#1 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:46 PM

I'm looking forward to it.

I wonder how accurate this website is as to who will be on it?

Don't go here if you don't want to see potential spoiler information.

survivor-20-heroes-vs-villains-spoilers-cast-list-survivors-contestants
I would rather be Backpacking

#2 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:53 AM

found a new link that supposedly is who the teams actually are.

survivor-20-cast-list-revealed-heroes-vs-villains-survivors-contestants

#3 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

Most official update for the contestants on this season. (Sorry if this is a repeat of your information, Bill. I didn't click on your link.)

Heroes

Rupert Boneham: Pearl Islands (10th out), All-Stars (13th out)
James Clement: China (10th out), Micronesia (medically evacuated, 4th jury member)
Colby Donaldson: Australia (runner-up), all-stars (5th out)
Cirie Fields: Panama (12th out), Micronesia (15th out)
Jessica “Sugar” Kiper: Gabon (second runner-up)
Amanda Kimmel: China (second runner-up), Micronesia (runner-up)
Stephenie LaGrossa: Palau (10th out), Guatemala (runner-up)
JT Thomas: Tocantins (winner)
Tom Westman: Palau (winner)
Candace Woodcock: Cook Islands (13th out)

Villains

Tyson Apostol: Tocantins (8th out)
Randy Bailey: Gabon (11th out)
Sandra Diaz-Twine: Pearl Islands (winner)
Danielle DiLorenzo: Panama (runner-up)
Russell Hantz: Samoa (runner-up)
Rob Mariano: Marquesas (7th out), All-Stars (runner-up)
Jerri Manthey: Australia (8th out), All-Stars (7th out)
Parvati Shallow: Cook Islands (15th out), Micronesia (winner)
Benjamin “Coach” Wade: Tocantins (11th out)
Courtney Yates: China (runner-up)

Personally, I think there are too many "Big" personalities (on both sides) and this season could just end up being one big trainwreck. Alternately, it will be the best season since Season 2. Let's hope for the best.

It will definitely be interesting to see how well the "schticks" of many of these people hold up. Coach, Sugar, Russell, Tyson.... they all admitted (or claim anyway) that the way they are on Survivor is NOT AT ALL how they are in real life. Now that the general public (and their fellow competitors) know that, it will be interesting to see if they switch it up and try a different tactic.

I hope that Russell is the first one voted out. I would love to see James, Colby or Stephanie take it.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#4 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Jolene @ Jan 7 2010, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most official update for the contestants on this season. (Sorry if this is a repeat of your information, Bill. I didn't click on your link.)

<snip>

Personally, I think there are too many "Big" personalities (on both sides) and this season could just end up being one big trainwreck. Alternately, it will be the best season since Season 2. Let's hope for the best.

It will definitely be interesting to see how well the "schticks" of many of these people hold up. Coach, Sugar, Russell, Tyson.... they all admitted (or claim anyway) that the way they are on Survivor is NOT AT ALL how they are in real life. Now that the general public (and their fellow competitors) know that, it will be interesting to see if they switch it up and try a different tactic.

I hope that Russell is the first one voted out. I would love to see James, Colby or Stephanie take it.

No problem, I just checked and your list is 100% match to the link I found (my 2nd post).
It would be funny if Russell is voted out first, his EGO needs adjusting, but it might be better if he was to make it to the final 3 and then have no votes from the jury and lose to a "Sugar", or a Rupert or Colby. I would like to see Boston Rob booted out early as well. And Jerry Manthey.

In fact, just like happened to Stephanie on her first time, it would be sweet in my mind if the Villains lost every immunity challenge so only Russell made it to the merge and then was booted out first post merge.

#5 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:54 PM

Survivor 20 will be....glorious!!

honestly, it reminds me so much of a Star Trek episode pitting good against evil (remember Capt. Kirk teaming up with Abraham Lincoln?).

Awesome is my prediction. I suspect any college psychology professors will be assigning it for extra credit!

evilguy.gif evilguy.gif evilguy.gif evilguy.gif evilguy.gif
angel.gif angel.gif angel.gif angel.gif angel.gif angel.gif

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#6 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (4thgenFolsomite @ Jan 7 2010, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Survivor 20 will be....glorious!!

honestly, it reminds me so much of a Star Trek episode pitting good against evil (remember Capt. Kirk teaming up with Abraham Lincoln?).

Awesome is my prediction. I suspect any college psychology professors will be assigning it for extra credit!

evilguy.gif evilguy.gif evilguy.gif evilguy.gif evilguy.gif
angel.gif angel.gif angel.gif angel.gif angel.gif angel.gif

As you put the devils above the angels, are you predicting or hoping the villains trounce the heros?

Or is there no significance to your emoticon display? biggrin.gif

#7 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Jan 7 2010, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As you put the devils above the angels, are you predicting or hoping the villains trounce the heros?

Or is there no significance to your emoticon display? biggrin.gif

no significance. but I suppose the angels should be up above and the devils down below.

if this were star trek, then obviously good would win out over evil. however, much will be determined by the jury.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#8 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (4thgenFolsomite @ Jan 7 2010, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no significance. but I suppose the angels should be up above and the devils down below.

if this were star trek, then obviously good would win out over evil. however, much will be determined by the jury.

If evilguy.gif shoot.gif angel.gif then haaaaa.gif

If angel.gif shoot.gif evilguy.gif then sad.gif kboom.gif

#9 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:56 PM

Don't think I will even watch it. It will be a waste of time.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#10 B&G

B&G

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:27 AM

Any thoughts? Who would you of voted for? I'm not at all suprised that Russel did not win again. I forsee him turning this into his own reality show...
Great season this year!

#11 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (B&G @ May 17 2010, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any thoughts? Who would you of voted for? I'm not at all suprised that Russel did not win again. I forsee him turning this into his own reality show...
Great season this year!

I really enjoyed this season, and I'm glad Russell lost again. What's funny is, he doesn't get it. He's right, he plays a good game to make it to the end, but he's lost the concept, you have to be able to win over the jury. He thinks they should vote for him just because he played the game of backstabbing so well, but the last laugh is on them, they get to stab him right back with no votes. He's such an egomaniac it is pathetic. Clear case of the Napoleon syndrome. I bet if Colby would have won that final immunity challenge, he probably would have won the million.

Anyway, I'm glad to see they aren't calling it quits (I feared they might want to go out with a bang and make this their last season), so it's time for a new group of Amateurs to play.

#12 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:26 AM

Ah Survivor, my long-time guilty pleasure. The settings are interchangeable and the cast fades from memory immediately following the closing credits, but I'll admit I've seen every single one.

#13 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:30 AM

At least the people that voted got it right and gave Russell the $100,000 that he deserves for making a show out of this mess.

Great job Russell. He made the show...
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#14 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (c_vanderveen @ May 17 2010, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah Survivor, my long-time guilty pleasure. The settings are interchangeable and the cast fades from memory immediately following the closing credits, but I'll admit I've seen every single one.

withstupidsmiley.gif I love the psychological aspects, which is why this season was one of the best in a long time. Some episodes were like watching two Generals plan an attack and try to figure out what the other is planning to do. Russell was a genius at this. Hell, he could even think like a producer and figure out where immunity idols were hidden without a clue! And his ability to get people to follow him was amazing. It was like a documentary on how a dictator is able to rule millions without them rising-up against him.

Too bad he fails to understand why they designed the game with a jury. Without it, the manipulative bully that is a master at mind-games would win every season.

But come on... Sandra has won twice now?!?!? Weak.

Oh gawd... did I just post an analysis of Survivor? [Hangs head in shame] beaker.gif
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#15 JLS

JLS

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:53 AM

Russell makes the season interesting but he is horrible, HORRIBLE at the game. If he didn't learn his lesson off the first survivor then why the heck not in the second?

Of course he's gonna make it to the end, he's the best candidate for anybody to sit next too as they all know nobody will vote for him on the jury.

The main part of survivor and the part that makes it so unique is that you have to deceive all the other players but in a way that still makes them vote for you in the end. Not one person votes for russell. Not 1 single person. Thats not a good player of Survivor... that's just a bully getting to the end of the show so that another person could win.

Russell needs his own show. A game about playing hide and seek while lying and bullying along the way. That's not survivor but it's what he is good at. I just hope it doesn't have any challenges in it as he sucks big time at them.

In my mind I wanted Parv to win since I thought she was now the best player ever. She outwits, outlasts, and outplays! Unlike Russell. Although she didn't win and Sandra did and you know what... like it or not... she won Survivor! Twice! Nobody else has played 2 games and won 2 games. You really can't argue that as it's that simple. Although I look forward to somebody else winning 2 games like that too so we can shut her up wink.gif

Rob was my favorite and I thought the season was over once he left but you know what... it was still the best season of all time IMO. Right to the finish...
LearnShootInspire.com
Learn Shoot Inspire on Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users