5 replies to this topic

#1 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:29 AM

In the sage of "unintended consequences", the complete closure of the trail along the south bank of the American River has proved the feds were correct to intend this as a Conservation Zone.

Construction of the massive concrete 18' wide "ADA road" had collapses, so area was fenced off to volumes of road-users.    The area is now popular with Bald Eagles.

This is far more important than adding un-countable tons of concrete to this dredged slope.    Our national symbol has decided to stake its own claim to the American River.

http://www.sacbee.co...le78928702.html

Save the American River!      Bald Eagles, welcome to U.S. Conservation Zone!

Thank you Mrs. Skinner for investigating.

#2 kcrides99

kcrides99

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:52 AM

Or one could argue that they are thriving there despite the construction and will continue to thrive upon completion.

Then those with disabilities or less able will now also be able to enjoy these beautiful creatures.

#3 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:59 AM

The area was fenced off for lawsuit prevention....as is ALL construction these days.  The eagles won't care one bit about the concrete.  The mile long bridge sure doesn't seem to bother them. I am glad they are here though. i was in my forties before I saw a bald eagle in the wild in CA.  They seem to be doing quite well all over.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#4 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:23 PM

Love the Bald Eagles. I hope they stay here.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#5 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:52 PM

Cool.  I hope to see one.

#6 granto

granto

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:53 PM

Cool.  I hope to see one.

hopefully someday it will be like Alaska where there are so many, you stop noticing.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users