#1 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

Posted 20 January 2003 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE Intel has yet to oppose the rezone, and since Intel is not increasing its workforce and complex, it would seem that they don't have any current plans for expanding on that property.

Rezoning does not mean the City takes possession of the land. Intel still owns it. Let's let Intel speak for itself

I was at the 11/12 meeting and Intel did speak up for itself. They said it was purchased for business needs and pretty much told the council to stick it. In light of economic times, Intel plans on expanding at some time, and this would force them not to.

You're right, Intel would own the property, but they are not in the affordable housing business - which means they would have to sell the land.

Not a good idea to piss Intel off. Don't provide them a reason not to provide jobs here. Despite what you say Intel is the backbone of Folsom's economy and eliminating 7500 jubs would have a direct impact on all aspects of our economy.

I was noodling with search terms to see if there were links between Intel and 30 years here.    The city put up signs "Intel 30 years"  --- maybe thinking it was mutually good.   

These still-sitting four on city council have NEVER been business friendly -- only housing-developer friendly.    They wanted to rezone Intel land to dense residential  -- without Intel asking.    

Same 4 council are still giving same housing developer-  FPA/ S50 -  more dense residential land --  because you can pull the wool over the perspective house-buyers eyes, but you cannot fool businesses the same way.   

This council wants to give away every cent and drop of water within a ten-mile radius.

2003 quote from folsomite is a hoot:   Intel told them to stick it.     

#2 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

I was noodling with search terms to see if there were links between Intel and 30 years here.   

OMG, I can't believe it. Someone outside of my company is using the term, "noodling." Actually, I had to force myself to not laugh out loud at my VP when she was using the latest business jargon a few months ago. Ridiculous! Just speak english folks!

rant/off

#3 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

OMG, I can't believe it. Someone outside of my company is using the term, "noodling." Actually, I had to force myself to not laugh out loud at my VP when she was using the latest business jargon a few months ago. Ridiculous! Just speak english folks!

rant/off

Love to know what company you mean -- Intel perhaps?     Glad to see a reaction -- even   if benighted.

Thought girlz might enjoy knowing more about "noodling" from merriam dictionary:

1. It's a thought I've been noodling around with for some time.

Origin of NOODLING    imitative
First Known Use: circa 1937
USA

Don't be a noodle --  consult dictionary for that meaning.     Thanks for reply -- wish it were relevant to coming election.

#4 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:00 AM

I thought this term had been around many years, I remember my grandmother using it.

Great post Maestro.  I appreciate your attempts to enlighten people around here about what is going on behind the scenes with the sitting existing council that so many voters blindly think are doing a good job just because they have been onboard for a few decades and have developer backing.  It's time for this town to wake up and see what's being done that is detrimental to the future well being of our city.

Svzr2FS.jpg

#5 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

I thought this term had been around many years, I remember my grandmother using it.

Great post Maestro.  I appreciate your attempts to enlighten people around here about what is going on behind the scenes with the sitting existing council that so many voters blindly think are doing a good job just because they have been onboard for a few decades and have developer backing.  It's time for this town to wake up and see what's being done that is detrimental to the future well being of our city.

Thank you sincerely.     Please take a look  (also check Linda Creek Bridge video)

Willow Creek videos.     There is hanky-panky helping housing development  at Folsom & Blue Ravine  to Glenn to Sibley area.  

The city currently has three water projects not vetted through the CEQA process.    At least CA wildlife, Reclamation, clearinghouse - all  don't show any record.   

The harm to our limited water supply has already made "Lake Natoma" and Willow Creek fetid.   

#6 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:25 PM

No, not Intel. We did make a big joke about it... talked about spaghetti noodles over the head.....the bosses rarely use it now (thank goodness).

Love to know what company you mean -- Intel perhaps?     Glad to see a reaction -- even   if benighted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users