203 replies to this topic

#31 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(Al Waysrite @ Jan 3 2007, 03:04 PM) View Post
I stand corrected. I still won't stand for them in my neighborhood though. Nor do I want Mylo there.

Hey now Al, thats not very Christian like of you tongue.gif Where's the love for Mylo? laugh.gif

and as CW68 noted, he may already be in your 'hood, Mylo now owns a castle

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#32 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(davburr @ Jan 3 2007, 03:38 PM) View Post
and as CW68 noted, he may already be in your hood

#33 Al Waysrite

Al Waysrite

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(davburr @ Jan 3 2007, 03:38 PM) View Post
Hey now Al, thats not very Christian like of you tongue.gif Where's the love for Mylo? laugh.gif

and as CW68 noted, he may already be in your hood, Mylo has now owns a castle

Our CCR's have a "no one named mylo clause"
We also have a "no bikers clause" and a "no Chicago Bears fans" clause.
I'm trying to get a "no one I've not approved of in advance" clause.

#34 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:53 PM

you can bet the low income homes for "those people" will go in the neighborhood with the least amount of what they call on the soprano's "juice"

somebody said once "he who has the gold makes the rules" when it comes to city government decisions the rule is "don't make the man who has the gold mad"

and that as old Baretta said , is the name of that tune.

#35 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:02 PM

"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#36 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:50 PM

To CW, I said, "Most of u are up to your eyeballs in debt." By the way, what's wrong with saying that?
The rest of this comment is for all....IN addition, to the good Christians out there just remember...."The meek will inherit the earth..." And yes, u do live in a bubble...It's called America.......So, since Americans have trouble dispersing the rich....40% of all wealth is controlled by 1 percent of the population, maybe u can disperse Folsom's poorest and most vulnerable by letting them just have group homes in your neighborhood???? Isn't having an apt. of homeless people segregated enough (sarcasm).....
Oh, I forgot, people in Folsom think they are set just because they can pay their mortgage and bills on time.....Most of us, if we admit are a few paychecks or an illness away from total catastrophe ourselves......Obviously, u think homelessness and mental illnesses are character flaws and not real health issues.....Yes, there are homeless people that made bad decisions and are druggies and losers, but not all are...In fact, most are truly sick and need resources....I understand Folsomites wanting to keep the area safe, but why not just ask for those stipulations to be included with the housing....There could be a system that integrates these people into society instead of excluding them....There should be checks/balances to the proposed housing etc.....
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#37 Duke

Duke

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(old soldier @ Jan 3 2007, 03:53 PM) View Post
you can bet the low income homes for "those people" will go in the neighborhood with the least amount of what they call on the soprano's "juice"
somebody said once "he who has the gold makes the rules" when it comes to city government decisions the rule is "don't make the man who has the gold mad"

You bet. No one-- no matter how caring they are-- want a section 8 subsidized apartment complex next to the 500k or 600k home they've worked hard to own. And why the heck should low income folks be "entitled" to live in $500k-600k neighborhoods? What's wrong with placing folks in subsidized apartment complexes within working class neighborhoods? Hell, our military folks live in more frugal environments and are certainly able to thrive and move into successful careers.

#38 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE(Duke @ Jan 3 2007, 07:55 PM) View Post
You bet. No one-- no matter how caring they are-- want a section 8 subsidized apartment complex next to the 500k or 600k home they've worked hard to own. And why the heck should low income folks be "entitled" to live in $500k-600k neighborhoods? What's wrong with placing folks in subsidized apartment complexes within working class neighborhoods? Hell, our military folks live in more frugal environments and are certainly able to thrive and move into successful careers.

blink.gif
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#39 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE(Orangetj @ Jan 3 2007, 07:55 PM) View Post
I'm not Al's statement above is entirely accurate. It's also a bit of a misperception that Historic District homes have lower values than those in most/all other neighborhoods. A quick search of Metrolistmls.com shows 7 homes for sale in the Historic District with a range from $329,000 to $715,000 for homes from 1348 s.f. to 2886 s.f.. The average list price is $495,000 and the median is $499,000. Price per s.f. averages out to $268. This appears to be in line with the rest of town and is, in fact, more expensive per s.f. than homes in many of the other neighborhoods in Folsom.

Price per sq. foot is NOT an accurate way to determine value of an property. If you know an appraiser they will tell you so. AND Al's statement is somewhat true .... Property values would be higher if there were less rentals , some less traffic and similar things.

#40 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE(stacycam @ Jan 3 2007, 10:14 AM) View Post
Hopefully this question isn't TOO ignorant, because I haven't really been following the "affordable housing' issue. Is there affordable housing in EDH? What about Rocklin/Stanford Ranch?

Affordable housing is an issue for incorporated cities and separately for unincorporated county areas. Most cities are NOT in compliance with state mandates for affordable housing plans. Therefore, El Dorado Hills' affordable housing is an issue for El Dorado County since EDH is not an incorporated city. El Dorado County probably meets affordable housing mandates because of the large range and geographic area (all the way to Lake Tahoe). As for Rocklin, the original neighborhoods of the incorporated area of Rockin probably made up the bulk of their affordable housing. Stanford Ranch is part of the incorporated city of Rocklin, so its affordable housing requirements can be met anywhere within the city limits.

Hope this explains the affordable housing question.

#41 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(old soldier @ Jan 3 2007, 03:53 PM) View Post

Old soldier, you are soooo right!

Hopefully, if enough get exposed to what has happened and is happening, then, MAYBE, FINALLY enough citizens will band together to make a change.

But as the other old saying goes..."You can't fight City Hall and all those who have their hand in the till"

Where oh where is that investigative reporter when you need one?

#42 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE(Terry @ Jan 3 2007, 09:58 PM) View Post
Affordable housing is an issue for incorporated cities and separately for unincorporated county areas. Most cities are NOT in compliance with state mandates for affordable housing plans. Therefore, El Dorado Hills' affordable housing is an issue for El Dorado County since EDH is not an incorporated city. El Dorado County probably meets affordable housing mandates because of the large range and geographic area (all the way to Lake Tahoe). As for Rocklin, the original neighborhoods of the incorporated area of Rockin probably made up the bulk of their affordable housing. Stanford Ranch is part of the incorporated city of Rocklin, so its affordable housing requirements can be met anywhere within the city limits.

Hope this explains the affordable housing question.

Here's a link to the State's current report on cities/counties that are in or out of compliance with affordable housing plans.

#43 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE(Redone @ Jan 3 2007, 09:26 PM) View Post
Price per sq. foot is NOT an accurate way to determine value of an property. If you know an appraiser they will tell you so. AND Al's statement is somewhat true .... Property values would be higher if there were less rentals , some less traffic and similar things.

I don't claim to be any kind of expert with regards to real estate, but price per s.f. seems a reasonable measure of a home's value to me. It would seem to me that undesireable homes would be worth less per s.f. than desireable homes. Even if that is not an accurate way to determine value, listing price ought to be a good indication. The homes in the H.D. carry an average price that's in line with the average prices of other homes in town. How does that equate to them somehow being worth less than homes in other areas? What's the definition of "worth"?

I don't doubt that property values would be higher if there were less traffic, less rentals, etc., but that doesn't change the fact that the values are already in line with the rest of the city.

#44 Kirah

Kirah

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 06:59 PM

All,

I need info on when, where and what we can do to protest this. It is time to get organized. Please post if you know.

#45 Cookie

Cookie

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:31 PM

How much affordable housing is there in ARC?
Country First:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users