6 replies to this topic

#1 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 12:41 PM

What's going on with the Folsom Telegraph lately?  I know it's no longer a subscription newspaper, but I see it being delivered to random homes around town.  I have gotten my copy at various businesses, but those businesses seem to be fewer and fewer.  This morning around 9:00, I tried getting one at Lowe's box, but it had last week's copy.  I then tried again at Raley's at 1:00 pm, but again, last week's copy.  So I drove down to the Telegraph office on Sutter and there were about 5 copies left in their box.

I won't address the quality of the Telegraph over the last several years, but if it isn't going to be produced and available with a minimum of effort, they ought to just quit.

#2 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:08 PM

What's going on with the Folsom Telegraph lately?  I know it's no longer a subscription newspaper, but I see it being delivered to random homes around town.  I have gotten my copy at various businesses, but those businesses seem to be fewer and fewer.  This morning around 9:00, I tried getting one at Lowe's box, but it had last week's copy.  I then tried again at Raley's at 1:00 pm, but again, last week's copy.  So I drove down to the Telegraph office on Sutter and there were about 5 copies left in their box.

I won't address the quality of the Telegraph over the last several years, but if it isn't going to be produced and available with a minimum of effort, they ought to just quit.

Good question! My complaint is that I actually have a paid subscription, but they just stopped delivering it with no explanation.

#3 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:34 PM

Good question! My complaint is that I actually have a paid subscription, but they just stopped delivering it with no explanation.

Tony, you might need to call them 774-7900.  That will happen to me occasionally.  It is annoying, but they usually will run one out to you pretty quick.

Mine was delivered today.

Unrelated, I just noticed The Folsom Telegraph online has a story about an armed robbery on Stafford St. yesterday.  That explains what the helicopter and all the FPD cars were about.

#4 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:18 PM

I have heard - forget who or where- that the Telegraph (Folsom and EDH) has reduced it distribution of both homes and especially drop off locations.  I heard or read this about 1-2 months ago ( or maybe yesterday - lol- considering my memory) . I have also noticed the reduced level of substance in the paper - which had improved with the new editor ( last year ??)- but is lacking now

or maybe it was a all a dream ...

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#5 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:24 PM

I have heard - forget who or where- that the Telegraph (Folsom and EDH) has reduced it distribution of both homes and especially drop off locations.  I heard or read this about 1-2 months ago ( or maybe yesterday - lol- considering my memory) . I have also noticed the reduced level of substance in the paper - which had improved with the new editor ( last year ??)- but is lacking now

or maybe it was a all a dream ...

It wasn't a figment of your imagination.  I remember a similar notice.  It was asking me to consider making a monetary contribution to keep a local paper, which was confusing to those of us that already had paid our subscriptions.

#6 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:36 PM

We support the Telegraph. Always have, always will. It's the longest continually published newspaper in California!
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#7 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:54 PM

We are still paying for home delivery and get it every Wednesday. They use to put it up next to our front door.

Now they drop it on the driveway.

The quality has gone to crap and we may stop it when our term runs out.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users