6 replies to this topic

#1 CoachWeise

CoachWeise

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:10 PM

I should probably give myself a 24 hour cooling off period before posting something, but I am so P.O. right now that I want to get this out there!!

So late May I'm looking for a Sleeper Sofa and head to various places including LaZBoy in Gold River. Scott shows me around and I come back the next day and order a sleeper sofa with their slumber air matress. This was May 31 and I got $200 off due to a promotion they had going on. Unfortunately they don't have the color I want in stock so it gets ordered... Est 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Two weeks after I placed the order I get a phone call from someone saying the order got rejected because the manufacturer does not have the color that I picked from the few select colors shown to me by Scott... They then asked if I wanted to Scott to call me back to see what can be done. Of course I said yes.

The following week I still had not heard from Scott so I called him and apparently he had no clue that the order got rejected or that he was supposed to call me...

Because it had been 2 weeks already they agreed to give me a better fabric at the same cost plus free delivery. Great I thought. Even though it is a small concession at least it was something. I placed the order for the new sofa. This was a "special order" because of the better fabric and would take 8-10 weeks.

So Scott calls me the next day - but he called my work # on a Saturday so I just got the message today. So I called him back today and find out that the deal they gave me on the new sofa did not include the $250 Slumber Air Mattress. So even though I thought they were ordering the same thing with better fabric at the same price - it wasn't.

So instead of compensating me for the wait and problem associated with the original order they took away something and added something... After talking to the manager he apologized for the mistake but said he couldn't do anything - if I wanted the sofa it would be an additional $250...

Complete BS!

Order cancelled. I hope they do that right!

Anyone know a good place to get a good sleeper sofa? I've tried Becks and Naturwood. Will now probably look at Levitz and possibly RC Willey... Anywhere else???

#2 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:44 PM

Um, I'd stay away from Levitz even if you find one open. tongue.gif

#3 dancinmomof3

dancinmomof3

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:bellydancing, salsa dancing, dancing, laughing, biking, hiking, kayaking, parenting, pregnancy, childbirth, extended breastfeeding, nutrition, investing, helping people and the earth and having fun.

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:43 PM

I 'd check costco. Sometimes they have just the thing I'm looking for. If you know exactly what you want you might be able to find it online and just have it shipped directly. I like Jon's furnishings, but they closed their Gold River store. They have another store in Sac. I don't know if they have many sleeper sofas though.

#4 futuremrs4

futuremrs4

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:12 PM

Your story doesn't surprise me in the least. I used to work there and I am sure glad I don't anymore. The air mattress option is pretty cool, but I doubt it is exclusive to La Z Boy anymore. Try a google search to see who else offers such a thing.

McCreery's/Drexel Heritage has a good reputation. I also bought a wonderful sectional from Macy's furniture in Roseville. I have had that sofa for 5 years and it still looks brand new...and I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old lmaosmiley.gif

#5 Susan

Susan

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:41 AM

We love RC Willey and the sales associates have always been kind and informed. Good luck in your search!

#6 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:14 AM

I'm sorry to hear your La-z-boy experience was so poor.

18 months or so ago we ordered a sectional couch, picked out the fabric for the couch and the pillows. They said it would take 8-10 weeks and then in 6 weeks we got a call to schedule delivery. It arrived and was assembled with no problems.

shortly afterwards, we decided that we really wanted it a little bit longer and so we knew we wanted to order another single wide section. Well procrastination and busy lives meant that it was almost a year later that we finally dug up our old receipts and went back down to the La-z-boy store. Fortunately, they still were selling that same model of sectional, they called and verified our fabric of choice was still available. they did inform us that they couldn't guarantee the fabric would be a 100% match as it would be from obviously a different lot after this much time, but when the new piece arrived, it matches very well, with the exception the cushions sat higher initially as they didn't have a year of being smashed down but a little boy crawling back and forth over the entire length of the couch. Now that is has been 6 months, I don't know if it is obvious anymore which is the newest piece.

My experience there has been awesome. Oh yeah, on the first purchase, we got a good deal as they had to match the RC Willey price on the same model, our last single piece was about 50% higher than the same single piece a year earlier, but the fact it matches so well purchasing it a year later, I'm not complaining. At RC Willey, you get what you see, no custom ordering from the factory.
I would rather be Backpacking

#7 Susan

Susan

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:50 AM

We custom ordered our cushion colors from the factory at RC Willey. Maybe that is only the case for some models...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users