• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 kayakblonde

kayakblonde

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:41 PM

Try Meshell at Suede next to Trader Joes on East Bidwell, she really helped me with my color. She really listened to me and paid attention the what I was saying. She also suggested some ideas I wasn't even thinking of, but really worked. It cost a little more than I am used to paying but was sooo worth it. I will go back to see her. The # is 817-4481...just an FYI ask for her specifically because they work in levels and you don't want to get a level 1......she is a level 3

#92 Mizzz Moto

Mizzz Moto

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:11 PM

Hello everyone

i just wanted to know if anyone knew of any places where i could get extensions for a GOOD PRICE as well as a great job on the extensions.

THANKS!!! : )

#93 TawnyK

TawnyK

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE(Maribou Owner @ Nov 18 2006, 08:15 AM) View Post
Well, I just stumbled over all this...wow! I dont know what kind of picture of me was posted...or why, but it must have been pretty bad. Im not too worried about it. I just thought I would give some truth to what goes on at Maribou. We have 21 hair stylists & 6 spa staff...each with at least 5 years experience. They all enjoy & are required to take continued advanced courses...vidal sassoon came to our salon & gave us a week of training. Many of us have trained world-wide.
As for our prices & receptionists: If you call the front desk, you will get the same prices that you will find on our website www.MaribouSpaSalon.com Our stylists are independent contractors so if they choose to cut you a deal...that is between the 2 of you! We are a high-end salon where higher prices are to be expected. They are not far off of other salons in town. I believe that my staff & overall experience has been pleasing to most clients. We won in several categories of Folsom/El Dorado Hills Style magazine Best Of 2006 & the Telegragh for: Best salon, spa, mani/pedi, massage, place to get a facial, & have 2 of the 3 top stylists! We are busy & doing great!
I do take responsibility for the dissatisfied customers who have posted. I appologize for that. I dont want my entire staff to suffer for it. We are all just trying to make a living.
As for Lisa: She is a phenominal stylist! She has several years experience doing hair, a very large clientelle who keep her busy 60+ hours per week, and she won in the top 3 local stylist awards! Its unfortunate that someone here had a bad experience. Its a tough business!
I invite each of you to visit & experience Maribou for yourself. If you are on a budget, check our website for coupons or come to our holiday party Dec.1 @ 6pm where we will have GREAT savings, live jazz, wine, raffles & more.
I dont check in here too often so forgive me for not replying much in the future.

WOW.
I wish my boss at *** *** would read this!

#94 LifeSource

LifeSource

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Health<br />Fitness<br />Wellness<br />Disease Prevention<br />Making a Difference in the Lives of Others

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:55 PM

I'm a little late to the party here and didn't see if anyone else recommended them, but go to Rinnovare Salon and see Jay Worden. He's outstanding with both men and women!

My wife is extremely picky about who does her hair and she loved Jay. Their prices are very reasonable compared to some of the other places we've been (still don't know why women's hair is so much more expensive to do than men's! tongue.gif)

Anyway, Rinnovare is over by the old Raley's and their number is 983-2713.

Tell Jay that Roger the JuicePlus+ guy recommended him!

I'm sure they'd do your extensions, too! tongue.gif
The news isn't that fruits and vegetables are good for you. It's that they are so good for you they could save your life. - David Bjerklie, TIME magazine October 20, 2003 - LifeSource Management

#95 giasmom

giasmom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE(booboo @ Dec 15 2006, 12:29 AM) View Post
My two cents about hair services.

I refuse to buy into the ridiculous prices. 150+ for highlights and cut??!!! ARe you OuT of YouR minD ladIEs??? I've tried a lot of stylists and failed. I began considering how I'll pull the job off doing it myself somehow until I went to a hole in the wall next to the Dollar Tree off East Bidwell, Paid 65 bucks for a crown highlight, cut and style. The place isn't beautiful, but she always does what I want, takes her time and while I'm under he dryer, only squeezes in a client that just needed a cut and no style. If they need more she gives them an appointment.

Apparently naming names on this forum gets you in trouble, but I'm Mylo's wife and one of many lousy experiences I've had in Folsom has already been identified on this forum, however I do have new a respect for her after reading her professional response within this thread. It demonstrates she has what it takes to run a successful buisness. With hair however, I tried many times with her because I understand color can be a tricky. After experiencing 5 expensive and rushed treatments, with results I had difficulty adjusting to, I finally gave up.

I don't think it's a lack of talent in the area. I believe it's the lack of effort put forth to take the time and pay real attention to what the client wants - especially if you're a new client. I mean, they are about to do permanent changes to your hair but yet you'll be under that sink within 2 minutes of sitting in that chair, or sometimes they throw a color wheel at you and tell you to "pick your colors" and walk off. It seems to me they either overbook themselves or just want you back out the door minus your 150+ dollars as quickly as possible. They say "if it doesn't work out just come back and I'll put a little toner on it" as they reach for their makeup bag and rush out the door to catch up with the other stylists to "do lunch".

All I ask is a stylist write down the color numbers when I say "I'll always want the same thing" so I don't walk out looking different every single time, not ask where I part my hair then skimp like hell on the foils and to also stay off that blasted cell phone when the subject is nonsense during my appointment. I also prefer the stylist not squeezing in other clients while I'm under the dryer unless you can guarantee I won't accidentally get over processed.

Expensive salons have never met my expectations - which is just a good haircut and color - for that incredible money. I get the best service and constant outstanding results from a gal who is genuinely friendly that barely speaks english. I watch "Deal or no deal" on a 15 inch TV set that's stuck in the corner with plastic ivy drapped over it. Even under those florecent lights I am truely able to relax because I know she's not going to perform a science experiment on my head and bill is going to be under what I make in day.

#96 giasmom

giasmom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(booboo @ Dec 15 2006, 12:29 AM) View Post
My two cents about hair services.

I refuse to buy into the ridiculous prices. 150+ for highlights and cut??!!! ARe you OuT of YouR minD ladIEs??? I've tried a lot of stylists and failed. I began considering how I'll pull the job off doing it myself somehow until I went to a hole in the wall next to the Dollar Tree off East Bidwell, Paid 65 bucks for a crown highlight, cut and style. The place isn't beautiful, but she always does what I want, takes her time and while I'm under he dryer, only squeezes in a client that just needed a cut and no style. If they need more she gives them an appointment.

Apparently naming names on this forum gets you in trouble, but I'm Mylo's wife and one of many lousy experiences I've had in Folsom has already been identified on this forum, however I do have new a respect for her after reading her professional response within this thread. It demonstrates she has what it takes to run a successful buisness. With hair however, I tried many times with her because I understand color can be a tricky. After experiencing 5 expensive and rushed treatments, with results I had difficulty adjusting to, I finally gave up.

I don't think it's a lack of talent in the area. I believe it's the lack of effort put forth to take the time and pay real attention to what the client wants - especially if you're a new client. I mean, they are about to do permanent changes to your hair but yet you'll be under that sink within 2 minutes of sitting in that chair, or sometimes they throw a color wheel at you and tell you to "pick your colors" and walk off. It seems to me they either overbook themselves or just want you back out the door minus your 150+ dollars as quickly as possible. They say "if it doesn't work out just come back and I'll put a little toner on it" as they reach for their makeup bag and rush out the door to catch up with the other stylists to "do lunch".

All I ask is a stylist write down the color numbers when I say "I'll always want the same thing" so I don't walk out looking different every single time, not ask where I part my hair then skimp like hell on the foils and to also stay off that blasted cell phone when the subject is nonsense during my appointment. I also prefer the stylist not squeezing in other clients while I'm under the dryer unless you can guarantee I won't accidentally get over processed.

Expensive salons have never met my expectations - which is just a good haircut and color - for that incredible money. I get the best service and constant outstanding results from a gal who is genuinely friendly that barely speaks english. I watch "Deal or no deal" on a 15 inch TV set that's stuck in the corner with plastic ivy drapped over it. Even under those florecent lights I am truely able to relax because I know she's not going to perform a science experiment on my head and bill is going to be under what I make in day.

Hi boo boo
Im with you, it does sound like a lot of $ to spend on hair services. I've been feeling a little embarrassed, I spend 12.00 on my cut, thats all I get, a cut, leave with a wet head. I color my hair myself, after trying every brand possible, I settled on the best longest lasting for me, it's 5.00. I do get lots and lots of compliments on my hair style. . . Dont get me wrong, it sounds wonderful to go into an upscale salon and get the above, one day I may. But hey, you cant put a price on being totally happy with our hair color and style, I mean that in the most sincere way, if my hair is not right, it messes up my whole day!

#97 Anna

Anna

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:05 PM

I belong to a Hair Club at an Aveda Concept salon in Gold River. $99/month unlimited hair services, including color and conditioning treatments.
They do a good job and with the membership, if I don't like it I can go back over and over and over and over again.....

#98 TawnyK

TawnyK

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE(Anna @ Jan 15 2008, 06:05 PM) View Post
I belong to a Hair Club at an Aveda Concept salon in Gold River. $99/month unlimited hair services, including color and conditioning treatments.
They do a good job and with the membership, if I don't like it I can go back over and over and over and over again.....

WOW! That sounds like a really good deal!
I used to work full service before I went through my divorce and moved to Folsom and ended up in the kind of places I work in now....

And a lot of the stylists did double book chemicals with cuts. I saw women working 2 chairs constantly. it's very common in the field especially if you are station rental or commission (in my case it was commission) I didn't double book myself which made my day easier and probably my customers happier but I also didn't make as much money as the other hair dressers who did double book. It's a job where your time directly affects your money. So, what I think I am trying to say is it really has nothing to do with the salon as a whole but with the individual stylist and what her personal goals and work ethic are.

I ended up in Folsom working quick cut placeswhile going through a divorce because they pay hourly. I do miss my old full service job so much tho. When I go into full service salons I get super nostalgic for it.

#99 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:48 PM

I like Sculptures by Safeway. They've never made me feel like they're rushing. Not cheap though. Jacque, the owner, is really good.

#100 Markus

Markus

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(Parizienne @ Jul 28 2006, 09:03 AM) View Post
Thanks for posting this. I am new to the area and left the perfect stylist back home! It took me years to find her. Now these fantastic recommendations will certainly help me find a new one.

Anyone have any good manicurists? I don't wear acrylics. I just get my nails manicured and polished, but I am looking for someone who can do this so it lasts a reasonable amount of time - 3-5 days? Also, need a good pedicure. Summertime, my feet get very dry. Any referrals?
Pari

There's a new manicurist/pedicurist in town at the Folsom Sun Club & Botique located in the Streets of London/McD's/Grocery Outlet shopping center. Her name is Tona and she does excellent gel work. She's clean, she won't hurt your fingers, and her clients love her work. She can do a manicure with a gel topcoat that will last much longer than polish.

Stop in for a tan and check out her work - most of the girls there are wearing her nails. They also have an esthetician.

#101 Markus

Markus

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

Try the Folsom Sun Club & Botique. They have a new manicurist/pedicurist that specializes in gels. Her name is Tona, and she does great work. Guaranteed, your nails won't hurt when you leave! If you don't want a full set, she can do a manicure with a gel top-coat that will last much longer than polish.

Stop in for a quick tan and check out her work - most of the girls there are wearing her nails. They also have an esthetician.

Located in the Streets of London/McD's/Grocery Outlet shopping center next to the cigar shop:

Folsom Sun Club & Botique
659 E. Bidwell St.
(916) 983-2826

#102 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE(Jolene @ Jul 24 2006, 10:08 AM) View Post
Okay, I am looking to do something different with my hair this week. Can anyone suggest a good place? I want a good color/highlight job and I will definitely need help with a style. I have no style. I am style'less!

I will not go to the Grand Salon on Blue Ravine, but other than that, I'm open to suggestions. Can you share your good experiences? Thanks!

Too bad we don't have any old shops around anymore. Give me a hair place with an old dog sleeping out front, Playboy mags on top of the TV, and a barber who is practicing politics. Gee, I miss those days.

-Robert

#103 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:00 AM

I didn't want to open a new topic for this, but I just have to ask. Has anyone noticed that a large marjority of women are walking around with the same hairstyle? It's kind of a bob with a wedge cut higher in the back. I don't know what the name of the cut is.

It's not that I don't like it and it isn't cute, but I'm just wondering if I wasn't invited to the meeting where we all decided to have the same haircut.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users