68 replies to this topic

#16 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:14 PM

Fyi OSH employees were told yesterday that the folsom store will be closing later this year. Very sad for many of those with well over 10 years there

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#17 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:20 PM

Haven't we been here before though with OSH? I haven't read or seen anything other than talk here that supports this.

#18 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:22 PM

Lowe's owns them....bought them a few years ago...and that entire parcel too, if I remember right.

#19 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:50 PM

Lowe's owns them....bought them a few years ago...if I remember right.

Yup, 2013. Interestingly enough, looks like they're expanding in the Bay Area:

http://www.bizjourna...ansion-bay.html

#20 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:48 PM

Lowe's owns them....bought them a few years ago...and that entire parcel too, if I remember right.

Yes, I do remember that Lowe's bought them out and they let them continue as OSH.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#21 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:38 AM

Add me to the list of people disappointed about OSH.  Had a feeling once Lowe's bought them a few years ago it was a matter of time.  Only other hardware where you can get someone to help you like they do at OSH is ACE but its across the river.

Not a big fan of Sports Authority.  Went in the other day to look for a slow pitch softball bat and they had like six to choose from (seroiously?) and they were all cheap off brand china garbage from what I could tell.  My wife was shopping for workout clothes there a few weeks ago and could only comment on the fact they had a pair of spandex workout pants priced at freakin $80.  Hopefully Dicks is better but seeing how its just another corporate driven big box store I expect much of the same.  Overpriced merchandise with worthless untrained staff to help you out.

#22 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:46 AM

That's really sad about OSH closing.  I am in there often and the sales staff are always so friendly and helpful, especially with finding parts for those leaky faucets.

#23 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:16 AM

It's too bad about OSH. ACE is good as well, and driving across the river isn't far.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#24 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:29 AM

So, the Biz journal doesn't say anything about OSH closing stores. Is there any confirmation on this?

#25 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:47 PM

It's official for OSH....sadly..

http://www.bizjourna...area-store.html

#26 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:22 PM

It's official for OSH....sadly..

http://www.bizjourna...area-store.html

Well, bummer!  I will have to cross the river to Ace in the future.

#27 Oso

Oso

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:54 PM

Just reading this about OSH. I am also disappointed. I feel the same way as what others have said. The OSH staff knew what they were talking about and they were there to help. The big box stores in town are not staffed enough to find help fast enough, and then when you do find someone they are not able to help much of the time.

I recall soon after I moved to Folsom that they started to build that OSH. I was very anxious for it to open and it has been my first choice ever since. 

#28 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:14 PM

Heard that Costa Vida (sp?) is opening in that center where Peet's Coffee and the Pizza Hut are? Around the end of the month supposedly. 

#29 Tyto Alba

Tyto Alba

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:52 PM

Lowes needs to focus more on a different format than Home Depot.   From the feedback in this forum it is apparent Lowes' experience is not pleasurable.   Their making the $ now..... but the long term?     I will be going to Ace.

#30 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 10:13 AM

Definitely a bummer about OSH.  Even though I live a stone's throw away from Home Depot, I always prefer to shop at OSH for smaller items, since it literally is hard to find stuff in the Big Box store.  I love Ace, but the drive is more inconvenient, so I may just need to consider cutting down the number of home improvement projects I tackle :(  I'll go to Green Acres more for garden stuff, though I really hate that Iron Pt/E Bidwell intersection.

On a somewhat redeeming note, it looks like Sprouts will be replacing OSH:  http://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/news/2016/03/16/grocer-plans-to-fill-former-osh-space-in-folsom.html 

Also, I noticed that an Adam's Meat Shop will be going in the old Great Harvest location, coincidentally next to Sbarkles.  I guess they will have a lot of sales to 4 legged customers.

--
"Let's just hope Comcast doesn't own any tanks."
-Robert X. Cringely

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users