41 replies to this topic

#1 jagayman

jagayman

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:02 PM

Last night, two women walked up our street and proceeded to destroy a good deal of our light display. They pulled out cords, individual light bulbs, and broke into our charity collection box for Make-A-Wish -- we collect the money after each show so all they got was some loose change. Most of the damage is repairable, but it is frustrating to no end.

Well, the women didn't pick a good house because we have a number of cameras focused on the display just for such an occasion. I'm hoping someone can ID the culprits and report them. The Folsom PD has already been by this morning so any information can be sent to Margaret Daniero (916) 355-7230.

Video of the cameras is on www.folsomlights.com. I also have some stills from the videos posted there. I'll post a couple here in case someone knows who they are.

Thanks!
Jason
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Jason Gayman
Folsom Weather Webmaster

#2 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:10 PM

Very sorry to hear those punks destroyed your light display.

Those are good pictures - they should be easy to catch.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#3 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:11 PM

Wow I'm sure the parents of these girls will be really proud once they are caught. What an awful thing to do.

Do you think it was random or do you have a son or daughter that they may hold a grudge against?? I know kids will TP a house and such so maybe this was the only alternative they had at the time for their "fun."

#4 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:16 PM

Sorry I don't know who the girls are, but what they did is just AWFUL! Merry Christmas and thanks for all of your time, expense, etc. to provide a great light show.

#5 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:26 PM

I don't recognize the girls either, but they do look to be high school age. If the cops don't get 'em before school starts back up, you may want to take the pictures to the local high schools and see if the Principal or any of the administrators recognize them. maybe they would post the pictures in a teacher breakroom.

And yes, thanks for putting up such a wonderful display as well as a great folsom weather website.
I would rather be Backpacking

#6 jagayman

jagayman

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:27 PM

Wow I'm sure the parents of these girls will be really proud once they are caught. What an awful thing to do.

Do you think it was random or do you have a son or daughter that they may hold a grudge against?? I know kids will TP a house and such so maybe this was the only alternative they had at the time for their "fun."

Unless our 8-month-old daughter pissed off one of the younger siblings at child care, I don't think so. But there was a big teenage party busted up down the street from us two nights ago so maybe they thought we were involved somehow.
Jason Gayman
Folsom Weather Webmaster

#7 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

Unless our 8-month-old daughter pissed off one of the younger siblings at child care, I don't think so. But there was a big teenage party busted up down the street from us two nights ago so maybe they thought we were involved somehow.

I'd walk the pics to that house, seems like a logical place to start.

#8 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:03 PM

Posted on the front page... good work on the grinch-cam!

#9 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:38 PM

Posted on the front page... good work on the grinch-cam!

Nice job posting it on your front page.
I would rather be Backpacking

#10 gm2005

gm2005

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

Don't know the kids sorry. But we saw your display this last Sunday and it was great. Sorry to hear this happened.
when they get cought, I think you should request that part of their punishement be that they have to volunteer for Make-a-Wish foundation, and actually somehow work with the kids.

#11 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:36 PM

one looks like one of those summa wreslers, you might check and see if there is a school around

#12 jagayman

jagayman

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:46 PM

Channels 3, 10, and 13 are here and have been running this story with the pics and videos. Won't take too long for them to be caught.

Good news is that everything is back up and running again. Couple broken bulbs, one missing tree topper, and a lot of plugs that needed to be plugged back in. Luckily the weather cooperated today.
Jason Gayman
Folsom Weather Webmaster

#13 knittychick

knittychick

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

I sure don’t understand their mindset. I hope they catch the girls and sentence them to many hours of service in perhaps the burn unit at Shriners or any pediatric cancer center to meet kids that could be beneficiaries of Make-A-Wish funds. Maybe that would wake them up – talk about misguided.
"Peace is always beautiful." - Walt Whitman

#14 DavidH

DavidH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

I sure don’t understand their mindset. I hope they catch the girls and sentence them to many hours of service in perhaps the burn unit at Shriners or any pediatric cancer center to meet kids that could be beneficiaries of Make-A-Wish funds. Maybe that would wake them up – talk about misguided.

My thoughts exactly! A few hundred hours at Shriners would defintely open their eyes.

#15 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:05 PM

Saw your great light display when I was giving my son's friend a ride home last week. That sucks it was ruined and money stolen from Make a Wish.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users