3 replies to this topic

#1 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:24 PM

Does anyone know what this actually means? It makes no sense to me.

"Rebates are up to $175 per 1.28 gallons per flush High Efficiency Toilet. Total rebate amount will not exceed 50% of the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price not to exceed $175.00."

The hot water demand recirculating system terms were much more clear.

"The rebate is 50% of the purchase price or the manufacturer’s suggested retail price, whichever is less, not to exceed $200."

#2 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:41 PM

Does anyone know what this actually means? It makes no sense to me.

"Rebates are up to $175 per 1.28 gallons per flush High Efficiency Toilet. Total rebate amount will not exceed 50% of the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price not to exceed $175.00."

The hot water demand recirculating system terms were much more clear.

"The rebate is 50% of the purchase price or the manufacturer’s suggested retail price, whichever is less, not to exceed $200."

Sounds to me you just substitute $175 for the $200 in the terms you understood clearly and you got it.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#3 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:10 PM

Sounds to me you just substitute $175 for the $200 in the terms you understood clearly and you got it.

Thanks, I needed a second opinion!

#4 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:11 PM

I read this differently than 4thgen. Forget the first sentence and read the second and it is clear: TOTAL REBATE AMOUNT WILL NOT EXCEED 50% OF MSRP, NOT TO EXCEED $175. So, if the MSRP is $350, you get a $175 rebate. If the MSRP is $175, you get $87.50.

I looked at the City's website and it confirms this http://www.folsom.ca...ram_sign_up.asp

High-Efficiency Toilets Rebate: Customers can receive 50 percent of the cost of a high-efficiency toilet up to $175, to affordably replace toilets that use 1.6 gallons or more per flush with 1.28 gallons or less per flush

This rebate does not compare to the hot water one to which you refer. Sorry, edited because I read what you posted about that rebate wrong!!! Oops!!! I think we all got it right the first time -- sorry 4thgen!!!

By the way, we did this through San Juan Water District last year and it was awesome and easy. However, SJ did it differently in that we got up to $175 on the total cost of the toilet. We had a SJWD inspector come over to make sure our old toilets used more than 1.6 gallons per flush and that our new toilets use 1.28 gallons or less per flush. We submitted our receipt and got the rebates applies to our future water bills.

We ordered our Toto toilets through Amazon and they were delivered to our door -- free shipping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users