3 replies to this topic

#1 Farley

Farley

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:12 AM

In a unanimous decision late Wednesday, the Roseville City Council voted to put a daytime curfew into place in an effort to stop students from skipping school.

The curfew means students caught loitering on school days can face fines from $25 to $100.

"I guess it is a good idea because kids will probably stay in school more, but I don't know if it is the right way to go about it because not everyone could pay," student Rodney Gorum said.

Those who opposed the ordinance argued that the fines will ultimately fall to the parents.

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:20 AM

I believe that Santa Clara had this in effect while I lived there from 1983 - 2000.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 doug72

doug72

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:27 AM

If this keeps the punks, thugs, and losers in school instead of wreaking havoc, then I'm all for it...

#4 benning

benning

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:39 AM

Yeah, that's where the punks, thugs and losers belong...sitting right next to my daughter in school.
"L'essential est invisible pour les yeux."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users