104 replies to this topic

#1 SandPebble

SandPebble

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:17 PM

Now I know the boards are a popular place to bash Mather and the airplanes that fly in and out of it.....

However, the Blue Angels are really something special and a must see. I have seen them about 9 or 10 times and they seem to get better and better.

I am glad to see a good air show come to the area and I wish them success.

Here's a link for an article from the Bee...

http://www.sacbee.co...-14768419c.html

See you all there................... smile.gif

#2 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:29 PM

Sweet! I love the Blue Angels. My Dad used to take me to see them at Moffett Field in Mtn. View. What an awesome display!

Thanks for the post SandPebble
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

#3 SandPebble

SandPebble

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(nhardy @ Dec 19 2005, 07:29 PM) View Post

Sweet! I love the Blue Angels. My Dad used to take me to see them at Moffett Field in Mtn. View. What an awesome display!

No prob -- I too have some great memories of going to Pt. Magu, El Toro MCAS, Moffett and the SF Bay for shows with my Dad. The speed and gracefulness is amazing.

Never would have guessed I would see them here.

#4 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:47 PM

It was already posted a week or so ago.......
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#5 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,368 posts
  • Interests:filling out questionaires

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE(nhardy @ Dec 19 2005, 07:29 PM) View Post

Heh - we used to live in Sunnyvale (by the big peach can) and the Moffett airshows were always fun to watch from our front yard. One morning a squadron on Zeroes flew over. I was glad my dad wasn't there - he would've had a flashback smile.gif
"Here's the last toast of the evening: Here's to those who still believe. All the losers will be winners, all the givers will receive. Here's to trouble-free tomorrows, may your sorrows all be small. Here's to the losers: bless them all
Sinatra "Here's to the Losers"

#6 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:16 AM

I'd see them when I lived/worked in the Bay Area. Very impressive! I'm going to the Mather Air Show.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#7 Candy Apple

Candy Apple

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:16 AM

I missed the posting----when & where?

#8 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:52 AM

If you're headed to see the Blue Angels this weekend at Mather, you can purchase tickets at Heritage Community Credit Union (in the Broadstone Shopping Center in the same area as Taiko Sushi). Advance tickets are $10 each, with children 12 and under free. Tickets at the gate will be $15.

By the way, according to a FAQ handout I received from Heritage CU, no seating (even bleacher seating) will be available, but you can bring in lawn chairs.

Edited by Resume Lady, 15 March 2006 - 11:54 AM.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#9 kaybird

kaybird

All Star

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Mar 15 2006, 11:52 AM) View Post

If you're headed to see the Blue Angels this weekend at Mather, you can purchase tickets at Heritage Community Credit Union (in the Broadstone Shopping Center in the same area as Taiko Sushi). Advance tickets are $10 each, with children 12 and under free. Tickets at the gate will be $15.

By the way, according to a FAQ handout I received from Heritage CU, no seating (even bleacher seating) will be available, but you can bring in lawn chairs.

I found this website which has a link to buy and print your tickets at home.

http://www.californi....com/index.html

I hope to make it out on Sunday. smile.gif

#10 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:33 PM

just saw the first fly by of the day for the Blue Angels ... Marcus allen of Ch31 is supposed to be with them...
Could not see much with the clouds but did see 5 planes---

Cheers
F500

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#11 Joe

Joe

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:42 PM

Sweet! Do the Blue Angles fly every day of the event? I might ask the wife if she wants to go.

#12 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:43 PM

They were awesome in that Van Halen video.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#13 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(Joe @ Mar 15 2006, 12:42 PM) View Post

Sweet! Do the Blue Angles fly every day of the event? I might ask the wife if she wants to go.

They do- it is Sat and sunday - weather permitting...
they also practice in the area so if clear skys, one can likley see them for around 5-10 miles each direction from Mather...

Cheers
F500

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#14 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:52 PM

Also, one ticket gets you in either day, so you can decide at the last minute when you want to go. Yep, Blue Angels fly both days.

(Edited to correct myself.)

Edited by Resume Lady, 15 March 2006 - 12:58 PM.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#15 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Mar 15 2006, 12:52 PM) View Post

Also, one ticket gets you in both days, so you can decide at the last minute when you want to go. Yep, Blue Angels fly both days.

One ticket BOTH days or One Ticket EITHER day ?

-Margaret Mead-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users