Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:33 AM

Here's a tidbit from a local group which perhaps belongs on facebook Telegraph:

...'

Quote of Telegraph's manager, Bill Sullivan:

"Last week we shared a video of the current progress taking place in south of Highway 50, also known as Folsom Ranch. The video was filmed by a talented local videographer with a drone and gave us a perspective that many not yet had. It clearly illustrated the massive work that is already taking place to the much talked about development.
        Not long after the video was posted, we reviewed the responses on the Telegraph’s Facebook page.  While one lone comment praised the videographer for his great work, the majority of the others were nothing more than derogatory comments in opposition of the project. Some of the comments had to be removed due to profanity and personal attacks. One poster even criticized the Telegraph for posting the already public video, as if we were responsible for the project so many love to hate."

He seems bitter/unaware the State Waterboard investigators demanded Folsom provide PROOF city has a "non-American River" water source for all of South of 50.   City sent back to State hundreds of pages of legalese nonsense, and ancient "private water agreements."   Waterboard will obviously have to prevent theft of our water, and the pollution of American River with city & Folsom 3 prisons' raw sewage.

Mr. Sullivan appears to need a fuller reading of the City Charter law about South of 50 Non-American River Water Supply -- and to cover it in print IMO.

Folsom is currently expanding Water Treatment Plant on Natoma St., building more water pipes to south of Highway 50, and budgeted for the water tunnel UNDER highway 50 ---   don't you think this indicates American River water is being stolen for S50 Folsom, despite City Charter law, Measure W, and State Waterboards investigation?   They were sent city Resolutions and Budget line items showing this.

Extra:
        FYI city budgeted for all S50 raw sewage  (area being built) to be transported overland to Prairie City Rd.,  UNDER Highway 50, pumped up to the existing full 33" sewage line at Intel (North of 50).   The 33" goes into 27" pipe adjacent to American River.   City said S50 would have a brand new separate large sewage pipe SOUTH of Highway 50.    Hmmmmm.

#2 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:53 PM

So, what's your point...?   Can never figure out what the heck you are talking about....!  Other than you are mad at the city for some reason and want to stop all progress and anybody else moving here now that you are here in your nice home.  Question:  Where do our kids move...?   Do they get to own a home somewhere here in Folsom too....?   To raise their kids and get to watch them grow up, go to good schools and play on great soccer fields and baseball diamonds...?  

1A - 2A = -1A

#3 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:13 PM

So, what's your point...?   Can never figure out what the heck you are talking about....!  Other than you are mad at the city for some reason and want to stop all progress and anybody else moving here now that you are here in your nice home.  Question:  Where do our kids move...?   Do they get to own a home somewhere here in Folsom too....?   To raise their kids and get to watch them grow up, go to good schools and play on great soccer fields and baseball diamonds...?

Not to Maestros point, but more to yours...following that logic is how Los Angeles and San Jose because sprawl that people fled to places like Folsom.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#4 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:39 AM

Not to Maestros point, but more to yours...following that logic is how Los Angeles and San Jose because sprawl that people fled to places like Folsom.

Again I ask, where do your children and grandchildren get to live in the future....?   Folsom is a pretty well planned city and they do a good job blending parkland, trails, and homes together.  Better than most cities I have seen.  If you and Maestro get your "NIMBY" way good housing becomes unaffordable and quality of life goes down for others, others who are not as fortunate as you and I to already live here.  Think about it.   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#5 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:59 AM

Oh, almost forgot....   Another good question is how much money Nancy Pelosi, her husband, Phil Angelides, Tsakopoulos, and all the other democrats are gonna make off of South of 50....?   I bet even Feinstein and Blum are in on that one too...?   That story is never even approached by the MSM except for one article in the SacBee that disappeared quickly......   Wonder why...?   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#6 ghost35me

ghost35me

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

I moved to the area precisely because I was tired of the zoo that is SF/SJ.  I hate the crowds, the traffic, and everything that goes with it.  We chose this area because it's conservative leaning (as CA goes) and because it's more suburban / rural.  If I wanted sprawl, I could have stayed in SJ.

Population growth in CA? Fine. Let them live anywhere that accepts sprawl.  Don't want it here.  It's not a case of NIMBY.  I want a place without sprawl.

That being said, I will leave this area as soon as possible.  CA has become politically and socially insane.  It can shove its idiot taxes, laws, sanctuary and social justice where ever the sun doesn't shine.  I hope that after a few more GOP terms, CA does secede and good riddance.  America will be better without CA.

#7 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:20 PM

Again I ask, where do your children and grandchildren get to live in the future....?   Folsom is a pretty well planned city and they do a good job blending parkland, trails, and homes together.  Better than most cities I have seen.  If you and Maestro get your "NIMBY" way good housing becomes unaffordable and quality of life goes down for others, others who are not as fortunate as you and I to already live here.  Think about it.   Chris

you can label me as a NIMBY, but can you tell me at what point you draw the line?  sprawl is, as you mention in your second post, drive by profit, not by need.  There are houses in the region that available for sale.  I think the home values are high and Folsom is in high demand because of the local open space assets, in addition to the other reasons (i.e. good schools, low crime rates, proximity of jobs).  however, most people who live here now will probably already find that their children and grandchildren can't afford to buy here now or in the future.  so who is benefiting really?  sprawl is nearly unavoidable unless a county faces its water restrictions (like much of El Dorado County).  I have no desire to debate this with you because its a mindset, not a real discussion.  we will just have to disagree.  I will continue to be saddened by the development into the beautiful open space and oak forest south of highway 50. 

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#8 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:59 PM

you can label me as a NIMBY, but can you tell me at what point you draw the line?  sprawl is, as you mention in your second post, drive by profit, not by need.  There are houses in the region that available for sale.  I think the home values are high and Folsom is in high demand because of the local open space assets, in addition to the other reasons (i.e. good schools, low crime rates, proximity of jobs).  however, most people who live here now will probably already find that their children and grandchildren can't afford to buy here now or in the future.  so who is benefiting really?  sprawl is nearly unavoidable unless a county faces its water restrictions (like much of El Dorado County).  I have no desire to debate this with you because its a mindset, not a real discussion.  we will just have to disagree.  I will continue to be saddened by the development into the beautiful open space and oak forest south of highway 50. 

Yes and you can thank democrats, Pelosi, Angelides, and TsakopoulosT, and maybe even our ex mayor Miklos maybe, for making money, big money.  This is what journalists should be delving into, this crime of land re-zoning by big buck liberals....!  But no, not a story, one from the Sac Bee years ago and then it went cold.   I am sure somebody got "talked to" in the news room for that faux pas....!   Buying massive tracts of "agricultural and grazing" land and getting it changed to "residential" and "commercial" by some miracle....?  Yep, and you have no "desire" to debate me because you, the democrats, the liberals, the progressives are the ones actually making bank on this....!   The ones you have been voting for religiously democrat have brought the south of 50 to you, yes, the liberals, the "open space" the "environmentalists".   Anyway, maybe one of my kids will be able to live there someday and not pay $1200 a month for a crappy, roach infested, 1 bedroom in Davis..........   Oh, yes, Davis.   Another liberal city who stops all growth and new housing......   Drives up the prices of rentals ... and homes into the stratosphere and all the while the good, no growth liberals, can sit in their pools and on their patios complaining about "growth", "sprawl", and "expansion"....How phony.......!  Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#9 Tyto Alba

Tyto Alba

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

Put me on the list with the disappointment concerning the development South of 50.  The south of 50  area was  the nicest opened areas in Sacramento County.    When the issue was being discussed in the 2000's there was no one speaking up at the city meetings....nothing put on the ballot.  Parents too busy taking their kid to soccer, football, baseball practice and other activities.    My lawn is dead now because it wont stay green being only allowed to water two days a week.   The new neighborhoods and building being constructed now are not attractive.  They also appear to be low quality.

#10 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:38 PM

Funny thing about Davis. They just built a HUGE development off Covell and J.  One section is called the Beech. From 1780 sq ft and 631k. For homes right next to a major commercial rail line....  Not the best part of Davis either. I used to do some maintenance on "luxury" apts as well as a major senior center, and both off and on campus student housing. I can certify that the housing was generally old and basic apartment living. The 4 bedroom 4 bath apartment rented for 3400.  The senior facility had some purchased and some rental units. If I remember right, they were selling for 240k for your standard 1 bedroom glorified apartment.  Parking is a nightmare in Davis.  The only place I would consider living in Davis is West of El Macero (south of 80). Really nice old homes that border on open land.

Folsom could have been really smart with development S of 50. But they caved to developers. At a minimum, they should have required a 3 year owner occupancy requirement for all new homes.  Otherwise, you get Elk Grove. Tons of absentee owners and a premature declining of neighborhoods.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#11 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:50 AM

Hey Joe, that's exactly where my son lives, Covell and J, in those apartments by the rail tracks.  The new stuff across the street looks very modern and high density, expensive I am sure.  Davis always drives me nuts when I go there, they keep it dark at night so it's hard to see street signs and the bikers, who are everywhere, just ride around like they own the road and do things that would get you killed in a lot of other cities.  They don't care, they just ride in front of you and take their time, the best ones are the ones who cut you off all while looking in their phone.....!   Anyway, I am not a big fan of the South of 50 development but people do need a place to live and if they can afford Folsom then all the power to them.  What I really don't like about the development is that all the principals (think major profiteers) are high ranking democrat politicians, or democratic ex-politicians, and big democratic donor developers.  I'm all for capitalism but I want the story told in the news and the MSM goes no where near it....!   Oh, and from the Washington Times...   Note the Sac Bee, NY Times, and the WaPo are missing in action on this story.  I guess if you switched out the Greeks for the Russians it might get some press...?   No, not with the dems and the MSM.   Sad....   Chris

http://www.washingto...ands-land-deal/

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s husband, a real estate developer and investment banker, stands to make millions of dollars in a previously undisclosed residential real estate project in California as a partner with the father of a woman Mrs. Pelosi helped become ambassador to Hungary, records show.

Paul F. Pelosi’s investment in Russell Ranch is worth at least $5 million and possibly as much as $25 million in a deal put together by his friend and longtime business associate, Angelo Tsakopoulos, patriarch of a multimillion-dollar real estate development firm, according to Mrs. Pelosi’s latest personal-disclosure statement.
Mr. Pelosi said in an email from his wife’s spokesman that initially he invested between $1 million and $5 million in the project a dozen years ago, although its value has shot up recently as the undeveloped land moves closer to being annexed by a nearby city. He said the Russell Ranch investment had increased in value less than 5 percent per year over the last dozen years.  Despite his involvement in the project dating back to the late 1990s, Mrs. Pelosi first listed the investment in May 2010 on her federal financial-disclosure forms covering the couple’s finances during 2009. The forms are required annually and are supposed to identify assets she and her husband have that are worth more than $1,000.
The first Russell Ranch listing came a month after The Washington Times raised questions about business dealings between Mr. Pelosi and Mr. Tsakopoulos and Mrs. Pelosi’s successful efforts to help his daughter, Eleni Tsakopoulos-Kounalakis, become ambassador. For 2009, Mrs. Pelosi reported that the Russell Ranch investment was worth between $1 million and $5 million. The next year, she listed the value as between $5 million and $25 million.
Nadeam Elshami, spokesman for Mrs. Pelosi, said the California Democrat did not have to list the Russell Ranch investment because it was held in the name of another company her husband owns, Forty-Five Belden Corp., which is a Subchapter S corporation and taxes it owes are paid by the shareholders rather than the corporation.

1A - 2A = -1A

#12 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

Is he in Cranbrook Apts?  Used to service them years ago during the economic slowdown. Thank goodness I no longer do property management. Well, at least not multi-family (which is incredibly hard to get insured for BTW. Thanks, class action lawyers).

Yeah, Pelosi (and her husband) never passed on an opportunity to use their legislative power to get rich(er).  

Under legislation passed by her mentor Phil Burton as part of his legacy to San Francisco, the militarily useless Army base at the Presidio was turned into a national park when it closed. But Pelosi expended her political capital while pushing through a bill that turned the Presidio -- 1,500 acres of the most valuable real estate in the world -- over to an unelected private trust dominated by her corporate and real estate cronies in the business of raising campaign cash; and the Presidio, with Pelosi‘s blessing, is now being developed by producerdirector George Lucas as headquarters for his film company (with $60 million in tax breaks to finance it).

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#13 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:11 PM

Yep, Cranbrook.....   Nice enough place but overpriced. I think the tenant below him is a filthy person and has cockroaches that travel to his place....   Yep, funny how the MSM cuts Pelosi a pass at her every evil turn.  Imagine if she were a Republican doing those things, it would be on TV 24/7 until she had to resign and go to jail.   Karma is taking too long for both her and her husband, oh, and her daughter Christine who is a real piece of work...!    Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#14 Steve Heard

Steve Heard

Owner

• Admin
  • 13,752 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

Yes and you can thank democrats..

Chris, I'm not doubting for a second that money was and will be made on this thing, but if you blame the city, in the 16 years I've been here, there's been only one Democrat on the City Council. All others are/were Republicans. 

I'm not saying that there aren't Democrats who will benefit, but rather that it's not a Democrat vs Republican issue. 

Put me on the list with the disappointment concerning the development South of 50.  The south of 50  area was  the nicest opened areas in Sacramento County.    When the issue was being discussed in the 2000's there was no one speaking up at the city meetings....nothing put on the ballot.  Parents too busy taking their kid to soccer, football, baseball practice and other activities.    My lawn is dead now because it wont stay green being only allowed to water two days a week.   The new neighborhoods and building being constructed now are not attractive.  They also appear to be low quality.

While there were people protesting, I agree that too many people remain unaware of issues until they read about them on social media these days. 

Steve Heard

Folsom Real Estate Specialist

EXP Realty

BRE#01368503

Owner - MyFolsom.com

916 718 9577 

#15 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:53 AM

Chris, I'm not doubting for a second that money was and will be made on this thing, but if you blame the city, in the 16 years I've been here, there's been only one Democrat on the City Council. All others are/were Republicans. 

I'm not saying that there aren't Democrats who will benefit, but rather that it's not a Democrat vs Republican issue. 

While there were people protesting, I agree that too many people remain unaware of issues until they read about them on social media these days. 

Agree that the Folsom parties involved are mostly Republican if not all.  They are the small fish, the very small fish in this whole shadowy deal where you buy "agricultural and grazing" land and magically get it re-zoned to "commercial" and "residential" by some mysterious way over the next few years...   My point is that the "big dogs" making the big money are all high ranking and very politically connected, and all democrats, big name democrats.   I'd love for a reporter to do their real job someday and do an investigative story on this.  If a "Trump" or a "Romney"  (or Russians?) were tied to this development I guarantee I would have read that story 10 years ago.....!   And I am not anti development over there really, people need a nice, safe, clean, and peaceful place to live, good sewer system, clean air, clean water, jobs near by, good schools, decent neighbors.  That's what we all strive for and that's why people work hard to get to this town.  Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users