17 replies to this topic

#1 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:13 PM

George Will has left the Republican Party and is urging other Conservatives to do the same and vote for someone other than Trump in 2020.  Will has been a very conservative commentator for many years and this is a HUGE change. 

http://start.att.net..._conserva-rtime

#2 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:29 PM

Steve Schmidt, too, the Campaign Manager for John McCain.

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#3 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:43 PM

George Will has left the Republican Party and is urging other Conservatives to do the same and vote for someone other than Trump in 2020.  Will has been a very conservative commentator for many years and this is a HUGE change. 

Will called Paul Ryan one of the president's "poodles".  The rats are leaving the ship because the stench is so bad, even for a rat.

#4 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:44 AM

A lot of other rats are leaving the ship too.

As of today:

3 incumbent republican senators will not run for re-election in 2018. 

37 incumbent republican congressmen will not run for re-election in 2018.

It's likely the majority of these will be replaced by female democrats.  Time for the old white guys to step aside and let someone else try to fix this mess.  

It's terrifying for the Trump cult members that the old white guy network is crumbling.  It'll be even more terrifying when they discover that by 2035, white people will become a minority in the United States.  

Folks, we're turning brown.  Get used to it.

#5 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:58 AM

YAWN.. FAKE NEWS.. George Will? Schmidt? McCain?  :lol:  You oldsters are funny.. sitting around all day yapping about Trump like a bunch of old ladies. You need to get a life or a hobby.. or go play Bingo. Those guys were never true Republicans.. they were always establishment slaves and RINOs... the fact that you ladies didn't know that doesn't surprise me at all. In addition, George Will has to do what his MSM network TELLS HIM to do. That's why it's FAKE NEWS. Trump's supporters are not going to desert him.. dream on. Who's your candidate? (Hint: you Libs don't have a viable one who can beat Trump.. and THAT is the bottom line.. and THAT is why you're crying like old, stuck pigs every day!) :lol:

e75bf159bbbab03a2a2d92cfbd883a94.jpg

#6 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:53 AM

Well good for them, a free country....!  We'll let those two go as pay back for you guys giving us Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump.  Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#7 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:57 AM

Trump was never a conservative by the traditional measure. He was a Democrat for many years.   The entire Republican party is no longer conservative. It doesn't surprise me that Will is encouraging voting for true conservative candidates.  Nor does it surprise me that Schmidt is going Dem as he was supporting a rino anyway.  But don't lump the two in together. 

It's not like the dems aren't doing the same thing. They have eschewed traditional liberalism for leftism.  Try to get a moderate dem support from the dem party. Not gonna happen... unless he is running in a split district, then he will run as a moderate to beat a Republican (regardless of his actual policies).

Both parties are disasters right now. The Reps can't decide what they stand for, and the Dems are being driven farther and farther out of the mainstream by the fringe.  A pox on both their houses.  Both parties like to steal money from future generations to dole out to their favored benefactors. Both parties love big government. And both parties want far too much control over our lives.  Neither one has many intelligent, thoughtful Congresspeople.  Both have a ton of posturing ignoramuses that offer nothing to governance.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#8 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:05 AM

"Trump was never a conservative by the traditional measure. He was a Democrat for many years.   The entire Republican party is no longer conservative. It doesn't surprise me that Will is encouraging voting for true conservative candidates.  Nor does it surprise me that Schmidt is going Dem as he was supporting a rino anyway.  But don't lump the two in together. 

It's not like the dems aren't doing the same thing. They have eschewed traditional liberalism for leftism.  Try to get a moderate dem support from the dem party. Not gonna happen... unless he is running in a split district, then he will run as a moderate to beat a Republican (regardless of his actual policies).

Both parties are disasters right now. The Reps can't decide what they stand for, and the Dems are being driven farther and farther out of the mainstream by the fringe.  A pox on both their houses.  Both parties like to steal money from future generations to dole out to their favored benefactors. Both parties love big government. And both parties want far too much control over our lives.  Neither one has many intelligent, thoughtful Congresspeople.  Both have a ton of posturing ignoramuses that offer nothing to governance."

Now here is a post I can agree with!!!

#9 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:14 AM

Both parties like to steal money from future generations to dole out to their favored benefactors. Both parties love big government. And both parties want far too much control over our lives.

Yeah, but one party, the Dems, are far and away worse than Reps.  How do I know that? Because Dems actually *campaign* on it and verbalize it!! They *double-down* on it!

#10 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:32 AM

Trump was never a conservative by the traditional measure. He was a Democrat for many years.   The entire Republican party is no longer conservative. It doesn't surprise me that Will is encouraging voting for true conservative candidates.  Nor does it surprise me that Schmidt is going Dem as he was supporting a rino anyway.  But don't lump the two in together. 

Both parties are disasters right now. The Reps can't decide what they stand for, and the Dems are being driven farther and farther out of the mainstream by the fringe.  A pox on both their houses.  Both parties like to steal money from future generations to dole out to their favored benefactors. Both parties love big government. And both parties want far too much control over our lives.  Neither one has many intelligent, thoughtful Congresspeople.  Both have a ton of posturing ignoramuses that offer nothing to governance.

You are correct.  It's an illustration of the "Politicians' Paradox":

ANYONE SMART ENOUGH TO BE AN EFFECTIVE POLITICIAN IS ALSO SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW THEY DON'T WANT THE JOB  

The result is we get a long line of mediocrity in government.  The current situation illustrates it perfectly.    

#11 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:34 AM

THIS is the face of the Democrat Party... Corruption!!

hilmil.jpg

#12 Rose White

Rose White

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:28 PM

There just maybe a new party formed in the future. As for myself, I'm sick of politics as usual from both parties.

I think both parties have hurt America for decades, because all they really care about is winning the next election...not what will help Americans. It seems both parties have only looked at winning the election with money signs in their eyes. Representing the people has been the last thing on their minds.

#13 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:26 PM

True. The National Committees for both parties push their members into continuous "fund raising."

Some estimates are that 80% of legislator's time is spent in fund raising, not legislation or research.

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#14 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:33 PM

There just maybe a new party formed in the future. As for myself, I'm sick of politics as usual from both parties.

I think both parties have hurt America for decades, because all they really care about is winning the next election...not what will help Americans. It seems both parties have only looked at winning the election with money signs in their eyes. Representing the people has been the last thing on their minds.

And here's another sobering fact - 46% of Americans have rejected either the democrat or republican parties and have registered as independent.  

Yet, how many members of congress are independents?   ONLY TWO, both senators.  None in the House.  Lack of representation?  We got it big time.

#15 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:24 PM

"Trump was never a conservative by the traditional measure. He was a Democrat for many years.   The entire Republican party is no longer conservative. It doesn't surprise me that Will is encouraging voting for true conservative candidates.  Nor does it surprise me that Schmidt is going Dem as he was supporting a rino anyway.  But don't lump the two in together. 

Both parties are disasters right now. The Reps can't decide what they stand for, and the Dems are being driven farther and farther out of the mainstream by the fringe.  A pox on both their houses.  Both parties like to steal money from future generations to dole out to their favored benefactors. Both parties love big government. And both parties want far too much control over our lives.  Neither one has many intelligent, thoughtful Congresspeople.  Both have a ton of posturing ignoramuses that offer nothing to governance."

Now here is a post I can agree with!!!

You and me too FB....!   Well articulated Joe....!   Chris

True. The National Committees for both parties push their members into continuous "fund raising."

Some estimates are that 80% of legislator's time is spent in fund raising, not legislation or research.

Agreed, and I would love to hear your thoughts on the "Clinton Foundation"....!   Would love to hear anybody's thoughts on that, seems no journalist will go after them, Who_dem, Golden opportunity for you....!   Maybe just keep a good life insurance policy up to date if you do....?   Just saying.....   Lots of dead people there, when they go there.....   The Clintons that is....   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users