El Dorado Hills Water Park?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:02 PM

A guy at the bank today told me there is a new "waterpark" between Folsom & EDH. He could not tell me exactly were, but I got the impression this was a waterpark with slides like in Roseville, and not just a park with water features. There's nothing on Hwy 50 except cows & houses, and I can't think of anything down EDH Blvd to Green Valley. I can't find anything on-line, either.

Anyone else aware of this?

#2 KoMbAse

KoMbAse

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:08 AM

A guy at the bank today told me there is a new "waterpark" between Folsom & EDH. He could not tell me exactly were, but I got the impression this was a waterpark with slides like in Roseville, and not just a park with water features. There's nothing on Hwy 50 except cows & houses, and I can't think of anything down EDH Blvd to Green Valley. I can't find anything on-line, either.

Anyone else aware of this?

Its in the promontory area. If you are coming down blue ravine , you make a right on Sofia parkway. Then your SECOND left (I believe its Alexandria). there are 2 parks. One with a soccer field and another with the water feature (no slides). You can also get there from empire ranch (back way)

#3 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:03 AM

Us moms & dads in Folsom tend to call a park a "water park" if it has fountains or water features for kids to run through. If you were expecting something like Sunsplash, I don't think that's what it is.

Sorry to get off on a tangent, but was anyone around here long enough to remember there was some sort of waterslide off of the right of Highway 50 heading up towards Cameron Park? I think there was just remnants of it left when we were here, but you could still see the slide.

#4 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:07 AM

I do remember the slide you speak of. It was on the eastbound side of hwy 50 right before Cambridge Rd. There was some sort of a campground there.

#5 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:20 AM

I do remember the slide you speak of. It was on the eastbound side of hwy 50 right before Cambridge Rd. There was some sort of a campground there.

That's exactly where I'm referring to. Thanks. I didn't know it was a campground. I think you can still kind of see the incline where the slide was but it's long since grown over with weeds.

#6 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:21 AM

There used to be teepees out there too.

#7 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:28 AM

There used to be teepees out there too.

Yep. I just remember thinking it looked like a fun place to go with your kids.

#8 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

I never actually went there but remembered seeing it as a kid while driving with my parents.

#9 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

Wasn't that part of Sam's Town?
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#10 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

Nope Sams Town was the next exit up at Cameron Park Drive.

#11 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

Nope Sams Town was the next exit up at Cameron Park Drive.

ah. thanks. I miss Sam's Town though.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#12 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

Wasn't that part of Sam's Town?

Not as far as I know. I did a little searching and I came up with a Crazy Horse Campground located between Bass Lake Road and Cameron Park Drive. I think that must have been the name of it. Ring any bells, Chris V?

#13 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

Yep, that's the one.

#14 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

Us moms & dads in Folsom tend to call a park a "water park" if it has fountains or water features for kids to run through. If you were expecting something like Sunsplash, I don't think that's what it is.

Thanks Ducky! It's interesting how people in different parts of California interpret "water park." I carry over the definition from my southern & central cali days, which IS along the lines of Sunsplash. I can certainly see that anything in the these parts with our hot summers would be considered a "water park."

#15 jafount

jafount

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:51 AM

Would be a great addition to the area though. I can see something cool like that on the south side of 50.
We all dream of a world of sunshine and rainbows and peace. The problem is some people think this would be a great place to live, while others think it would be a great place to pillage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users