• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Brendon

Brendon

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 09:41 PM

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good stylist/barber for a 20 year old male? My stylist of 6 years moved away and I have yet to stumble upon anyone that I'm satisfied with... My trim is fairly straight forward, but I like someone who is a bit meticulous and doesn't leave many strays behind. I'm willing to go up to $30 if they are excellent.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated smile.gif

#2 melloguy

melloguy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:46 AM

I've been going to Tom of Tom's (Bulldog?) barbershop across from City Hall for the past 10 years. Always does a good job.

93 Natoma Street
985-4420
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is three-fold: its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within." -- Joseph Stalin, former dictator of the Soviet Union

#3 nomoser

nomoser

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:39 AM

When I moved here just over 4 years ago, I tried several different places and barbers before I found and settled on Randy at Randy's Barber / Stylist at 223 Persifer across from the library. I have been going there ever since, and he always does a great job. He also won "Best Barber" in MyFolsom.com's Best of Folsom 2004 awards. All that, and the price for a cut is only $16.00. 983-7251.

#4 mattyx

mattyx

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:08 AM

for a nice clipper cut i go to great clips by ralphs. $11.

if you are looking for a stylist, a woman named julane at FX (i think thats what its called, down by Grinders on folsom blvd.) has done an excellent job on my hair when its long. i have a wavy, thick strand hair that is not easy to work when its long and she figured it out and knew how to deal with it. she'll charge stylist rates (NOT $11).

i can get detailed info for her if you would like.

#5 (Gaelic925)

(Gaelic925)
  • Visitors

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:05 AM

Please pass it on if you know a good stylist too, thanks smile.gif biggrin.gif !

#6 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:20 AM

I've had nothing but good experience at Nicks on E. Bidwell.. only been there 3 times but still great.

A little expensive ($12 I think), or maybe I'm just being cheap
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#7 mattyx

mattyx

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 11:18 AM

i get a clipper cut that takes 10 minutes to do and they charge $11 ($15 at supercuts).

that's good money if you ask me. you'd think i could get a clipper cut for $5, but i am guessing most of the charge is for the lease on the cutters station and the building.

#8 MitzyJ

MitzyJ

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:14 PM

Nobody is better than Jan at Tom's across from City Hall!!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

#9 Kayak63

Kayak63

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:51 PM

Nick is the place to go. He is next to the DMV.

#10 Brendon

Brendon

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:36 PM

Thanks for all the input so far!
Anyone have a phone number for Nick (next to the DMV)?

#11 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE(Brendon @ Oct 27 2004, 10:36 PM)
Thanks for all the input so far!
Anyone have a phone number for Nick (next to the DMV)?

View Post

(916) 983-9500
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#12 FolsomJunior00

FolsomJunior00

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 02:30 PM

Sorry, im a SuperCuts guy...... thumbsupsmileyanim.gif They always do the best work, no matter what.

I used to go to the Great Clips next to Ralphs, but i had bad experiences there.
" I am not going to sit on my @$$ as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life. I'm going to take a stand. I'm going to defend it. Right or wrong, I'm going to defend it." -Cameron, "Ferris Bueler's Day Off"

#13 EDF

EDF

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 05:29 PM

Nick the Barber on Bidwell across from DMV....

I've been a customer for 6 years... I think he charges something like 12 - 14 but I've always given him $20.00.. I think if you tip well... they will take care you...

he is by appointment though...

983-9500

#14 Brendon

Brendon

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:46 PM

I just paid Nick a visit... damn nice guy, and he did a pretty good job too. I plan on going back smile.gif
Thanks so much for all input!

#15 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:14 PM

I'm one of the lucky guys. My wife was a hair dresser over in Scotland when I met her. After we got married and came to the states she became a full time mother.

She has always cut my hair and does a great job.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users