39 replies to this topic

#1 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

Got word that our Soccer fund raiser pancake breakfast was cancelled due to String's losing their lease. I guess they'll be moving somewhere into the new Raley's center.

In these times what landlord wouldn't negotiate to keep a business in their space? I just don't get it!

They should do well in the new location but I imagine the rent may be quite a bit higher.

#2 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

oh no!!! that is going to be a hard move for them. which center is the new raleys center? the one on blue ravine and Natoma or the one by the aquatic center?
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#3 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:23 AM

New Raley's = Blue Ravine and E. Natoma.

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

I wonder how that is going to work out with Fornotino also being in that center. I've never been there.
Are they a similar restaurant?

#5 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

It would be great if that could have moved over by Broadstone or even in north Folsom by Vic's.

#6 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

Have they already closed? If not when will it be. We will need
to go back over for dinner prior to their closing. It is a great
place and they have done a lot for the Folsom community.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#7 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

Have they already closed? If not when will it be. We will need
to go back over for dinner prior to their closing. It is a great
place and they have done a lot for the Folsom community.

Update said effective as of June 15 so today is probably the last day.

#8 sasilou

sasilou

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

Wow, I can imagine what the rent must run in that shopping center..I've never been to strings but I hope they will be successful...

#9 carnivore

carnivore

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:cooking, eating, restaurant touring

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

I had lunch at Strings last week, and Brian told me that will be leaving this location and relocating in the space occupied by Fornotino now. Fornotino is a spin off of the Strings chain and I don't think they have done very well there. The space is considerably smaller but as Brian stated their present location is hardly ever full due to the location. I know they will much better in the newer and more trafficked location, oh and a plus.. well at least for me is they will be very close to my house.. Happy Fathers day to all of you fathers out there...

#10 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

I had lunch at Strings last week, and Brian told me that will be leaving this location and relocating in the space occupied by Fornotino now. Fornotino is a spin off of the Strings chain and I don't think they have done very well there. The space is considerably smaller but as Brian stated their present location is hardly ever full due to the location. I know they will much better in the newer and more trafficked location, oh and a plus.. well at least for me is they will be very close to my house.. Happy Fathers day to all of you fathers out there...

okay, that sounds good. we will follow them wherever they go! Love strings. the salmon with pasta is a great dinner and I love their salad and soup too! look forward to seeing them soon.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#11 giacomo

giacomo

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, goof friends traveling to Hawaii, soccer, 70's/80's music, , Lake Tahoe

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

Spoke with Brian this afternoon. Strings will have dinner service tonight and Saturday night and beginning Sunday, Fathers Day, be closed for a few weeks for their move to the new Raley's shopping center. If you have absolutely nothing going on for Sunday and want to help move heavy cooking equipment, Brian would welcome the help

#12 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

Thanks for the info. I didn't know they were affiliated.
We are sad to see Strings leave this side of town, but we wish them well in their new location.

#13 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

Yet another restaurant leaving this side of town and from the same center. Heard Red Robin is leaving for Palladio.
Wonder if there are some big plans for that whole corner since the school district is also selling their adjoining properties.

#14 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

Yet another restaurant leaving this side of town and from the same center. Heard Red Robin is leaving for Palladio.
Wonder if there are some big plans for that whole corner since the school district is also selling their adjoining properties.

The plan for that area is, sadly, emptiness.

#15 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

The plan for that area is, sadly, emptiness.

You really think so? Maybe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users