9 replies to this topic

#1 Tas Cammara

Tas Cammara

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:15 AM

It appears that Fireside Burgers is a hit. I've been there two times and both times had a long line. The stressful part of our visits was worrying about getting a table by the time our order was ready. The burgers and fries were great and the shakes are good size, larger than most. We had some mixed up orders but that is to be expected with any new business.
The only critique I have is that the staff could be a bit more friendly and they need to add better beer on tap.

I can't wait for Relish Burger to come because it is affiliated with Bidwell Street Bistro and their burgers are awesome.

#2 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

Thanks for letting us know the place is now open. Seen them working in there the few times we have gone to the movies or other restaurant.

And you are right the BSB makes a pretty good burger.

#3 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

Had lunch at fireside. Not overly impressed. $10 bucks for a reasonable burger that was mostly cold and unmelted cheese. The "secret sauce" being ketchup and mustard and it took forever.

I'll probably go back, but not going out of my way for it.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#4 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:51 PM

We went to the new Americano Grill which is right across from Fireside a few weeks ago. We enjoyed it very much. They offer several different meats on a stick, prepared in several different styles. Portions were not huge so it's great for a pre or post movie snack.

http://www.americanogrill.net/

#5 s0479

s0479

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (MrsTuffPaws @ Jan 29 2010, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We went to the new Americano Grill which is right across from Fireside a few weeks ago. We enjoyed it very much. They offer several different meats on a stick, prepared in several different styles. Portions were not huge so it's great for a pre or post movie snack.

http://www.americanogrill.net/

My daughter and I went there for dinner tonight. It was very good and we definitely will be back.

#6 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (s0479 @ Jan 29 2010, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My daughter and I went there for dinner tonight. It was very good and we definitely will be back.

that place looks really good and the prices are nice as well

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#7 Off The 50

Off The 50

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:45 PM

The burgers we had were good, but for the price I'd rather have IN-N-Out. Fireside should put napkins on the table too...I hate getting up to get more. The music was loud as well. I'm not a Lady Gaga fan and don't need to hear it while eating.

I'm glad I tried Fireside, but will be in no hurry to get back.

#8 Tas Cammara

Tas Cammara

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:06 PM

I have been back a few times and was not impresed with the incorrect orders again and the cook not wearing an apron and watching him wipe his nose and cook right after without a hand washing. Also, one thing that really put me off was, listening to the 3 or 4 workers at the register capping (putting down)on the kabob business across the way and they were not quiet about it.
They need some mature supervision in there quick!

IN-N-Out is great, but it is a trip on the freeway...I'll wait for Relish Burger.

#9 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (Tas Cammara @ Mar 15 2010, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been back a few times and was not impresed with the incorrect orders again and the cook not wearing an apron and watching him wipe his nose and cook right after without a hand washing. Also, one thing that really put me off was, listening to the 3 or 4 workers at the register capping (putting down)on the kabob business across the way and they were not quiet about it.
They need some mature supervision in there quick!

IN-N-Out is great, but it is a trip on the freeway...I'll wait for Relish Burger.

Seen ads and interview dates for Relish but haven't found a target opening date yet. Should be good as BSB burgers are great although a pricey.

#10 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

We tried Fireside last weekend. It was good, but they did mess-up our order and the table next to ours. Everything was correct on the receipt, but it seems like the person bringing out the food has a tendency to bring the wrong stuff to the wrong table. They also put the side of fries on my kids meal not the adult meal (which was a smaller portion, too).

Other than that, it was pretty good. I don't think it was good enough for the price, though. Too many other burger options in that price range and below. It's probably not their fault. I bet the rent in that center is high!
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users