#16 B&G

B&G

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE(finance man @ Jan 26 2007, 10:50 PM) View Post
Once the investigation is done and the guilty people go to jail as they should!!! Ford will probably take the store back let everyone go and start fresh with good people. Unfortunately the will always be bad seeds in any business. The good news is the bad seeds eventually get caught.

Hey Homer! Folsom Lake Ford is no better. When did they start doing background checks on their employees? I would NEVER by a vehicle from either of those places

#17 Suburban Pool Service

Suburban Pool Service

MyFolsom Pool Janitor

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Suburban Pool Service
    P.O. Box 1627
    Folsom, Ca 95763

Supplies /Weekly Service / Satisfaction

on the web at
    weservicepools.com

(916) 792-4836
    email service@suburbanpoolsupply.com

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE(B&G @ Jan 27 2007, 08:59 AM) View Post
Hey Homer! Folsom Lake Ford is no better. When did they start doing background checks on their employees? I would NEVER by a vehicle from either of those places

If memory serves me right, Chuck Peterson owner of (Folsom Lake Ford) doesn’t own or have any controlling, political or financial interest in Folsom Lake Dodge. I could also be wrong but I believe the same folks who own the Chrysler-Jeep dealer owns the Dodge dealer?

-Ryan

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
"Wow! What a Ride!"

weservicepools.com

#18 futuremrs4

futuremrs4

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:05 PM

3 years ago my grandfather died and left all his 7 grandkids w/ his money instead of our parents. We thought the money should have gone to my Dad, so my sister and I decided to buy my Dad a new truck with our portion (he really needed one, he was still driving a 1980 datsun!) We went to Folsom Lake Dodge, because my Dad liked the Dakotas. We wanted to purchase the vehicle cash, no contract, no strings, just be done with it, and the salesman kept trying to get us into a lease, saying we would save money, my father could keep trading up etc. It just seemed like he didn't want to sell a car!. He also wanted us to pay almost 30,000! I couldn't believe how shady it was so I did my homework, and went to a dealer in the Bay Area. Ended up getting my Father his brandnew truck for 19,000, fuly loaded, paid in full, and got the extended warranty thrown in because we paid it off entirely. The whole process took 2 hours and my Father had the best day. He felt like such a King. The next time he came to visit us he went to Folsom Lake Dodge just to tell the salesperson "Thanks, but no Thanks!" The look on the face of the salesman was priceless, and the best he could come up with was a lame comment like he thought we weren't serious!

#19 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:46 PM

Funny, I got a smoking hot deal at the Dodge Dealership in Cameron Park. When I say smoking, I mean, smoking. During the negotiating, I went to Folsom Lake Dodge to see if they could match or beat it. They wouldn't even discuss prices unless I filled out a credit application. I told them I was going to pay cash, so it didn't even matter. They tried to explain that they needed a credit check in case my "check wasn't any good". I told them I would bring a suitcase full of $20s if I needed to, but I wasn't going to fill out a credit application until we discussed price.

The salesman then passed me off to the sales manger, or whomever it was. He still continued to press the credit application on me, so I told him I would fill it out, but no SSN. So I then called my bank automation number on the cell phone, and let him hear my balance, which clearly showed I had enough cash in the bank to cover the cost of the truck. Still he wouldn't discuss price, he just kept referring to the sticker price. So I left. Karma baby......whatever comes their way, so be it.

#20 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(futuremrs4 @ Jan 28 2007, 01:05 PM) View Post
3 years ago my grandfather died and left all his 7 grandkids w/ his money instead of our parents. We thought the money should have gone to my Dad, so my sister and I decided to buy my Dad a new truck with our portion (he really needed one, he was still driving a 1980 datsun!) We went to Folsom Lake Dodge, because my Dad liked the Dakotas. We wanted to purchase the vehicle cash, no contract, no strings, just be done with it, and the salesman kept trying to get us into a lease, saying we would save money, my father could keep trading up etc. It just seemed like he didn't want to sell a car!. He also wanted us to pay almost 30,000! I couldn't believe how shady it was so I did my homework, and went to a dealer in the Bay Area. Ended up getting my Father his brandnew truck for 19,000, fuly loaded, paid in full, and got the extended warranty thrown in because we paid it off entirely. The whole process took 2 hours and my Father had the best day. He felt like such a King. The next time he came to visit us he went to Folsom Lake Dodge just to tell the salesperson "Thanks, but no Thanks!" The look on the face of the salesman was priceless, and the best he could come up with was a lame comment like he thought we weren't serious!

Once in a great while you get to pay the sleazy operators back. It's fun isn't it?

#21 B&G

B&G

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(MikeinFolsom @ Jan 28 2007, 04:46 PM) View Post
Funny, I got a smoking hot deal at the Dodge Dealership in Cameron Park. When I say smoking, I mean, smoking. During the negotiating, I went to Folsom Lake Dodge to see if they could match or beat it. They wouldn't even discuss prices unless I filled out a credit application. I told them I was going to pay cash, so it didn't even matter. They tried to explain that they needed a credit check in case my "check wasn't any good". I told them I would bring a suitcase full of $20s if I needed to, but I wasn't going to fill out a credit application until we discussed price.

The salesman then passed me off to the sales manger, or whomever it was. He still continued to press the credit application on me, so I told him I would fill it out, but no SSN. So I then called my bank automation number on the cell phone, and let him hear my balance, which clearly showed I had enough cash in the bank to cover the cost of the truck. Still he wouldn't discuss price, he just kept referring to the sticker price. So I left. Karma baby......whatever comes their way, so be it.

Great story! I love that stuff!!!

#22 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,368 posts
  • Interests:filling out questionaires

Posted 29 January 2007 - 01:59 PM

Interesting story. I know the state is investigating, but wouldn't the fact that they had someone inside giving them blank Social Security cards make this federal offense too?

I think someone is looking at hard time here.
"Here's the last toast of the evening: Here's to those who still believe. All the losers will be winners, all the givers will receive. Here's to trouble-free tomorrows, may your sorrows all be small. Here's to the losers: bless them all
Sinatra "Here's to the Losers"

#23 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:11 PM

a car salesman telling the truth is about as believable as a hooker telling a customer she is in her line of work just to meet nice people

we have been able to put men on the moon but we haven't found a way to sell cars without trickery and deceipt

wonder who beleives car salesman stories more, republicans or democrats

#24 Suburban Pool Service

Suburban Pool Service

MyFolsom Pool Janitor

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Suburban Pool Service
    P.O. Box 1627
    Folsom, Ca 95763

Supplies /Weekly Service / Satisfaction

on the web at
    weservicepools.com

(916) 792-4836
    email service@suburbanpoolsupply.com

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(MikeinFolsom @ Jan 28 2007, 04:46 PM) View Post

Mike, I'm interested in what I need know to get a smokin deal on a truck at this mysterious Dodge dealership? I didn't know there was a Dodge dealership up the hill I could use another pickup soon. rolleyes.gif You know I'm giving you a hard time right?

-Ryan

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
"Wow! What a Ride!"

weservicepools.com

#25 stangage70

stangage70

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:26 AM

The image on the MyFolsom front page is of People's Chrysler, not Folsom Dodge.

Is this mean to imply some association other than both selling Daimler Chrysler Corporation products?

I visited the Dodge place once. I test drove one of their vehicles, but didn't get going on negotiations. I ended-up getting something from Thompsons in Placerville. I have bought from People's also with a reasonable experience.

#26 TrackTimeHobbies

TrackTimeHobbies

Netizen

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:18 AM

Peoples Chrysler and Folsom Lake Dodge are not owned by the same people. The owner of Folsom Lake Dodge is Carlos.

I own a dodge and only go to El Dorado Hills Dodge in Shingle Springs. The owner there is Mike and he owns Placerville Ford too. His son is a service advisor there... so I know I will always get good service when I bring my vehicle up. They are a family owned business.. so I prefer to give them my business. At least I can walk out of there with my bank account and identification still intact. There lot is super small too.. but if you are looking for something new... they can locate what you want and get it for you right away. It's worth a shot. I love the envirnment up there.. just my .02

You can check out El Dorado Hills Dodge online El Dorado Hills Dodge Let them know that Randy Pike sent you and you might get extra special attention :-) In a good way, of course!

#27 Duke

Duke

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:35 PM

The Folsom Lake Dodge dealership apparently is connected to Daimler-Chrysler's: Minority Retail Dealer Development Program.

http://www.daimlerch...sityOct2006.pdf

Page 9, specifically.

#28 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:05 PM

Why Ryan, it of course all comes down to who you know....I guess? From what I have heard, the deal I got was pretty much a one time deal. All I know, when the deal was done, it was a pretty stand up establishment.

#29 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE(Duke @ Feb 1 2007, 11:35 PM) View Post
The Folsom Lake Dodge dealership apparently is connected to Daimler-Chrysler's: Minority Retail Dealer Development Program.
http://www.daimlerch...sityOct2006.pdf

Page 9, specifically.

Carlos is Mexican.

#30 nlove4ever

nlove4ever

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE(Redone @ Feb 1 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post
Carlos is Mexican.

Those are the GM's of the dealership's arent they? Referring to page 9.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users