Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:32 PM

http://www.sacbee.co...le36079416.html

Water restrictions are to allocate water s50

"The city expects to meet the need for new residents, expected to reach almost 25,000 when the growth area is complete, by maintaining conservation policies currently in place, Morin said. Residents currently are restricted to watering lawns twice a week, for instance."

-Robert

#2 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:39 AM

That is incredibly unfair.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#3 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:32 AM

The mayor's contact info for those who want to share their thoughts is amorin@folsom.ca.us or 916-355-8302

-Robert

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:42 AM

There is so much more that is inconvenient about the current restrictions than watering lawns.

What other parts of the restrictions are now permanent?  We've been told for four years not to wash down our patios & driveways.  I'm not saying my patio needs to be washed down every week, but it is looking pretty bad right now and rain won't help because it's covered.

I need to do some painting and sealing, but need to pressure-wash first.

Should we all rip out our tubs because we are only allowed 5-minute showers so they can build more?

I don't understand the thinking that it's okay because we have enough water unless it's a dry year.

#5 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:31 AM

They are also reducing the number of commercial and business space, pretty much insuring that it's going to increase traffic around Palladio and Broadstone malls AND bring more people here.

"The proposed change that goes before the council Tuesday night would raise the number of housing units from 10,210 to 10,817. It would also reduce the amount of commercial and other business development by one-third, down to 302 acres."

#6 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:58 AM

There is so much more that is inconvenient about the current restrictions than watering lawns.

What other parts of the restrictions are now permanent?  We've been told for four years not to wash down our patios & driveways.  I'm not saying my patio needs to be washed down every week, but it is looking pretty bad right now and rain won't help because it's covered.

Come on, folks. I thought we've covered this before, but I'll try again.

WHY are you foregoing doing normal watering, etc, at your home?? When you do, you are playing right into their hand. Do some of you NOT understand that??

Yes, it's your prerogative to bow down to the demands of a bunch of incompetent council members.

But I won't. Come on people. Think !! And then say NO !! Use water if you need it !! Don't let these morons change your lifestyle.

#7 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:07 AM

Come on, folks. I thought we've covered this before, but I'll try again.

WHY are you foregoing doing normal stuff at your home?? When you do, you are playing right into their hand. Do some of you NOT understand that??

Yes, it's your prerogative to bow down to the demands of a bunch of incompetent council members.

But I won't. Come on people. Think !! And then say NO !!

I guess I'm just one of those people that doesn't think the rules are for everybody else.

Right now, I can probably get away with doing whatever I want, but you can bet once those homes are built there will be fines enforced if you don't toe the line.

#8 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:17 AM

Here's a copy of an email I sent to Mayor Andy Morin...It's simple but conveys my feelings...I hope many of you can do the same:

Andy, you need to listen to Jennifer Lane and Ronald Stork. THEY have the expertise...you don't. This is a horrible idea at this time. I live in Folsom. Nobody I talk to thinks this is wise.

What the heck is wrong with you people? Is there a hidden motive for you?

To say this is dumb would be an understatement. But I've known people like you in my life. You are stubborn and obstinate. In the good 'ol days you'd be run out of town.

#9 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:34 AM

http://www.sacbee.co...le36079416.html

Water restrictions are to allocate water s50

"The city expects to meet the need for new residents, expected to reach almost 25,000 when the growth area is complete, by maintaining conservation policies currently in place, Morin said. Residents currently are restricted to watering lawns twice a week, for instance."

-Robert

Thank you for posting Bee article.    With experienced reporters vanishing, the younger crop might not realize the permanent city council 4 members change the laws as often as some change their underwear.      

Having read every lengthy piece of tripe the council uses to change the FPA, south of 50, zoning -- making it denser and denser --  a person would know these four give a developer or buddy ANYTHING they want.   25,000 is just a first phase population addition!      Remember the south of 50 EIS was rejected by the USB Reclamation manager because of water, and now there is no water.       So called "water Rights" do NOT flow in the taps and flush toilets.     Why do posters focus on what the 4 say -- and focus on what they omit, overstate, misquote, and plain lie about.      They can claim "water Rights" until they die, but their Rights won't flow in pipes.      Nor will it pay for buying water to keep us alive.       Demand they develop an emergency plan and some contingencies, because this is the only elected group which has NO crossties, agreements, shared water agreements in place right now.        People ask for those videos to be posted at this site ---    get the point please:      there is no water in storage,   no snow in the predictable future,  no backup plans.   

#10 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:43 AM

Quoting Morin and Ron Stork American River expert:

"

The city expects to meet the need for new residents, expected to reach almost 25,000 when the growth area is complete, by maintaining conservation policies currently in place, Morin said. Residents currently are restricted to watering lawns twice a week, for instance.

The city has no plans to try to buy additional water from other providers, he said. The city gets all of its water from Folsom Lake.

Ronald Stork, senior policy advocate at Friends of the River, said Folsom officials are making a bad bet on the development.

“There is a risk they are going to make their water supply problems worse,” said Stork, a longtime board member of the Sacramento Water Forum, which set area water policy years ago.

"

.   Bear in mind the federal officials totally rejected the city's environmental statement, which was NOT certified by any engineer.      

Morin, by the way, got a degree involving water -- so why does he not recognize an empty basin???      Why does he confuse sand & silt with real water?????

Why doesn't he put his Engineering License & Seal on his above comments?????????

#11 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:57 AM

For just a second, let's ignore Folsom and the water issue.  Hasn't Jerry Brown said the same thing, that we need to rethink how we use water and adjust our expectations?  Jerry Brown blames global warming.  I blame decades of political mismanagement and population growth.  

Does any think we would be in the same trouble if the Auburn Dam has been built 30 years ago?

#12 Homerunner

Homerunner

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:59 AM

Once again, the provisions of Measure W are being violated - i.e., no water to be provided by existing Folsom.  The conservation measures in place are drought related and not normal year allocations.  Can you say Grand Jury Investigation?  Anyone can request one.

#13 Homerunner

Homerunner

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:13 AM

No accountability on the part of this council to anyone other than themselves and their own special interests.  Heck, they don't even respond to emails, requests for meetings, etc.  Term limits on the ballot are the only way to nip it.  They will never impose limits on themselves.  

#14 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:01 AM

To put term limits on the ballot we would have to request a charter change. Same with districting.

#15 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:07 AM

This Folsom administration is taking a page out of the radical, corrupt Obama regime: We'll do whatever the Hell we want...period !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users