and have already taken 2 spills.. =\ I no longer own a bike, because i know i am dumb and fearless and will kill myself. =)

I'm thinking that based on what you've said, you're not all that dumb.

#40 sharkysam1

sharkysam1

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:19 PM

Not many people know this, but Folsom is the birthplace of one of the largest dual sport motorcycle clubs in the United States. Gold Country Dual Sport Riders is a club started less than a year ago, and already has over 250 members. Our rides are held on the last Sunday of the month. Tomorrow, 6/24 is another ride up through the Gold Country above Auburn near Foresthill. A splinter group is planning on an all street ride from Foresthill to Georgetown. The rest of the group is heading out at 9:00 from the new Starbucks at the new Raleys.

If you have a Dual Sport motorcycle, you should definitely come along.

Check out our website at:

www.MyDualSport.com

Larry

#41 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE(Malibu_Adam @ Jun 23 2007, 10:43 AM) View Post

2002 Suzuki GSXR 1000
2002 Suzuki GSXR 750
2006 Yamaha R1

You're smart to recognize that Adam. Not too many riders ever realize that until its too late.
Fast bikes can be fun, but they're dangerous as all heck - and not meant for everyone. I had two good friends who thought they could ride, go out and buy those kinda bikes - they both crashed hard and were nearly killed. In each case if was their fault for riding too fast and also being idiots trying to show off.... thats the typical prob I see with newbie crotch rocket riders, they tend to try and show off which is fine.. IF they had the skill to do it safely, unfortunately the majority do not have the skill and they get hurt or killed... those types of accidents result due to their carelessness and ignorance.

I hate to say but I've seen way too many young guys go out and buy a crotch rocket without ever learning how to ride and they try to show off and end up getting into problems.

For ANYONE and EVERYONE who is considering riding a motorcycle or who is new to riding I highly recommend you take the time to take the MSF - Motorcycle Safety Foundation Riders Safety Course. This course is sanctioned by the DMV and counts as the driving portion of the motorcycle test.

Here is the information about it - if you plan to ride or are new to riding, please consider taking this course, you will become a better, more knowledgeable, safer rider if you do.

http://www.msf-usa.org/

To enhance the enjoyment of motorcycling, MSF recommends that riders:

* Get trained and licensed.
* Wear protective gear.
* Ride unimpaired.
* Ride within your limits.
* Be a lifelong learner.

http://www.msf-usa.o...&...out the MSF

#42 Suburban Pool Service

Suburban Pool Service

MyFolsom Pool Janitor

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Suburban Pool Service
    P.O. Box 1627
    Folsom, Ca 95763

Supplies /Weekly Service / Satisfaction

on the web at
    weservicepools.com

(916) 792-4836
    email service@suburbanpoolsupply.com

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:41 PM

To many bills and other responsibilities at hand right now, but if luck would have it I would love to have one of these as my "Weekend Warrior" rolleyes.gif

-Ryan
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
"Wow! What a Ride!"

weservicepools.com

#43 Twize

Twize

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:40 PM

Owned sports bikes prior to my current one.
1986 Yamaha FZ 600
1992 Yamaha FZR 750

Now have takin a liking to slowing it down a bit to more of a "cruising" mode wink.gif
Here's our 2007 Harley Davidson RoadKing Classic

#44 Allen

Allen

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Riding motorcycles and meeting motorcyclists, mountain biking, running the Folsom trails, digital photography, Geocaching (enjoy the link), cool technology gadgets, traveling anywhere and everywhere, good friends, music on my iPod.

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Jun 21 2007, 12:26 PM) View Post
..and Prairie City OHV Park is only a few miles away. That place is a dirt bike paradise.

Prairie City is a gem to Folsom. We are so lucky to live so close and it costs soooo little. For the fun value it is unbeatable! I took my friends and thier kids there I grabbed the camera, we packed up the trucks, loaded up the dirtbikes and ATV's and don't forget the cooler filled with cold drinks and sandwiches. What fun!

I took photos of the kids riding the track and look at my friends little girl Jessie getting some air on her dirt bike! She had a BLAST.....

Oh yeah, and a photo of BlackDeath, my favorite Harley-Davidson hardtail FXR

Enjoy!

#45 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 01:06 PM

It's been awhile since this thread has been used soooo.....

The wife, kid, and I rode almost all week. Some pics for you....

The first 4 are at my dads house on Thanksgiving...

These next ones are from El Dorado National Forest on the friday after Thanksgiving...

WAIT.... WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users