6 replies to this topic

#1 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

Does anybody know what's up with all the dead grass in front of buildings along White Rock? It used to look so nice.

All the grass at the corner of Zinfandel & White Rock in front of the Moss Adams building is dead and so is some more further down White Rock right around Prospect.

#2 Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Does anybody know what's up with all the dead grass in front of buildings along White Rock? It used to look so nice.

All the grass at the corner of Zinfandel & White Rock in front of the Moss Adams building is dead and so is some more further down White Rock right around Prospect.

My guess:
- they are killing it to replace with low maintenance landscaping
- someone accidentally turned off sprinklers

#3 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

My guess would be a fungal disease, spread by the landscaper.

We had a landscaper mowing our front lawn a couple years ago, and our grass began to turn yellow and die.

We tired everything. Then we took a small piece of lawn to the nursery and they said it was a fungus. They said it was from a mower being used to mow lawns without washing it down before the next lawn was mowed.

We let our landscaper go and started treating it with a fungicide. It’s beautiful now!

Fungus diseases can be spread from lawn to lawn, by a contaminated mower. If you ever lend your mower to someone, make sure you wash it good after it is returned!

And if you see some lawns start to die on your block, pay attention to who has the gardeners!

#4 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

My guess would be a fungal disease, spread by the landscaper.

We had a landscaper mowing our front lawn a couple years ago, and our grass began to turn yellow and die.

We tired everything. Then we took a small piece of lawn to the nursery and they said it was a fungus. They said it was from a mower being used to mow lawns without washing it down before the next lawn was mowed.

We let our landscaper go and started treating it with a fungicide. It’s beautiful now!

Fungus diseases can be spread from lawn to lawn, by a contaminated mower. If you ever lend your mower to someone, make sure you wash it good after it is returned!

And if you see some lawns start to die on your block, pay attention to who has the gardeners!

this adds to the truth....."there is fungus among us"

#5 PG10351

PG10351

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

#6 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

I wonder if Maxine R is on to something. Last time I drove by, it looked like they had raked up and re-seeded and were watering the dead areas.

I was wondering if they were maybe going drought-tolerant like Michael Hughes suggested, but it didn't look like it.

I did notice that Walmart here in Folsom has replaced the "lawn nobody ever uses" across from the fire station with more water-efficient landscaping. It looks good right now... if they keep it mulched and maintained, unlike Walgreens.

#7 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

It looks to me that many of the buildings to the west of Zinfandel are vacant.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users