51 replies to this topic

#31 Lisa in Folsom

Lisa in Folsom

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

That was an extraordinary experience. Folsom came out in droves and I am so glad that the city fire and PD mobilized in support as well.

We are the land of the free because of the brave and it was an honor to pay our respects.

Thanks everyone that turned out.

There was a great turn out at Prairie City Road overcrossing.
I would think between 80 - 100 people showed up with their support.

Folsom Fire was their and they flew their large flag. There was a lot of flags waving and waving to the people as they went under the overpass.

I think there must have been 50-70 motorcycles along with all the other vehicles.

Again, I personally want to thank everyone for their support.
Good showing Folsom.

Did any of you go to the Scott Road overcrossing?

If so how did it go?

Scott Road was packed end to end with PD and fire there as well.

#32 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

Thanks everyone that turned out.

There was a great turn out at Prairie City Road overcrossing.
I would think between 80 - 100 people showed up with their support.

Folsom Fire was their and they flew their large flag. I think the Folsom PD was there too. There was a lot of flags waving and waving to the people as they went under the overpass.

I think there must have been 50-70 motorcycles along with all the other vehicles.

Again, I personally want to thank everyone for their support.
Good showing Folsom.

Did any of you go to the Scott Road overcrossing?

If so how did it go?

Thanks for this, Cal. I appreciate it. My kids and I enjoyed it a lot. Good to see you and your wife, too.

#33 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

Cal you rock dude!!

#34 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

@MyFolsom: Honoring those who have made the ultimate sacrifice... http://t.co/LgwB4SKK

My kids saw you guys pulling out, too bad we didn't see you on the overpass. It was a really good event.

#35 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

There was a great turnout on a lot of overcrossings, including the bike overcrossing close to Hazel at least a dozen flags there. There were fire trucks on the Hazel overcrossing with lights. The motorcade was impressive.
Thanks for letting us know, camay2327 so we could show our support.

#36 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

There was a great turnout on a lot of overcrossings, including the bike overcrossing close to Hazel at least a dozen flags there. There were fire trucks on the Hazel overcrossing with lights. The motorcade was impressive.
Thanks for letting us know, camay2327 so we could show our support.

and John. this was a perfect function of John's creation, MyFolsom.com.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#37 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

and John. this was a perfect function of John's creation, MyFolsom.com.

You are absolutely right. I'm sorry. :blush: Thank you so much, John. I probably would have missed this if I didn't see it here.

#38 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

I saw Cal driving out - Cyndi, we came in last minute, didn't think we could make it but glad we did. I was so proud of our community but sad it was for the loss of a fallen soldier. I was happy I could spread the word...

#39 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

Pictures and article from the Sac Bee: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/08/16/4733470/funeral-procession-for-staff-sgt.html

#40 jtroiano

jtroiano

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

My husband shot 2 video's today on the ride from McClellan. Unfortunately, his video cuts off before getting to El Dorado Hills. The first video covers everything from McClellan to Watt Ave. The second video is from Bradshaw to El Dorado Hills Blvd.

Video 1 -27 minutes
Video 2 -20 minutes

#41 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:14 AM

My husband shot 2 video's today on the ride from McClellan. Unfortunately, his video cuts off before getting to El Dorado Hills. The first video covers everything from McClellan to Watt Ave. The second video is from Bradshaw to El Dorado Hills Blvd.

Video 1 -27 minutes
Video 2 -20 minutes

Great videos. Thanks so very much.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#42 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

I'm glad there was such a good turnout. I had a CASA meeting in Sacramento or I'd have been there with you.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#43 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

1345187251[/url]' post='447721']

Video 1 -27 minutes
Video 2 -20 minutes

I saw lots of pix from Folsom and EDH, were the other overpasses just as crowded or was it just Folsom?

#44 Baldguy

Baldguy

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

Sorry I couldn't call as requested; cell phones and riding don't mix.

Riding in the motorcade was an honor. I could not believe the turn out of citizens and emergency personnel to show support. On every single overpass were firetrucks with personnel on top of the rigs in full uniform saluting. The closer we got to EDH, the overpasses were more and more crowded with Prairie City and Scott Roads being the biggest.

Every so often, there would be a Sheriff Deputy, freeway patrol, tow truck, or CHP parked at a 45 degree angle on the shoulder of the freeway with the officer out of the vehicle saluting the motorcade.

Exiting the freeway at EDH Blvd I almost lost it; it's tough to ride with tears welling up. I could not believe the number of people that turned out with flags, signs, or red/white/blue anything. As we passed RH Middle School, the crowd was astronomical. The lane became so narrow it was difficult to ride through; the crowd was literally taking the entire street.

The toughest part for me was seeing grown men with tears in their eyes, women crying, full uniformed football teams on a knee with helmets off, cheerleading teams, bicycle teams, veterans....everyone in complete silence. I've ridden Toy Runs and parades, but this was...well...something else. Silence...just the bikes making noise. It was overwhelming...I'm still overwhelmed this morning.

Mr. and Mrs. Mote took the time to come and shake all of the motorcade members hands and thank us for our support before the plane landed and before the procession started.

I wish the Mote family the best during this difficult time....

#45 gbfolsom

gbfolsom

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

Thank you for that post, Baldguy (although it made me cry)! I'm so proud of the turnout from Folsom residents. Wish I could have been there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users